Not a good day for airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not a good day for airsoft

how r u going to stop people selling airsoft , replicas etc at car boots ?
    Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
      It doesn't matter how many steps are taken to legitimise airsoft, morons like this will always ruin it's reputation.

People tend only to remember the bad things.

+1

Shit like this will just keep happening no matter what steps are taken. It's always been that way and always shall be - that's just a fact.

On a personal note, I'd rather have some twat point and threaten me with a replica/bb/airgun than a 9mm.
      Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
      Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post

Annoying thing is we all moan about how airsoft gets bad publicity but here we are sitting here on our fat lazy bum bums doing eff all about it..not writing to the papers..media whatever...I think we as airsofters if we actually want to get any where in this world with the hobby and sit in the same throne room as paintball we need to start getting the media involved..

media is power
        True, media is power, sadly most media now is devoted to negative rather than positive public awareness or just plain sensational scaremongering. Pick up any paper or turn on the TV and you will quickly see that most articles are designed to grab your attention with how bad things can get, fuel crisis, immigration, violent crime statistics, you name it and the media will rip it to pieces. They will make the worst out of any situation.

If you took a reporter from the Daily Mail along to a skirmish, to try it for the day do you think his following days article would be about the "Good times had by all" and reflect the positive side of our hobby or would it be more likely to report the gun culture nature. you now the sort of thing, "Average looking Mr B Normal is secretly a sniper, at the weekends he grabs a rifle and heads for the hills in the hope of shooting people, some as young a 14. His lethal rifle, a highly accurate replica of the famous sniper rifle, the AK47 the same gun that was flown into the side of the twin towers on 911 by terrorists is capable of a firing plastic 6mm ball that can shatter a cars windscreen from 2 miles away. What kind of a man, dresses up as a killer at the weekend and stalks his prey in the wood. They could be living next door to you...MWWhhhaa we're all doomed etc etc."

The general public do not understand the difference between types of guns, any types at all. They do not care if it is an air rifle, bb's gun, airsoft,replica or what ever, it is just falls under a general "guns" to them. To understand Airsoft they would need to play it, thats why paintball is more commonly accepted because alot of people who aren’t "into it" have tried it. Until the public in this country are a little more educated about airsoft I see don't see mass public acceptance on the horizon for us, the public do need to be aware of our hobby but I am not convinced the British media are capable of doing it in a positive light.

Items of this post related to media interpretation may contain sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
          you name it and the media will rip it to pieces. They will make the worst out of any situation.

If you took a reporter from the Daily Mail along to a skirmish, to try it for the day do you think his following days article would be about the "Good times had by all" and reflect the positive side of our hobby or would it be more likely to report the gun culture nature. you now the sort of thing, "Average looking Mr B Normal is secretly a sniper, at the weekends he grabs a rifle and heads for the hills in the hope of shooting people, some as young a 14. His lethal rifle, a highly accurate replica of the famous sniper rifle, the AK47 the same gun that was flown into the side of the twin towers on 911 by terrorists is capable of a firing plastic 6mm ball that can shatter a cars windscreen from 2 miles away. What kind of a man, dresses up as a killer at the weekend and stalks his prey in the wood. They could be living next door to you...MWWhhhaa we're all doomed etc etc."

Sarcasm or not, this is true of the media.

I think the only way to get some good coverage is to get all sites to do a day of charity games, raise enough money for breast cancer or something and its all good.

Good media and a good cause

Just shows were not mindless gun freaks

Comment

At least its not this bad:

http://www.king5.com/news/slideshows...115198119.html

The ATF in america want Airsoft guns classed as firearms, according to a "top gunsmiths" it would be really easy to modify the lower reciever of an airsoft M16 to fire live rounds, because the lower reciever in real steel guns is the only part you need a licence to buy, if someone bought all the other parts and used the lower reciever from an airsoft gun, you could have a real working machinegun!

Jesus america, really? As much as I love the country, the people are fucking idiots sometimes. Nevermind the fact you can walk into Walmart and buy a pint of milk, loaf of bread and an automatic assault shotgun, AIRSOFT GUNS R EBIL!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
              At least its not this bad:

http://www.king5.com/news/slideshows...115198119.html

The ATF in america want Airsoft guns classed as firearms, according to a "top gunsmiths" it would be really easy to modify the lower reciever of an airsoft M16 to fire live rounds, because the lower reciever in real steel guns is the only part you need a licence to buy, if someone bought all the other parts and used the lower reciever from an airsoft gun, you could have a real working machinegun!

Jesus america, really? As much as I love the country, the people are fucking idiots sometimes. Nevermind the fact you can walk into Walmart and buy a pint of milk, loaf of bread and an automatic assault shotgun, AIRSOFT GUNS R EBIL!
              I remember a video showing a supposed "expert" attempting to put a magazine into an M4 backwards, while claiming it was "easy to convert" airsoft guns to real ones... Gives an idea of their general intelligence.
              Others till I die

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

patch Hello my name is Chris I live in reading a member of x-site Find out more about patch
              Working...
              X