X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very bad news for airsoft

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
    Well I appreciate your position dude but to be honest I think you're biased because of your situation.
    And you're not?

As for "licensing":
    It'd be more likely that the current defence would be changed to require central registration, not just site membership. And as UKARA already have something set up...

The "2-tone" part of the legislation was never intended to cover airsoft, it was for all the other toy guns out there.
    That's why I doubt that'll ever be banned. It' have to be specific to airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
      Look, Im not bashing u-18s buying guns and I agree with you that a junior membership would be great, but that wont happen.

Continuing to be realistic, two tones are just bad for the sport at the moment and have no realistic replacement.
      Two tones being banned wont happen either I'm afraid. I wish the junior membership thing could work and would happen..... then everybody is happy, the u18s and the ukara members. All that would need to happen would be extra checks on the minor getting a membership, as I said before. I guess u18s are more likely to be irresponsible and stupid with airsoft guns and so phone calls to the site owner would be good.

I suppose the government will not do anything in either partys favour, the u18s or the over 18s (skirmishers) so.... no point having a go at eachother really

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
        Basically, criminals are criminals, what's the use in creating MORE laws if they are happy to break the ones we currently have?
        clearly you haven't much experience in how government works.

in the last few years it has worked like this.

something shit happens and a problem arises:

lets say - armed robbery with rifs.

now despite the fact that there are a gazillion laws to deal with such things - teh gov in all their wisdom - and the police for that matter seem to forget about these laws and as such do not put them into good use.

gov then ban what ever it is.

then they fail to use what ever shitty law they just brought in and the cycle continues.

I for one thing this is hilariously funny and ironic.

although it makes no sense what so ever - why rob a place with something that looks like a toy = you will get taken a lot more seriously with a "real" looking gun.

either way - the gov will bring in laws which only affect the law abiding. criminals will always break the law - so it stops nothing.

the gov and police need to put into use the extensive laws they already have in place.

wow - rant off.

edit - in response to the licensing idea - I refer you to the Brocock air weapons ban some years back - Gov tried to put them onto a fire arms license.
        there are 70,000 recorded brocock air weapon sales in the UK - some 65,000 of those went missing - leaving 5000 people out of pocket £50

in the event of a licensing system for airsoft being introduced - I for one would retire my guns to under the bed and quit airsoft.
        mac
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
          I'm not being biased, I can understand the arguements against two tones but alot of people don't realise the benfits of it (allowings -18s to play, increasing sales of shops and sites).
          Also, when did I say anything about allowing -18s to buy IFs? I don't think they should be allowed to buy RIFs or IFs.
          So which is it? You say that you dont think -18s should buy RIFs/IFs yet at the beginning of that paragraph you state that two-tones provide benefits in that they allow -18s to play. That makes no sense at all, unless you suggest that -18s should be able to use two tones that have been "gifted" to them by their parents - which is lets face it dodgy ground!

Also, I wish people would stop looking at -18s as the saviours of Airsoft! they're not!! Very few airsofters at my local site are -18, most are 18+ (I cant be certain but I'd hazard a very strong guess that only 20% are -18 on any one day (that doesn't mean they're regulars)). In addition, -18s rarely have enough money to keep airsoft alive, they're hardly big spenders and retailers would be idiots to rely on their "parents" as a steady stream of income.
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

buying and using are two very different things.

the same thing applies to air rifles.

you can't buy one at under 18 but you can own one and use it. - as long as it is a gift from the parents.
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
              And you're not?
              Never said I wasn't :D

I'm completely biased, as part of the majority of airsofters (over 18 year olds) I dont want to see the sport shut down because of two tones.

Comment

my position on this is now, ban two tones, but create a defence for -18 skirmishers to have their parents gift them partly clear guns. It won't happen but I believe that would be the best thing to do as it would keep the 18+'s and the -18s happy

Comment

my position on this is now, ban two tones, but create a defence for -18 skirmishers to have their parents gift them partly clear guns. It won't happen but I believe that would be the best thing to do as it would keep the 18+'s and the -18s happy
                  Perfect solution.

Now, close the thread!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup - agree with this
                    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Its odd, you can legally own with a shotty with a license at the age at 14... Yet air rifles and airsoft guns are another story? - I really don't see the point in that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Splitter Find out more about Splitter
                      Working...
                      X