• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

Yum

Comment

I've just finished and a V10 build...

All I need is a metal silver compact frame...

And some photo's with the Tommy Franks

P.S. I installed a Creation V10 chamber on the V10 and I admit it was the hardest one part only fitment I've done! I've installed quite a few steel chambers (mostly Shooters Design and Prime) but this needed sanding almost everywhere!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Got bored of the Punisher Compensator and the Ambi. Safeties broke off when the gun was "tactically ejected" (read: dropped), so the standard Safety went back on after a rub down.
        Also found out my Supressor Adapter fitted this so....

Comment

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hay730/guns/fm1911.jpg for full size.

Hurricane Kimber FDE Desert Warrior,
          Hurricane Kimber TLE2,
          Nova Kimber custom with Hogue flame grips,
          PGC 1911 Military with Cocobolo colt grips,
          RWC Custom Nighthawk GRP with custom grips,
          Nova Springfield LDC Operator with Springfield cross cannon grips,

and my cheapy tercel, still love it :D

Comment

Detonics Combat Master with home made compensator and extra markings. I still need to fabricate a new front sight and smooth out the action. Works well though.

Comment

Thats very nice mate! Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                Thats very nice mate! Good work!
                Thank you! It's a bit rough but certainly one-of-a-kind.

Comment

I think it looks fantastic!! Half tempted to steal your idea now im afraid!! Im very impressed!

Comment

Makes me want to get some custom laser etching on my own Detonics now....

My newest acquisition, a TM Detonics in an Army metal body with chromed slide. Love it to death.

Comment

That looks very smart. Finished the fiber optic front sight on mine and it works nicely.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Do you think think a similiar job with the compensator and fibre optic sight is possible with with a metal slide? Would you do a similiar job to my own? For money of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
                          That looks awesome!

Do you think think a similiar job with the compensator and fibre optic sight is possible with with a metal slide? Would you do a similiar job to my own? For money of course!
                          Hm I'm not sure really. It'd be very hard to build a compensator onto a metal barrel, as I use laser cut acrylic and poly-Cement to hold it in place to the plastic. As for the slide, I'm sure my freind's milling machine I use could do it without too much of a problem, although I'm not very good on it and would only attempt working on something that's not worth much money. In this case, I bought a spare Detonics for a small amount so felt ok about milling it up!

Comment

Hmm okay mate cheers!

Im actually considering buying a Shooters Design Modern Detonics metal slide....so I may soon have a spare metal slide for you to experiment on.

Has anyone got any experience with Shooters Design slides? This is the first pistol Ive ever looked into upgrading so Ive got no experience whatsoever!

Comment

I bought a Guarder kit for my 1st Combat Master a few years back, and it was crap. Needed lots of fitting, the finish was grainy and it was made cheaply by the looks of it. The SD ones have a much better reputation, and are meant to be a drop fit. Plus they come with a separate front sight that looks cool and have better trades.

I've been talking about the idea of custom GBB parts with my son and we might actually get a small workshop together and modify TM original slides and frames. I don't know how much interest we'd get, but we could sell pre-modified TM parts with compensators, upgraded sights ect. to be installed into existing guns. If we get a laser cutter we could do engravings too. I might look into this as a real business opportunity.

Comment

Sounds like something that people would go for....I know I certainly would!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X