Sig sauer p226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sig sauer p226

If it's still got the plastic frame, real steel grips won't fit without a lot of modification

If it's got a metal kit, there's less modification needed, but you still need to do some.

EDIT: But it looks really nice with that suppressor on it, does it get in the way of the sights at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
      If it's still got the plastic frame, real steel grips won't fit without a lot of modification

If it's got a metal kit, there's less modification needed, but you still need to do some.

EDIT: But it looks really nice with that suppressor on it, does it get in the way of the sights at all?
      Thanks for the heads up - it still has the original plastic body (having had bad experience with full metal guns in the past - though I am considering the 'Navy' frame conversion, the others in this thread with that kit fitted look gorgeous)...

As far as the suppressor goes - it does ride about as high as the sights (if not a little higher), but as the P226 uses those white-dot iron sights it's never been an issue for me!
      "... But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

W.B. Yeats

Comment

KSC P226R

Comment

finally after hours of work i managed to get my metal slide to fit properly and function fine
          not sure on the make but have been told it could be a ksc?
          also recently fitted a tk twist barrel, nineball gas routers and a nineball hop rubber and it shoots like a dream :D
          just trying to work out how to install my 150% hammer spring and have got a new 150% recoil spring in the post :D

Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

I would say that the slide is guarder.

Comment

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
              finally after hours of work i managed to get my metal slide to fit properly and function fine
              not sure on the make but have been told it could be a ksc?
              also recently fitted a tk twist barrel, nineball gas routers and a nineball hop rubber and it shoots like a dream :D
              just trying to work out how to install my 150% hammer spring and have got a new 150% recoil spring in the post :D
              only point of fitting a harder hammer spring in a gbb pistol is if its not opening the valve properly/light striking. The only other thing they do is hinder the cycle of your gbb as it takes more power force back the slide to cock the hammer .Meaning the the gun will not cycle at low tempratures sooner than one with a standard spring. I wouldn't bother tbh .And even if you do have a light striking problem just shim the regular spring to increase the pressure.

Comment

I thought I would post a picture of my new (as yet undelivered by Santa but found in the cupboard) TM 226

Comment

I'm very tempted to get a new set of grips for my sig, I was looking at the Silverback Laser Grips can anyone recommend them?

Comment

Pic of mine:

Comment

Looking good Sam.

Grips wise, I have two sigs, both TM one metal bodied/upgraded for summer and the cool factor, one stock TM for winter. I recently got the Silverback grips for the one 'in season' and I haven't been impressed. They don't feel particulary secure and there are a few gaps around the edges, and one keeps pulling a screw from the pistol grip of the gun. Might just be my set, but I am about to switch back to standard grips on both, since until/if I get a crimson trace set is just seems the most comfortable option that looks best.

Comment

I think I may stick with the stock grips on mine, just sanded them down a little and they feel much better for me. Any idea of where to get RS grips? I've done a google search but come up empty.

Comment

Comment

Dam you, i have to wait until tomorrow for mine to arrive!

Comment

Why oh why has my engine decided to munch its main bearings! Im wanting one of these now!
                              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Inokatsu P226, awaiting a front sight and trigger sear pin and then delivery. CNC-milled stainless-steel slide, CNC-milled steel barrel, takedown lever, trigger, magazine catch and catch backing plate, and hammer, and CNC-milled aluminium frame. The first P226 ever to accurately replicate the real thing in that sense and as far as I know the first stainless-steel slide in airsoft - watch this for a bit more info if you're interested. This gun is awaiting shipping, so if you can see something wrong, let me know!

Inokatsu P226 01 by Pure_Silver, on Flickr

Inokatsu P226 02 by Pure_Silver, on Flickr

Inokatsu P226 03 by Pure_Silver, on Flickr

I'm going to add;
                                1. An underbarrel torch/laser. Thinking either the Streamlight TLS-1, or the Insight M3/M3X. Any recommendations?
                                2. Night sights. Thinking either SIG's OEM (Meprolight) Tru Dot Night Sights or Trijicon's HD Night Sights or Bright & Tough Night Sights. Again, any recommendations? Is it going to be hard to get these sights to fit the slide?
                                3. Grips. Torn between a factory E2 grip kit or a set of aluminium Hogues (pic attached). I'll have to wait and see what's under the existing grips in terms of mainspring seat before I can look any further at that.
                                4. Threaded barrel - waiting for Inokatsu to get back to me on which ones they recommend - and a decent 9MM suppressor. Thinking probably Madbull's licensed Gemtech Trinity, unless you guys don't recommend it?
                                5. Modified magazines. Red gas is an environmental catastrophe so we'll see about modifying the gun to shoot CO2. Will probably get a 6.03/01 tightbore at the same time to increase the gas efficiency - aiming for a site-friendly <330fps since this will be my main secondary.
                                6. Maybe, if the paint (I think it's paint) on the slide and steel parts wears, the OEM Diamond-Like-Coating (SIG calls it 'Nitron') that's applied at the factory.

The gun's 1 of 100, and I think the serial on mine tells me which it is (if so, it's a nice round number). What do you guys reckon?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by PureSilver; 22 March, 2012, 11:55.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X