Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Better gas system and a longer hammer forged barrel with a heavier profile for sustained fire.

Comment

Finally got the barrel painted today and milputted a little more of the front sight. Next step painting the front sight so the milput blends with the sight. Also need to file down and smooth the area down:

Comment

Here is mine...

Almost finished but for a PEQ-15 with laser/torch (the one on there is a battery box - I've been using it like that to check I like the look at that it won't bug me when aiming). Might also get an ACOG - although only if I can find one in that nic dark grey colour rather than black - I love how well the DIS, receiver and army code front sight work with each other, and don't want to spoil that.

L119A1 by Jay 8, on Flickr

I also run it in a CQB format, although I believe the front sight/bayonet lug then become incorrect, so won't bother showing that here.

*Edited for spelling*

Comment

I believe that pic is of the infantry skills week that the regiment run for non infantry soldiers going for selection.
          Also anyone notice that that SFW has a normal M4 birdcage Flash Hider?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
            I believe that pic is of the infantry skills week that the regiment run for non infantry soldiers going for selection.
            Also anyone notice that that SFW has a normal M4 birdcage Flash Hider?
            Up to around 2007/8, the 16" versions did - they then started using vortex in some cases.

Comment

would the regiment have gone over to the vortex?

i have seen test shots at night and they do reduce muzzle flash quite a bit
              Last edited by urban spec-ops; 21 December, 2011, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                It might be my eyes, but those handguards look like the older CAR-15 skinny versions, rather than the obese M4 ones.

I like my carbines nice and simple like that. Very tempted to copy this as my next build.

Comment

The only AR-15 to use the fatter handguards are the M4, M4A1 and the M933 IIRC. Everything else has always had the slimmer XM style handguards. Its the airsoft versions that have lots of fatter HG's because you can get a mini battery in there.

Comment

Its also possible that the picture is from a Para pathfinder course as they tend to use the C8 as well with out the RIS or PEQ2's. As for the effectiveness of the vortex its roughly 30% better at reducing muzzle flash than the bird cage type.

Comment

The image with the Handguards is very old from what I remember. As even in 2001 in Afghan the SBS all had RIS'd SFW's.

Chances are its from the original trials of the weapons system.

Comment

Maybe so but the guys doing the patherfinder course's didn't all the nice stuff to use and the para's aren't SBS no matter how had they try- apologies to any para's

Comment

Finally completed my build. Painting. Check. Milput. Check. Coming in at 336/340 on the chrono and it's nice and accurate with the prommy barrel. I am going to get one of the Tanio Koba rifled inner barrels though.

Comment

Im confused where to get a barrel extenzor
                            sigpic
                            View iTrader Rating Here
                            Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Muddy rifles > other rifles:

You'll have to forgive the mediocre photography, I did my best with the crappy lighting available.

Comment

Protip: You should flip your ACOG-mount. Will get tangled with our sling, if you have a SA80-sling or a three-point. UKSF is also known for doing this.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X