VFC MP7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VFC MP7

I fancy giving the Apache a go now when the A3 of that version comes out, just give WE one more last last last chance.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Okay, seeing one actually being held/moved about, at the scale it is - I'm starting to think that this is actually a good looking gun. I've never got on with it before, so that is something!!!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

may be of interest to the vfc gas gun haters

http://overhoppers.wordpress.com/201...e-smg-8-x-mp7/

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
          may be of interest to the vfc gas gun haters

http://overhoppers.wordpress.com/201...e-smg-8-x-mp7/
          Hmm, I think despite my reservations over VFC GBBR's, I'd still go for the VFC over a WE any day.
          Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Ohhhh a second full size MP7 on the market, I suppose it all depends on how much the body kit costs as to weather its worth buying, especially with no HK markings.

My VFC one winging its way over from HK as we speak :D

Comment

Dude you should have saved your money have you not seen all the reviews? It's practically unusable in the field. I take it you haven't read Darklites review on arnieairsoft :/

Comment

I've looked at so many reviews and "opinions" on VFC as a whole and their MP7, I have decided to make my own mind up, just like I did with their MP5 series.
                It never fails to amaze me just how narrow minded airsofters are, from the moment that single video from Alkany was put up on YouTube the VFC MP7 has been written off, with the exception of the cooldown on auto, he seemed very impressed with it overall, and the "cooldown" I still believe is another issue.
                Seen a couple of other snippets of other owners, I've also seen AST on YouTube a few days ago blasting out half a mag without issue.
                As others may testify I'm not one to be scared by people with an opinion, if I was I wouldn't own two cracking VFC MP5s.
                But by the same token I'm not going to sugar coat it if its a £200 paperweight, if its shit and can't be tweaked to work well, as most Airsoft weapons need to varying degrees, then I'm more than happy to say so...lol
                We all seem to forget that both the other recent MP7 (or SMG 8 ) releases have had their own issues too, with broken nozzles or constant misfeeding, don't hear many people writing off the TM after its firs broken nozzle video, or the SMG 8 after Khan Sebs video of that misfeeding every other shot!!!

My own review of the VFC MP7 will be available sometime next week :D

Comment

I'd buy that 1:1 MP7 that WE look like they might be bringing out. I really hate the look of the SMG-8.

You can add mags that don't fit to that list as well Tisane, whoever dropped that bollock needs his P45 giving back.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.

Comment

Actually mate it can't get through a mag on semi auto either not just auto.

Darklite wrote....

"I held and fired one of these the other day. 28C ambient on greengas with 0.2g bbs.

Not impressed, really.

It's lighter than the TM. Noticeably lighter, even fully loaded.

The plastic quality seems cheap to me, especially compared to the wonderful job VFC did with their G36 GBBrs.

The detailing is nice, the trades are nice and the flip up sights are nice. It's also quite nice in the hand, more comfortable than the TM (mainly because I have enormous gorilla hands).

The magazine is bigger than an Mp5 mag, it's quite a chunky monkey. Which is confusing, because the cooldown is awful. Even in a heated shop, about 28C ambient, I could only JUST get an entire mag out in SEMI. Full auto mag dump is just impossible. Even the TM can do a full mag dump on auto.

Also, recoil was eh. The action was sluggish. It also misfed about 5/6 shots on full auto. No misfeeds on semi though.

The biggest single gripe I have about it? It doesn't come with *fruitcage* side rails.

Also it really felt like it was made of cheap plastic. I was really taken aback when I picked it up, because it looks nice and sexy, but it feels like a spring pistol. Magazine out I could make the pistol grip flex by squeezing it between my thumb and forefinger."

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                      I'd buy that 1:1 MP7 that WE look like they might be bringing out. I really hate the look of the SMG-8.

You can add mags that don't fit to that list as well Tisane, whoever dropped that bollock needs his P45 giving back.

Its a body kit bud, it does look nice, obviously apart from the lack of markings, but still it's quite a sneaky way of avoiding grief over copywright...lol

Mags that don't fit what mate?

Originally posted by Scotty H View Post
                      Actually mate it can't get through a mag on semi auto either not just auto.
                      And he appears to be the only one that seems to have that particular issue, it's not exactly a review is it, take a look at ASTs quick test on YouTube
                      The only thing in that little comment that concerns me is the thickness of the plastic on the pistol grip, and the fact that it's considerably lighter than its competitors, I'm curious to know why a bigger gun from someone like VFC is nearly 1kg lighter than others that are smaller.

Comment

The SMG-8, load of people had problems with their spare magazines not locking in properly.

CBA with a body kit, by the time you've likely shelled out you're probably in TM territory.

Comment

Ahhh I didn't know that
                          I knew about its feed issues from a player on my team at a night game last year, poor guy spent more time in the safe zone
                          Coincidentally both of my full steel MP5s steamrollered on all night with only a single misfeed, and that was my fault because I overloaded the mag.

The thing with the SMG 8 and a body kit combo is that if its cheap enough and the VFC does flop, it brings another alternative to the table in the 1:1 scale MP7s.
                          But the body kit has to be sub £100 and the VFC has to be shite...lol

Comment

Please do let us know how you get on with it.

I'm not even sure how often I'd use a MP7, especially a GBB so it'd be more of part of the collection and for a bit of fun. So unless its diabolical I might pick one up.
                            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I'm a bugger for overloading my GBB mags, I'm adamant it's reason why I've gone through two nozzles on my AK.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                                I'm a bugger for overloading my GBB mags, I'm adamant it's reason why I've gone through two nozzles on my AK.

I've got the point when I buy a new speedloader, I sit down for an hour or so loading bb's into mags working out how many pushes are required to get as close to the limit as possible. Haven't fluffed a mag since doing that.
                                Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                                Working...
                                X