Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

Not strictly a Kalashnikov weapon but this is the only suitable thread for close approximates. Posting these on behalf of a good friend in Texas. LCT/Polar Star AS VAL!

Comment

I might have a small pang of jealousy right now.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Aaaah I was so close to buying a VAL! Ended up going for one of the newest G&G AK74s. Hope I don't regret it!

Comment

Love this thread, some brutal looking AKs. Here's my Real Sword Type 56-2:

Firing 340FPS with a Promethius inner barrel, King Arms GP-30 nade launcher, railed gas tube + aimpoint.

She is a bit 'busy' + very heavy but attachments are all quick release, mission dependent and all that.

Keep the AKs coming guys....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Trouble; 26 July, 2014, 09:10.
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Has anyone had a go with the WeBirsk PKO scopes yet? They look like a nice alternative to genuine Russian optics, but at £100 still I don't want to fork out for one if theyre crap!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
              not strictly a kalashnikov weapon but this is the only suitable thread for close approximates. Posting these on behalf of a good friend in texas. Lct/polar star as val!

hnnnnnnnnnng

Comment

Got a DBoys AK 74 and wanna refinish the wood
                Anyone give me some tips or know of a how to ?
                Never attempted anything like this and am a little nervous LOL
                The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfen View Post
                  Got a DBoys AK 74 and wanna refinish the wood
                  Anyone give me some tips or know of a how to ?
                  Never attempted anything like this and am a little nervous LOL
                  Very easy indeed, i'll summarise it for you:
                  1. Use nitromors to remove the current finish (you may have to apply it multiple times).
                  2. Once it's stripped down to bare wood, sand it with 100 grit paper going along the grain until you're happy with the look of the wood (use this for removing any imperfections as well).
                  3. Then use some 220 grit all over the stock, once again along the grain. Just make sure not to remove too much wood from areas that are in contact with metal from the receiver or with the stock butt plate.
                  4. You'll want a pre-stain, a coloured stain of your choice and ideally something similar to MinWax's Wipe on Poly (Rust Oleum Clear Sealer from B&Q is cheaper, you can also get it in matte making step 6 not needed).
                  5. With regards to coats, one pre-stain coat, then as many coats as you think is right for the stain and roughly 4-5 coats of wipe on poly.
                  6. Once each coat of wipe on poly has dried, use some iron wool and buff the wood so it's not stupidly shiny.

If you need more info then shoot me a PM.

Comment

In addition to this, follow up with a good soaking in Linseed oil

Just make sure the rags are either burned there and then or disposed of safely - spontaneous combustion risk apparently!

Comment

Slight problem some of the metal parts don't readily separate fron the wood
                      The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Pardon the cell phone pictures.

Finally picked up my hopes and dreams all neatly packed up in a cardboard box.

Hell yes.

My fingers hurt just from ejecting the mag. I don't think I've held anything this solid that happens to be an airsoft AEG yet. There's nothing the magnet doesn't stick to.

Quick-change spring is a great touch, too.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamarov View Post
                          My fingers hurt just from ejecting the mag.
                          I can't imagine it's the only thing that hurts after paying for an NPO!

Also, thought it was about time that I put some pics up of my AKS74U with Zenit bits.
                          Being LCT, the bloody charging handle has broken :/

I'll follow it up later with a Zenit rear sight rail for my Aimpoint, Asura Dynamics PT1 stock (not paying that much for a genuine Zenit one just to cut a massive chunk out it), PK3 Replica Grip and some internal mods

Comment

Three months of working in the restaurant industry, enduring emotional abuse, less than minimum wage, physical pain, and lying management.

I deserved this. And I also got a new job, and still retained my pride, so I got that going for me.

(also cheaper if you buy these in Russia)

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Kamarov - Very nice buddy! Well deserved by the sounds of it.

Comment

Also, Matt, if you bought those Zenit parts from Russia, chances are I indirectly sold them to you.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X