X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

Originally posted by speedbird_666 View Post
    This is on another forum:

We’ve received feedback from both our customers and end-users on some of the first CZ EVO 3 A1’s we’ve sent out. Overall, the EVO has been received very well indeed. There have been some points on feeding issues/jam that we’ve decided to act on. Our internal QC Department has found a flaw in the tolerance of the barrel and C-clips, which can cause feeding issues/jam in some of the EVO’s that have been sent out. If you have an EVO that experience feeding issues/jam, please contact your retailer and let them know, so you can have the barrel and C-clip replaced in your CZ EVO 3 A1. We will send barrels and C-clips to our partners so they can help out.

I'm pleased to see that ASG are listening and acting on feedback.
    That is great news, if word gets around that they really look after their buyers it males you much more confident about buying.

Comment

Yeah words are all well and good, but when your £400 premium AEG is lying around like an expensive paperweight waiting for parts to arrive (who knows when), proof is in the pudding.
      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
        Yeah words are all well and good, but when your £400 premium AEG is lying around like an expensive paperweight waiting for parts to arrive (who knows when), proof is in the pudding.
        I think ASG bit off a little more than they can chew on what is, when looked at in context, an incredibly ambitious project. There is no other mainstream company willing to put an AEG into production outside of Asia (although there's a yank one putting PTWs together).

Overall, compared to the some of the over-hyped disasters that have happened in the past (TSI Tavor anyone?) the Scorpion is a resounding success.

Yes, there are teething problems, but much like the Video Game Industry (Halo MCC , AC Unity anyone?), ASG are pulling out the all the stops fix the launch problems by 'patching' their product by issuing free, corrected/upgraded, replacement parts.

I can imagine it's frustrating, but that's the price of being a launch customer for a new and largely untested product.

Comment

this was expected,as they did not beta test the product long enough,an extra six months would of exposed all the issues that we are experiencing now....but at least they are trying to sort them out
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Least we forget the debacle that was the PTS ACR Aeg :L
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

• Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

I would never place it in the same category as the TSI Tavor, that was a cataclysmic fail, this just has annoying teething problems that has so far ruined one skirmish for me and rendered it unusable until I get my barrel through. The whole reason I bought it in the first place was to start enjoying skirmishing again with a quality product and manufacturer backup instead of the myriad of troublesome second hand guns I've had which develop some issue on their first outing.

I suppose I'm just as frustrated with my retailer as I am with ASG in just the utter vagueness of the customer service. My feelings will no doubt change when things start coming together.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.

Comment

Mine has been returned for a refund.
                Olphy, was yours from the 1st batch of pre orders? Thinking about using the refunded money to buy a later gen when they come back into stock in the UK but worried they haven't sorted the jamming issue.

Comment

Mine was the second run, about a month after the first deliveries but has so far exhibited all of the common faults of the first batch.

I have been assured that the barrel unit will come with the complimentary iron sights next week.

Comment

Barrel and sights are waiting for me to get my white ass down to the store for fitting, more to follow once they are fitted and I've skirmished her again.

Comment

I received my Scorpion Evo this week and it was faultless until today when I tried to use the gun at its first skirmish. All it would do is lock up and jam with BBs. I am using 0.25g ASG Blaster Devils.
                      As I understand it, if mine came with the iron sights it should have the updated barrel and C clip which should prevent this.

So the Evo on its very first outing left me with a bad taste.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

Actually the same issue happens to me but what I found out its nothing to do with the gu internally
                        It's the weather, it's too cold that the hop up has no silicone, therefore it's not feeding properly. Also the magazine spring lose it strength.

I put silicone spray into the hop and into tye magazine as well, took me 10 mags then everything is back in order
                        There is nothing call enough...

Comment

Originally posted by shaun_ccxr View Post
                          Actually the same issue happens to me but what I found out its nothing to do with the gu internally
                          It's the weather, it's too cold that the hop up has no silicone, therefore it's not feeding properly. Also the magazine spring lose it strength.

I put silicone spray into the hop and into tye magazine as well, took me 10 mags then everything is back in order
                          I might try that tomorrow, maybe I could try a softer hop rubber?

Comment

Spraying silicone oil into a hop unit will make it even worse for a couple of rounds - a cold weather hop rubber would be your best bet.

I had to warm mine up with 100 rounds or so before it was playing ball this morning...
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                              Spraying silicone oil into a hop unit will make it even worse for a couple of rounds - a cold weather hop rubber would be your best bet.

I had to warm mine up with 100 rounds or so before it was playing ball this morning...
                              Can't warm it up if it will not feed even 1 BB though. It's going back to the supplier. Bloody annoying as I was going to use it next week, well this week too.

Comment

Take it back to your retailer mate and stamp your feet, that's what the warranty is for.

Mine has started to behave now that the new hop and barrel have been fitted but some words of wisdom from me:
                                • Don't even bother trying to feed the new Nuprol BBs through it, it doesn't like them
                                • DO NOT spray silicone oil on your hop rubber
                                • Any problems take it straight back to your retailer
                                • The magazines are a poor design, the innards are made from cheap plastic that over time will buckle and cause misfeeds. The only way tto solve this is to take them apart and wrap a layer of fabric tape around the top and bottom of the inner shell to stop it from bowing under the pressure of the loaded spring. New mags will only come with the same problem.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Turkey Find out more about Turkey
                                Working...
                                X