• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Better than LCT?
    Don't want to descend into Manufacturer-Based worship and dick-swinging, but I think it is. Here are my thoughts.

The LCT I've owned was disappointing. The charging handle broke (not just on mine) from simply adjusting the hop, so I'm not fond of the design where it's held on by two of the tiniest welds in history. Performance I found highly sub-par out of the box than even my Cyma clone.

Build-wise, the VFC has some tiny issues such as a too-easy to move fire selector (fixable by tightening the screw), and the gearbox moving half a mm inside the frame (also an issue on CYMA clones and other AEG's based on the VFC system). Those are the only two niggles as opposed to the problems I've had with LCT as well as my friends have had, especially with the seemingly solid LCT folding stock (theirs tended to fold when it wanted to, although admittedly I never had that happen).

Performance-wise, maybe because it's the tunnel-vision of getting a new AEG, but I find the VFC better. The grouping is far tighter out of the box and the RoF on a 7.4 li-po is crazy. Trigger response is also fantastic, and you don't need to leave the pistol-grip wobbly so the motor doesn't sound like it's shredding itself.

The bolt, oh my God, the bolt, it's everything I dreamed of. And it's steel, so unlike a clone's pot-metal one that will snap (mine did after 3 years), I think the VFC's won't break or at least last through three times more abuse before it finally goes. As a person who grew up around AK's of all shapes and sizes, I have to say the attention to detail, finish, and construction of the VFC brings it closer to a real AK-74 much like a Real Sword brings you closer to a real Type 56 (with slight differences because of the airsoft construction).

Would also like to add that the VFC construction adds far more compatibility of real AK parts, which as a fan of slapping on real AK parts I got from the gun shop across the street, I have to say I never did less modifying to get a part to fit than before I got this AEG. Once I get money, I will start putting Zenit parts on it.

These are just the first impressions I've got, but so far the VFC seems like the mythical airsoft AK-God that I've been hearing about for the past 5 years.

Chances are high that I will do a video review sometime soon in more detail.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Agree with you Kamarov! I have VFC the quality pretty good.

Comment

Now for plums
        Handguards and mag are RS conversions, got some real plum mags somewhere as well. Plum bayonet is real as well

And genuine wear....and rust (lol)

Drop in marui EBB gearbox when?

Comment

That is a nice looking AK

Comment

Originally posted by Kamarov View Post
            For fans of Kalashnikovs, I have an announcement from the aforementioned meeting with Zenit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAnbkaXHLes

Their director said he liked the idea, got the measurements of my LCT AK-74M AEG, asked me to write down the most popular models of AK in airsoft (I wrote LCT LK-74M series and Cyma CM040C [Cyma will be compatible with VFC also]), and said that he will purchase the models to test their parts on later.

This isn't 100% for sure, but it's entirely possible that they will produce airsoft models. The director already explained how he can make the stock easily fit onto an airsoft AEG in a factory-grade standard. :D

We asked for a preliminary number of parts they make that people seemed interested in (we'll explore the possibility of other parts such as for the PKM and RPK later, milling and design comes for the base AK models first), and if it's possible, they'll make a few to test with airsoft AEG's.

The bad news is...I may have gone a bit insane with my AK mods...

Kamarov, have you heard any more on this?

Comment

I'm sure on Zenits Facebook page they were talking about production of a PTS lineup of products

Comment

What internals did you end up using for the 74 conversion, Fin? G&P?
                I bought Cyma thinking they would fit and they're too long :'(

Comment

The undisputed king of Kalashnikovs, if not for it's beautiful design then simply for it's down right stupid fire power.

I finally got round to completing the PKM build, all that I now need to do is drill a hole in the stock for the macro line. The Polar Star engine really does make this thing a lot of fun.

Comment

Although not an AK, it is a Kalashnikov

Comment

ConfusedAK.com

Comment

Is that ris on straight? Looks to be pointing upwards slightly to me!

Comment

Looking at the picture it does doesn't it. So much so I just had to check. But no it is straight. Must just be the angle of the photo and my terrible camera skills
                          Last edited by skippyasi; 5 April, 2014, 23:42. Reason: Missing words

Comment

Originally posted by skippyasi View Post
                            Looking at the picture it does doesn't it. So much so I just had to check. But no it is straight. Must just be the angle of the photo and my terrible camera skills
                            Ah fair enough. Well, kudos for being original. Not my thing, but at least you've got enough rail space now!

Comment

Cleaned my PKM up and added some inert rounds to it. Trying to keep it looking standard, no rails, grips etc! Just need a few more RS parts and it's done.

Comment

Better pics when it's not dark if anyone is interested... Newest addition to my collection. It's a VFC AKS-74 (I believe? Will happily be corrected though!)

(Jesus... Just realised how poor my phone camera is when it comes to taking photos in the dark... That'll get sorted ASAP!)
                                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X