Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Originally posted by Bullit4105 View Post
    My L119a1 project. Based on a Cyma CQBR. Yes I need to change the body and barrel but hope to do that some time in the future.
    Is that the correct flash hider? I am not criticising just asking as I have one too. Would it be the same on the full length L119?

Comment

That is the newer FH seen on their guns yes, both the 10" and 16".

Comment

Sweet. Cheers for that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
          Is that the correct flash hider? I am not criticising just asking as I have one too. Would it be the same on the full length L119?
          It is for the CQB for sure, haven't seen them fitted to the 16.5" barrels. I've been handling both RS ones while away.

Comment

Well, this is a bit modern for me when you consider im an Old School 70s-90s fan when it comes to airsoft & collecting. But as ive been sitting on some of the bits for this for 2 years & with Warlord Tactical releasing L119A1 parts in the last while I figure its time to put it together or just sell all the parts. & since Brit-Kit comes 1st, im better off with this in the long run over M4A1 any day.

Just looking to keep it Old School simple like those seen with the SBS at Qala-i-Jangi, Afghanistan, 2001. I'll maybe pick up an ACOG & another grip or so but that's it. No lights, PEQs, fancy snakey paint jobs & all that jazz. Got enough spare parts to make a 2nd but no donor AEG, so that wont be happening anytime soon.

Parts:

Pro Arms L119A1 Barrel
            G&P Diemaco Stamped Receiver
            G&P Storm Pistol Grip
            G&P KAC Style RAS
            Warlord Tactical L119A1 Reinforced Front Sight
            Warlord Tactical Diemaco Stock Pad
            Warlord Tactical Diemaco Sling Plate
            Genuine KAC Rail Covers
            Genuine Diemaco Detachable Iron Sight (DIS)

& rear wired to deans connectors
            Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Nice and simple, cool.
              The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Just a question for you guys who know what you are doing...

The RIS on my gun isn't rock solid - there is significant movement as it seems to rotate a few degrees in each direction along the axis of the barrel. It leaves it feeling wobbly.

Anyone know why? The barrel is rock solid in the receiver and the front sight is solid too but this annoying twisty RIS thing needs to get fixed but I can't figure out what is wrong!

Oh and I should add that it is a TM recoil in case that makes any difference.
                Last edited by Rich83; 8 March, 2014, 08:32.

Comment

Here is mine now completed.

IMG_20140308_091744.jpg

Again, provide criticisms where relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Z1 appears to shrink the pics sadly so you don't get to take it all in.

Comment

Does both halves spin?
                    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

i thought i would post my new toy up ...
                      i added the afg and peq15
                      is it wrong to add a ctr stock ?

1959954_10153836554350408_772488095_n.jpg

Comment

Just a question for you guys who know what you are doing...

The RIS on my gun isn't rock solid - there is significant movement as it seems to rotate a few degrees in each direction along the axis of the barrel. It leaves it feeling wobbly.

Anyone know why? The barrel is rock solid in the receiver and the front sight is solid too but this annoying twisty RIS thing needs to get fixed but I can't figure out what is wrong!

I have the same issue with my Cyma. Solid barrel fitment but the RIS wobbles . No one wants a wobble RIS.

Comment

• Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Maybe it will solve the problem with RAS as it did for me... simple solution - there are holes with threads on each side of the RAS foregrip. To prevent wobling i simply cut "head" of screw, make a line with saw (on the side where "head" of the screw was cut off) and on each side of RAS i mount screws till it reach the outer barrel. For me 4 screws, 1 on each side of RAS worked and its rock-solid now. ;-) hope it helps

Comment

How are you going to get the carry handle marked with the 'D'?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Thor_Nogson View Post
                            This is my L119A1, the base was on a WE GBBR, only thing missing obviously is the storm grip, although feedback for other ideas would be much appreciated.

I have also sourced a carry handle and barrel extension for an SFW project, pictures hopefully to follow once I have the carry handle marked properly with the Diemaco 'D'.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107658[/ATTACH]
                            How will you get the carry handle marked with the 'D'?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thomas_zee View Post
                              Maybe it will solve the problem with RAS as it did for me... simple solution - there are holes with threads on each side of the RAS foregrip. To prevent wobling i simply cut "head" of screw, make a line with saw (on the side where "head" of the screw was cut off) and on each side of RAS i mount screws till it reach the outer barrel. For me 4 screws, 1 on each side of RAS worked and its rock-solid now. ;-) hope it helps

I.e to make your own grub screws?
                              Last edited by Bullit4105; 10 March, 2014, 17:48.

Comment

That does make a difference. The TM's crappy delta ring assembly is probably to blame. Check 'barrel nut' - i.e. the setscrew - is tight (don't overtighten it) and that the barrel base isn't deformed; it's a soft pot-metal part and known for being squashed if the gun is dropped or leant heavily upon. If that all looks OK - and if the barrel's tight and not bent it sounds like it is - check that the RAS is sitting in the fake barrel nut properly and that the 'fork' lock at the rear is tight.

Also, I highly recommend not drilling holes through your RIS and putting set-screws through it to push it off the upper barrel, like thomas_zee did; that just stresses the RIS and mars the barrel's surface finish. If you can't get it to work, sell the TM RIS (it's undersize anyway) and get a better-quality replacement.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X