VFC MP7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VFC MP7

Nice! And less weight then a KSC or Marui?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! And less weight then a KSC or Marui?

Comment

Ohh yeah, considerably lighter.
      Soon get used to it though.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.

Comment

For those who don't know, there is a new MP7 around. It's essentially the WE SMG8 but with classic MP7 externals. Google 'New Wave MP7' - some sites call it Small Rice 7 for some strange reason. Pretty sure it's made by WE, as it comes in a WE box, has the blue sticker WEs have and is the same as the SMG8 internally. Only costs $190 and is 1:1 scale. Looks like WE created the New Wave brand to avoid lawsuits, like how VFC market their Glocks as Stark, a disposable brand in case they were prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
          Ohh yeah, considerably lighter.
          Soon get used to it though.
          how are you finding the plastic?
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
            For those who don't know, there is a new MP7 around. It's essentially the WE SMG8 but with classic MP7 externals. Google 'New Wave MP7' - some sites call it Small Rice 7 for some strange reason. Pretty sure it's made by WE, as it comes in a WE box, has the blue sticker WEs have and is the same as the SMG8 internally. Only costs $190 and is 1:1 scale. Looks like WE created the New Wave brand to avoid lawsuits, like how VFC market their Glocks as Stark, a disposable brand in case they were prosecuted.

I've seen this somewhere else, can't remember where but the bits and bobs I've seen about it suggest that it comes as a kit to convert the SMG 8 into an MP7.
            Seems a bit weird that they would release it as a complete gun given that they specifically released the SMG 8 to get around the problems of selling an unlicensed MP7, and I presume the body kit somehow gets around that problem.
            I'd love to see confirmation on it as $190 seems too cheap for a complete MP7 and too expensive for a simple plastic body.
            Either way WE have been a bit sly there, how many people have brought the SMG 8 in the hope of the kit coming out?
            Then the kit (if it is) comes out and they have to fork out a further £115 to convert to MP7.
            Or they have an SMG 8 and WE release it as a new gun, so poor Airsofter has to sell the abortion of an SMG 8 to get their mits on the new MP7....lol

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
            how are you finding the plastic?
            The plastics are solid, the guy who held one and commented on it on Arnies was correct in that the pistol grip flexes with the mag out but it's not massive.
            I've said earlier it's really confusing because the plastics are tough but the thing is so unbelievably light, I picked it up earlier after returning home from work, you know the feeling when you pick up a can of Coke and you think its full but I fact its empty......well that's how I felt tonight.....lol
            Got a 551, side rails and M600 on their way, that should make it a bit more of a podgy bear....lol

Ok so the penny drops, as I'm looking this thing over to strip it down and look at the hop rubber, this thing is so light as EVERY little bit of internal "furniture" like VFCs replica gas system, outer barrel and hop unit are bloody plastic!!!
            Fair enough it saves money and is rarely ever seen, I'd not even have noticed had I not been looking it over closely, but with how much the gun is underweight compared to the RS that it immaculately replicates, why not use bloody pot metal at least to make it a touch more porky?!?!
            Roll on Crusader upgrades!!!
            Even the right fire selector is pissing plastic!!!
            Last edited by tisane; 28 January, 2014, 19:02.

Comment

That's very stingy, especially going to all that effort to make it 1:1 and then have it significantly underweight.

Seems like this WE think might be the way forward.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I dared to strip its guts out and look what I found!!

All plastic!

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                That's very stingy, especially going to all that effort to make it 1:1 and then have it significantly underweight.

Seems like this WE think might be the way forward.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.
                If nobody does an upgrade alloy inner for it I think I might be right behind you...lol

Comment

The New Wave is a compete gun, and is similarly priced to the WE SMG8 (Actually it's a bit more expensive, the SMG8 is as cheap as $150 from Asia), take the same mags of course since it's the same gun internally, although I watched a video that said the mags need slight modification to lock in. A few retailers have videos of it being unboxed and shot. WE are taking a risk with the licencing issues, but that's why they created the disposable 'New Wave' brand in case they are prosecuted.
                  Last edited by Apurturesci; 28 January, 2014, 22:35.

Comment

Those plastic internals aren't going to last long, lets hope alloy upgrades are available before it breaks. The weight thing would really gripe me, weird how the TM/KWA are smaller but probably very close to RS weight then VFC who make a full 1:1 replica go all fischer price on us :/

Comment

I don't think its going to pop anytime soon, the only thing id worry about is maybe the inner body to hop join, that takes a good slamming as the bolt returns forward.
                      I give it 6 months before some bright spark in Taiwan makes an alloy inner body, then i will get my smile back...lol

Comment

Though are plastic internals really such a terrible thing? We all know at airsoft price points that pot metal is used extensively and by it's nature it is very brittle and often wears down and breaks. Is zinc alloy really any better than plastic? Depending on the grade of plastic used and it's application I think it would be able to absorb impacts better and thus last longer.

Or am I talking guff?

I can't imagine Umarex being very happy with WE bringing out a 1:1 MP7 clone, especially around the same time as VFC's. I don't expect to see this Small Rice 7 being on the market for very long.

That price is so tempting.

BTW, Airsoft gun brands are starting to get bloody ridiculous.

"That looks awesome mate, what is it?"

"It's the latest model from Arse Burrower 69, it's a beast".

Comment

Thing is you don't see KWA or TM having issues with anything that's plastic inside the VFC, i see your point in that plastics would absorb impact better than Zinc alloy, but the other thing is the alloy bolt runs along the plastic runners, it takes a decent amount of lube to keep it nice and smooth, imagine how quickly that bolt could wear through those guide rails

Id like to get my mits on the WE MP7, but im not doing so at the expense of any of my VFCs....including the MP7...lol
                          Gonna have to raid the Mrs wages!!

Comment

One thing that has made me smile a little more, how more and more youtube videos are popping up, and all smashing out a mag and more on full auto...lol

Comment

You won't be shooting nothing when those guide rails wear out, I take it they're attached to the body?

Comment

The inner body yes mate.

RA-tech made me giggle earlier, comparing the VFC to the KWA, the guy made a comment about the weight difference and that it was probably down to the fact that the KWA had rails and the VFC didn't, I think even if VFC made the rails out of lead it would still be underweight...lol
                                Wait until they rip its guts out...lmao
                                Last edited by tisane; 29 January, 2014, 17:56.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                                Working...
                                X