1911s + Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

Here we have the finest RIF that TM have ever made...

HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

• Same set up as I have Devlin!

Comment

Which metal kit are you running on your 1911 Devlin?
        sigpic

Comment

• It's not a metal kit, it's the finish of the plastic

Comment

Really?

I have a stock TM 1911, and it does not look as nice as that. Its just flat grey plastic
            sigpic

Comment

Different model though mate, this is the new TM Series 70 and the plastic has an amazingly convincing blue grain effect and it kicks harder than the old 1911a1 or MEU.
              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Ahh, i see.

Looks incredible
                sigpic

Comment

Bell M1911 MEU
                  Just finished spraying it, I'm not 100% happy with it, but I think it looks okay for a first attempt.

Comment

Good first attempt but did you strip it down and spray the parts individually or did you spray it with the slide off?
                    Also, what paint did you use? Looks too thick and glossy IMHO.

Don't mean to sh*t on your efforts dude, just trying to provide constructive criticism.

Comment

I used some generic gray paint, and yeah I did strip it down and spray the parts individually. That picture was taken before it was completely dry (before 4 hours or something like that), it has a bit more of a matte finish now seeing as it has completely dried.
                      Still, I do agree that it is a bit thick. I have sprayed a number of things now (Helmet, holster, parts for my M4 etc), so I have got better at it. I was pretty impatient with the spraying and stuff, so it was a bit thick.

I plan on sanding that coat off, and re painting it light woodland green to match my helmet and stuff.
                      But thanks for the feedback dude.

Oh yeah, and that little bit on the mag release screw is a bit of tape I forgot to remove.
                      Last edited by Whittle; 22 June, 2012, 17:28. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

You completely disassembled it and sprayed it? Looks very much like its been sprayed as a complete lower to me! Do you mean you took the grips off and sprayed them separately? If you did take it down completely why on earth did you put it back together before it was properly dry?! And what paint takes 4 hours to dry?!

Comment

I dunno why I did really, like I said, I was pretty impatient... It seems that painting things is the only thing I get impatient with for some reason.
                          Some crappy spray paint, slight exaggeration I guess, it seems like 4 hours as apposed to the 10 minutes of Krylon.
                          It's all good though, I'm gonna re-do it tomorrow, and take my time. If it isn't still chucking it down outside...

Comment

So I said to myself, a few more mags cant hurt...

Oops

Comment

Yes a "few" can't hurt ... Do you carry them with at the games?

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
                                Yes a "few" can't hurt ... Do you carry them with at the games?

Wolf
                                I have several US WW2 1911 mag pouches and plan on just playing with a pistol next game - see how that goes

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X