Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

It's the Ares one.
    The Gearbox and electrics are very good.

Finding mags was the hardest part, I actually contacted FB radom to get some retailer details.
    I now have fourteen mid caps with ten fitting into my warrior kit.

R

Comment

Damn, thats quite a few.
      I was close to buying the Ares Beryl but.. but its Ares.. How long have you had it for, and hows it been doing?
      I'm currently selling a few things and planning to buy an LCT AKMS and get some polish original akms wood grips for it, maybe a rs folding stock too. However, i wouldnt mind taking the Beryl into consideration - although LCT vs Ares is pretty much a no brainer.

Comment

You're right re LCT Vs Ares.

It's due to the opportunity I had to get the Beryl as it's a wee bit unusual on the field "nice AK"
        Until I tell them that the selector is actually the safety.

I've had this rifle out now for six months and it's been marvellous.
        The gearbox has not missed a trick and the stock, build etc has been first class.

I'm at the stage where I've put over 5k of bs through it so I'll be taking the hop rubber out.

In all honesty I haven't missed the opportunity to fix sights but I'd still like to have the choice.

And thanks for the Allegro - no luck yet.

I had been quote £144 for the top and front RIS set. I think I'll shop around!!

R

Comment

Yeah, the Beryl is a sweet looking rifle.
          I'll see if i can find one around, but i'm still looking mroe at the Lct.

And yeah, the ris sets are rather expensive if you can find them - quite often you can see beryl's with standard abs handgrips which have just ris rails screwed onto them. Thats quite popular, and you can get rs beryl grips on allegro for about 50zl, which is just over a tenner.

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking....

R

Comment

• I've just got an LCT ak104, and the metal work is fantastic. The plastic though feels really cheap. So I'll be ordering wood lower front grip, and pistol grip, and the steel vented front grip upper it. Still, I'll be typing up a full review of it in the next week or so.

Anyway here's a pic of it now. :-)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Bout time I added one of mine to a pic thread.
                Cyma ak47 with a few changes. Awaiting an eotech to replace the red dot.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

The bigger they are, the harder they fall but the more it hurts when they land on you!

Comment

Technically a Kalashnikov seeing as it was designed by the man himself.

Pre-modifications.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamarov View Post
                    Technically a Kalashnikov seeing as it was designed by the man himself.

Pre-modifications.

[img][/img]
                    Ooh how does it perform? Been thinking about getting one

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                      Ooh how does it perform? Been thinking about getting one
                      +1 Have you downgraded it? Heard they're @ 400fps.

A review would be nice if you get bored? Would like to know if RS wood stock and carry handle fits!
                      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

me too would like to know about performance
                        After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

RS stocks and handles fit with a little bit of modification. I'd post the whole process, but it's on a different forum, which Zeroin have also struck down people for mentioning despite it not being a retailer.

I haven't downgraded it yet as I'm waiting on a bro to give me the chrono so I can. Thankfully, it's only 2 screws to remove the gearbox (and barrel, which is easy to do) and it has a quick-change spring. Something tells me the retailer I got this from who claims to downgrade these to 340fps standard is bullshitting.

It also comes with a "mosfet" that you can use to change your rate of fire and drain your battery even faster. This is pointless, so I'll just remove it and bypass it (thankfully a bypass connector is included to do just that)

When I test fired it, the auto-wind on the mag worked really well, gun fired without missing a beat. Can't really say anything negative. Just waiting on the needed parts to arrive.

Upon getting one of these it is essential to:

- Remove gearbox and give it a decent clean to get rid of all of the Chinese snot-grease.

- Re-shim the gears so they don't rub against the gearbox internals.

- Shave down the first tooth behind the air nozzle.

- Check your airseal and make sure it works.

Pretty much standard A&K support gun checks.

The manual, unlike for most guns, is actually REALLY FUCKING HELPFUL! :D

Planning on making a few mods to fix niggling issues with the gun that honestly shouldn't really be there for going around 500gbp in the UK (that's over 200gbp of Markup as compared to Hong Kong sites), but otherwise, it's impressive.

Niggling issues:

-Potmetal bipod that wobbles (can be fixed by removing it, sticking tape or a strip of coke-can metal around it)

-Pretty hard to properly hold a belt of deact ammo (can be fixed with a drill and some metal pins or cable ties)

-Furniture is polymer (needs to be wood or a proper Petcheneg shape)

-Hungarian markings (filing them off and painting over the gaps)

-Loose carry handle (tape or coke can to thicken it)

And that's it.

I'm a really happy man.

P.S. for the super-thread that goes into detail on how to get these as close to perfection as possible, installing wood kits, deactivated rounds, and other essentials, look on the alliance forum that has "Red" in the name. Just search for "PKM" and select anything to do with A&K, you'll find it.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

I would love to post pics of my ak's, but I don't seem to be able to upload any pictures into my album. I'm using an I pad, does that make a difference ? Any advice peeps ?

Cheers from
                            Al

Comment

Oh my, Kamarov, that is B-E-A-U-tiful!
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

PKM + fusion engine = ultimate support weapon

I'd prefer to walk around with a DShK on a sling though, that's just the ultimate in Soviet bear mode destruction.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X