1911s + Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

Does anyone know if a 1911 under rail for torches and lasers and such will fit on a Detonics?

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
      Does anyone know if a 1911 under rail for torches and lasers and such will fit on a Detonics?
      The trigger guard is identical to a normal 1911, so should fit, but as the dustcover is shorter you may find it pokes out beyond the muzzle. If I do create this workshop, one job I will do is shorten TM Night Warrior 1911 rails to fit onto Detonics pistols.

Comment

Alright, cheers mate

Comment

Here is my KJW 1911 (CO2) gun. Externally it's almost immaculate, however internally I have upgraded a few parts. The gun is now sporting a Laylax Nine-Ball piston head, full Guarder %150 spring set and a pair of AirsoftSurgeon high-flow valves on the mags. I am going to be adding a MadBull 6.03mm in the coming days...
          The pics:

She's my baby <3
          I am, but a newb

Comment

Just ordered a set of lovely genuine rosewood grips for my Detonics, so will update with a pic when they arrive . Lets hope they fit okay!

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
              Hmm okay mate cheers!

Im actually considering buying a Shooters Design Modern Detonics metal slide....so I may soon have a spare metal slide for you to experiment on.

Has anyone got any experience with Shooters Design slides? This is the first pistol Ive ever looked into upgrading so Ive got no experience whatsoever!
              Used to get a SD metal slide for TM 5.1 Hi-Capa, just a little bit work of sanding the rails inside the slide and the lower frame to make the pistol run smoothly. Apart from that, there is no other fitting need to do.

Comment

Just got an under ris rail for my Detonics. Fits nicely.

Ill do a nicer pic when the Shooters Design slide and rosewood grips get here. Managed to get the last modern slide stocked at a huge asian retailer!

Comment

Looks great! Here's my other Detonics with a TM Strike Warrior slide (and my new Automag):

Comment

Very nice! I had no idea that the Strike Warriors had a detonics length slide. Guess the compensators make it look bigger.

Tried actually putting the compensator on there? Would look different to say the least :P.

I must admit Ive fallen in love with the detonics...I know theyre far from everyones taste, but now I just love the idea of a .45 pistol in such a small frame!

Comment

The comp is built into the 4.3 length 1911 frame on the Strike Warrior, so you can't attach it on its own :c Yeah me too, I love subcompacts, if only more companies made them. I'd like a Glock 36 to go with the Detonics - both 6+1 .45 subcompacts, but 30 years apart in design. It's nice to see WE are making an XDM 3.8 compact though, and it's modeled after the .45 ACP version too.

Comment

I'd never even heard of a Glock 36 before you mentione it. Just had a look now. Like it alot!

Comment

Another massive Detonics fan here - Been using the same one for around 4 years now, without fail. Loving the pics, keep them coming.

EDIT: I'll get one of mine up at some point, even though it's 100% stock hah, but what the hell....
                          Last edited by Intervention; 20 September, 2012, 22:49.

Comment

Detonator V12 on TM 1911.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Just had my order for my atamont rosewood grips cancelled . Guess the price was too good to be true.

I may just spray the brown grips on mine to a nice granite colour...that way I get a nice tacticalness but still get to keep the weighted grips.

Just ordered a torch for mine also

Comment

Prime Kimber Raptor

Prime Kimber Raptor 2T

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                                WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X