Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

Originally posted by dadio View Post
    its magnetic in all area's except inside the front of the receiver ,the rear sight block and barrel , i've cold blued ,oil quenched, and ally blacked loads of my stuff so i have little fear of making mistakes , it's the time consuming hard work that i'm not looking forward to.
    But in the end you get a beautiful finish and that lovely smell of the blued metal that most airsoft companies don't do.

Comment

Thanks guys! It performs great too.
      Bluing is worth the graft on any Eastern Bloc stuff. Going the extra mile really keeps things interesting. To me at least; black and fresh AKs just don't look right. I'm kicking the crap out of my G&G 74 as we speak. Sandpaper, acetone, hard and soft brushes and then the bluing compound.
      And after all that, I'll just drag it through the dirt.

Comment

Just bought a Real Sword SVD. Ill get a pic up when it arrives!

Comment

Here's my VFC AIMS. It's one hell of a practical but pretty AEG. It originally comes with a quality wood finish, but it was a tad orange for my taste. I know the actual Romanian AIMS comes with this colour furniture, but they're also manufactured in darker or even cherry wood stains.
          I took it all apart, rough sanded the wood back to the bone and then treated it with mineral oil and fine grit sandpaper. I then stained it a much darker walnut colour before adding a thin coat of satin varnish. Once the varnish cured I brushed raised/heavily touched areas with a polishing stone to give it a utilitarian appearance.

The steel was mauled with acetone and very fine sandpaper.
          For better use without gloves, the pistol grip and mags were wrapped in scapa tape. I love the PBS-1 and thought this was a perfect gun to make use of a longer TBB with.
          Like all my AKs I attached a 50's soviet sling.

Comment

Real Sword Type 56-2

Anyone noticed the face before?!

Comment

Getting my GHK AKM gas blowback ready for some cold bluing. I'm going for the the same uneven factory standard you find on the cheaper, un-parkerized AK's, so I left some black in the recesses to meld together with the blue. Rough and ready as always.
              AKs are usually hot blued but I don't like messing with hot salts. I've gotten similar results from old fashioned patience and liquid solutions.

Fitted with Samoon heavy recoil kit and adjustable velocity nozzle, from 350 to 500fps with a few turns of a hex key.
              Once it's apart and blued, I'll crack it back together and fit a real bakelite grip to it... instead of the measly standard GHK grip. Seriously it's like holding a freakin' lolly stick, but the gun itself is awesome.

Comment

My Real Sword collection to date.

RS SVD
                RS Type 56
                RS Type 56-1

In a world of compromise, some don't

Comment

So yeah....OD....

> Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

• Damn...

Comment

Crappy phone picture. But I done a T1 too. My AK isn't as nice though... The grip is being changed for a standard black AK74 grip.
                      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The pride of my collection, Inokatsu RPK

Comment

That RPK looks awesome.
                          Never seen one before.
                          In a world of compromise, some don't

Comment

guys, finaly, after 3 years of hunting I managed tobuy a tantal muzzle break hence tantal wz 88 is comming soon
                            i will try to make it onec i come back from holiday

Comment

Originally posted by irish1759 View Post
                              Here is my BO AKM.13
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]89056[/ATTACH]
                              Whos BO AKM 13? thanks so much Irish, i took it to the NAE and it was ace!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know many other people that use BO AKMs! Do you know how many came to the UK? Including yours and mine?

Comment

Originally posted by tomdrews View Post
                                Whos BO AKM 13? thanks so much Irish, i took it to the NAE and it was ace!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know many other people that use BO AKMs! Do you know how many came to the UK? Including yours and mine?
                                Looks good, whats it like to shot, I never got around to firing it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X