Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M1 Garand = AEG

Hi guys

Just found out That ICS are makeing the M1 Garand a AEG if you check out there Facebook page you can see they confirmed it

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph..._comment_reply

Best Wishes
    Sgtjamie

Re: ICS M1 Garand = AEG

Hmmm, i think m1 grand is more of a GBBR just because that would be more "classy" :P

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
      Hmmm, i think m1 grand is more of a GBBR just because that would be more "classy" :P
      But ultimately less useable in games.

Comment

I just wonder what magazine system they'll use.....probably the same as the Shoot n Scoot Garand I suspect.

Still, I'd be interested in getting one if it's wood/metal.
        sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfish View Post
          I just wonder what magazine system they'll use.....probably the same as the Shoot n Scoot Garand I suspect.

Still, I'd be interested in getting one if it's wood/metal.
          agreed what im hoping is a mag capacity of about 50 or so round a it be locked to semi with a delay between trigger pulls no full auto capability other wise its a disgrace!

Comment

I think an AEG Garand will be a dissapointment. The Garand is THE eight round semi auto rifle. It should have the clip ejection ping. And if ICS doesn't manage this, then the M1 AEG will just be a fifty round mag semi auto DMR with a wooden body. I am hoping that WE make a GBB version one of these days. All they have to do is play around with their M14, lock it to semi, and figure out a top loading clip system.

Also, wasn't there another thread on this, back in ye olde days?......
            Failure is always an option.

Comment

Originally posted by PKR View Post
              agreed what im hoping is a mag capacity of about 50 or so round a it be locked to semi with a delay between trigger pulls no full auto capability other wise its a disgrace!
              Why the delay? A real one doesn't have a delay beyond the operating cycle.

My local's semi-auto fps limit is only 10 fps above the AEG limit, so a delay is a serious disadvantage.

As for wanting the Garand to be an AEG:
              Not many people can afford the ludicrous price tag they'd put on it, so they won't sell as many as if it was an AEG - Also easier to make an AEG...

Comment

Originally posted by PKR View Post
                if your so keen for it not to be a disgrace, why ask for a 50 rnd mag?
                Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan SG-7 View Post
                  I think an AEG Garand will be a dissapointment. The Garand is THE eight round semi auto rifle. It should have the clip ejection ping. And if ICS doesn't manage this, then the M1 AEG will just be a fifty round mag semi auto DMR with a wooden body. I am hoping that WE make a GBB version one of these days. All they have to do is play around with their M14, lock it to semi, and figure out a top loading clip system.

Also, wasn't there another thread on this, back in ye olde days?......
                  Just to point out, and this still amazes me. If you have a magazine with a max capacity of 50 or whatever you can still choose to only put 8 bbs in.

I know this concept is mind blowing, as its like, only two clicks of a speedloader, but then you can live your 8 round dreams and be happy
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

totally agree, load it with just eight if you want "realism" otherwise stop moaning and be grateful for what you get.

Comment

I don't care what cap the mag is. If it looks like a garand and it spits bbs I'm buyin one. How many of us have waited forever for a skirmishable m1 garand?
                      Honor before Victory

Comment

Originally posted by UnionJack87 View Post
                        I don't care what cap the mag is. If it looks like a garand and it spits bbs I'm buyin one. How many of us have waited forever for a skirmishable m1 garand?
                        Everyone who has ever done a WW2 US loadout?

:D
                        sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Been waiting for one of these for a while. I owned the Marushin 8mm Garand a few years ago and while it was the best rifle I've had in terms of realism and function, its performance did lack somewhat- putting anything through it stronger than Abbey Predator made it go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

However, having said that, there is a chap over in the east (china I believe) who makes steel parts for the Marushin so you can whack green/propane through it.
                          And before anyone goes down the "Ah erm yeh but an 8mm will do 40 gazillion joules compared to a 6mm" you CAN get 0.27g 8mm BB's, they're just like hens teeth.

Anyway, back to the ICS gun in question, I'm guessing it will have some form of magazine akin to the M14 i.e. in from where the internal magazine base plate would be.

I'd like to see it function where when you pull back on the bolt carrier, you retract the loading nozzle, enabling you to load a clip of however-so-many rounds into place and releasing the bolt handle will load a round into the chamber. Though I doubt that would happen.

Blowback would be nice too...

Comment

i don't care if its an aeg, if its affordible, reliable, wooden and supported, ie extra mags i'll buy it.

love ww2 rifles.

Boris
                            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

At Another: actually, eight rounds clips would be useless, considering everyone else is using, at absolute minimum, thirty round real caps. The only bonus for an eight round clip would be for reenactors. For everyone else it's a handicap. Something like a midcap would be generally good for the average airsoft game. But wouldn't that turn the M1 Garand into an M14?
                              Failure is always an option.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SgtJamie Find out more about SgtJamie
                              Working...
                              X