Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

Thought Id take a pic of my new LCT AKMS(courtesy of Clot) in the snow. Equipped with real steel bakelite mags(gutted, obviously), an RS Belarussian FOT-2c torch, and one LCT magwell extension(cant have both on as then stock wont fold!).

Comment

Kalashnikovs just look so much better in the snow...

Comment

Originally posted by mad.matt View Post

Nice work.
        I'm sure the AK purists won't like it but I think it looks pretty damn good.

Comment

Thanks matey

I think the general feel of it might rattle the AK Purists a bit - AK made much shorter with rails/foregrip/camo etc, but I'm certainly damn proud of the finished product.

I'm pleasantly surprised about how well recieved it has been, though it would be detested by most :p

Now, run it into the ground and then rebuild the internals to bomb proof spec and stroke it softly :D

Comment

Looking for a quick bit of info here.

Anyone know of any real steel AK74su's out there that are chambered to 7.62? Im looking at getting one but as I already own a n AKMS, I have loads of 47 style mags but no 74 style mags!

Done a quick bit of research and all I can find is a reference to a Bulgarian 7.62 chambered AK74SU, but Im not sure how legit it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Oo CARMINE oO View Post
              Nice work.
              I'm sure the AK purists won't like it but I think it looks pretty damn good.
              It doesn't matter WHAT the AK purists think. I've got both railed and non railed AK's of various types/makes. The fact remains that it is not a million miles from what is being used right now in the real world.
              Picture 152.jpg
              (The sort of thing being fielded around the world at the moment).
              The fact is time and technology HAS moved on . Deal with it chaps.

Comment

Now that RS AK is sexy.... (shall be taking the step to tacticool AK to go with "traditional" when I get more dolla me thinks.)

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

My contribution to the thread. WE AKS74UN Gas Blowback:

Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                    Looking for a quick bit of info here.

Anyone know of any real steel AK74su's out there that are chambered to 7.62? Im looking at getting one but as I already own a n AKMS, I have loads of 47 style mags but no 74 style mags!

Done a quick bit of research and all I can find is a reference to a Bulgarian 7.62 chambered AK74SU, but Im not sure how legit it is!
                    I did some research on this a while back and found that there is supposed to be a conversion kit that was made for the AKs74U (not sure if it was based on a few AKM parts or an AKMS with a different stock and front end, no idea) but there are a couple of pics on tinternet of some members of an anti terrorist group using what most definitely looks like AKs74U's with 7.62 mags attached, the caption mentioned them trialling it out.
                    Apparently, 7.62mm is pretty good for breaching hijacked planes when you have to fire through cover (seats/bulkheads/fuselage/doors etc).
                    That is as far as I got- couldn't find anything else on it, but I'd say using the mags is definitely acceptable as there's not much that's impossible in the world of AK!
                    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

This makes me feel much better about ordering some WE AK PMC 7.62 mags to use in my 74UN alongside the Bakerlite ones I already have.
                      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by 0880yorkie View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]77106[/ATTACH]
                        That's the very same front rail I have Only mine was "customised"....

Comment

Now what interests me about that AK is the sight rail! I would love to know what its called (if it has a specific name) and if you can get an airsoft equivalent? The side mount impacts the my rifles folding ability.
                          Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShocked View Post
                            Now what interests me about that AK is the sight rail! I would love to know what its called (if it has a specific name) and if you can get an airsoft equivalent? The side mount impacts the my rifles folding ability.
                            I believe for real guns it's called an Ultimak rail and I'm 99% sure Cyma do one.

Comment

I am not sure that is the one I am taking about from the pictures of the Ultimak. The rail I am talking about from that picture seems wrap around the receiver.
                              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Ah, that's the X47 rail, my mistake.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X