Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ICS M1 Garand = AEG

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
    its such a shame that many guns are very very over looked just because they were made in or by nazi germany
    Eh? There are more WW2 German airsoft guns than any other nation.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
      Eh? There are more WW2 German airsoft guns than any other nation.
      Yeah but TM and other big names seam to avoid them take away china made and other small company's and there`s not loads of them around. Not that there really my style of gun anyway but seen as TM made a Thompson years ago why no mp40 to follow it up ?
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Yeah but TM and other big names seam to avoid them take away china made and other small company's and there`s not loads of them around. Not that there really my style of gun anyway but seen as TM made a Thompson years ago why no mp40 to follow it up ?
        I believe it was said at the time that they might do more if there was sufficient demand - I guess there wasn't sufficient demend...

Comment

Strange how other company's seam to think there is oh well one man`s gold mine is another man`s crap hole lol
          sigpic
          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Strange how other company's seam to think there is oh well one man`s gold mine is another man`s crap hole lol
            Don't forget that Japan is TM's primary market. I think there's even some spiel on their manuals about the guns being only for use in Japan - obviously not enforced, but that's the way TM operates.

The Chinese manufacturers, on the other hand, make theirs primarily for export.

What puzzles me is how long it has taken them to come up with a Garand, considering the M14 they cloned from TM is already most of the way there. There's also a pretty good market for a reasonably-priced Lee Enfield. KTW's recently-announced one costs twice as much as a SnS custom build.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
              Don't forget that Japan is TM's primary market. I think there's even some spiel on their manuals about the guns being only for use in Japan - obviously not enforced, but that's the way TM operates.

The Chinese manufacturers, on the other hand, make theirs primarily for export.

What puzzles me is how long it has taken them to come up with a Garand, considering the M14 they cloned from TM is already most of the way there. There's also a pretty good market for a reasonably-priced Lee Enfield. KTW's recently-announced one costs twice as much as a SnS custom build.
              This.

Also when TM released the Thompson there were already several German airsoft guns out there, the Marushin K98 and G43, Asahi MP40, Shoei MP44 and MG42, not to mention a fair number of pistols. Making an allied gun first was a bit of a no brainer. German kit is by far the most popular when it comes to model making, militaria and wargaming... simply put the kit funcioned better, worked better and looked better than the allied stuff (Hugo Boss uniforms and all that), so there's no suprise that airsoft follwed the same way.

With regards to the Garand, the magazine is a considerable sticking point. But with the worldwide interest in milsim and real caps that has grown of late I think it is more viable to produce and AEG that can only pack a handfull of rounds.
              Last edited by CHIFF_MoA; 16 December, 2011, 11:31. Reason: Added stuff about Garand.

Comment

The real steal fires as fast as you can pull the trigger as said above but there was a guy in the 101st airborne easy company (can't remember his name ) who altered a few of the companies guns to fire fully automatic

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
                  there was a guy in the 101st airborne easy company (can't remember his name ) who altered a few of the companies guns to fire fully automatic
                  Darrell "Shifty" Powers
                  sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfish View Post
                    Darrell "Shifty" Powers
                    legend! one of many really.
                    sigpic

Comment

can I have a para garand please.

Comment

What's a Para-Garand? Do you mean the M1 Carbine with side folding stock? If so you can bodge an M1 Carbine into a repro stock, seen it done a few times and it looks good. (Funnily enough, the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine were invented by different people). As for wanting a Garand, hurry up ICS!

Comment

Must admit...never heard of a Para Garand. As far as I know paratroopers carried the standard M1 Garand rifle. I have heard of a Tanker Garand tho, specified as the T26

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand
                          sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

officially called the M1E5 M1 Garand variant; 18-inch barrel and folding stock, for Airborne and Tank crewman use. also refered to as a tanker garand.

never saw service but its cool.

I would also like to see the t31 bullpup.

and the grenade launcher.

Comment

The "E" in the number means "experimental".
                              Though why they did it is beyonde me, the 30-06 round would have been hell to control in that. They'ed have to have used light loads.

Comment

I thought the only issued guns to paratroopers were m1 garands , m1 carbines with a folding stock , bolt action rifels , side arms and thompsons , anything other than that had to be sent separately but there were cases were men managed to get 30.cals in and some brought personal weapons it wasn't recommended to jump With really heavy weapons as they already carried lots of gear. But that m1e5 would be epic , never seen one before.
                                Last edited by Debbietack; 21 December, 2011, 11:18. Reason: Add a bit on

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SgtJamie Find out more about SgtJamie
                                Working...
                                X