Hi.Capa's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi.Capa's

Not sure about the front end, it looks similar, might be worth PMing the owner. There is a wealth of upgrades available and Im sure any of us here would be happy to help anyway we can, Boo Sabum knows a good chunk about them and Im getting there fast.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks Sean, I take it the normal rail on the 5.1 comes with the gun? What I'm after eventually would be a hi capa with the 7" barrel but I'm in no rush to do the upgrade, as long as it can be done that's the main thing. (Just seen the other thread so that's a tick for the extended barrel :-) ) The TM looks by far the best gun to use as a base. Are the 5.1's metal bodies? That's the only thing that puts me of the TMs is the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
        Thanks Sean, I take it the normal rail on the 5.1 comes with the gun? What I'm after eventually would be a hi capa with the 7" barrel but I'm in no rush to do the upgrade, as long as it can be done that's the main thing. (Just seen the other thread so that's a tick for the extended barrel :-) ) The TM looks by far the best gun to use as a base. Are the 5.1's metal bodies? That's the only thing that puts me of the TMs is the plastic.
        Yes the Rail will come with the gun in the box, but it is not the best of quality when stuck on the gun. With mine, the screws were not long enough to actually hold the rail on properly, and it fell off. On more than one occasion! Sadly, the WE lower frame and the TM 4.3 are better, having built in rails.

Dont worry about it being plastic. Its not dissapointing. Its not super light, and doesnt feel like plastic to the touch. Heck, when I first got mine, and didnt really know anything about it, I thought it was metal! As you can see in the pictures as well, the plastic slide doesnt look cheap. It does also provide a much faster cycling speed, which is better for when you want to double tap 2 people in quick succession!

the 7" barrel is a bit of a tricky one. Are you planning on having it extend past the nine ball front kit? This may cause you a few problems. The first being the inner barrel, which is designed to sit in a smaller hole through the outer barrel, acting like a barrel spacer (sort of) with a 7 inch barrel, this may not be the case, unless you buy a bally long inner barrel! (which will drop FPS considerably, and may cause hop problems)

Comment

Ah fair enough, I thought the longer barrel might improve the performance but I'm still new to all this business. I was thinking of having the nine ball at the end so it's got a masher on the front like the WE Dragon (The pistol I originaly wanted before I found out the TM was a better bet)

Comment

Yeah youd be better off with the TM. The longer barrel wont make a noticeable difference, but more gas will be needed to push the BB down at the same speed.

If I were you, id get a TM Hi Capa 5.1, keep it all stock, stick the front kit on, and leave it like that. Failing that, if the looks dont put you off, you could get the TM strike warrior, which comes with the kit already in place!

Comment

finished setting up the 4.3 how I actually like it

Comment

I think you're right, if they're a good pistol already I don't want to risk mucking it up by installing a barrel incorrectly, the strike kit looks pretty easy to fit, even if it envolves drilling and tapping a few holes!
                What did you use to paint the trades on yours? It looks good with the waffle grip, I've not seen them for sale anywhere, only the Jackson Pollock style paint splat ones and the bark style grips

Comment

My friend has a metal outer barrel with the adaption for a compensator, which in the world of the high capa becomes a barrel extension, he has an 8 inch inner barrel and his FPS is near 400. It is a popular upgrade for race guns!
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
                    I think you're right, if they're a good pistol already I don't want to risk mucking it up by installing a barrel incorrectly, the strike kit looks pretty easy to fit, even if it envolves drilling and tapping a few holes!
                    What did you use to paint the trades on yours? It looks good with the waffle grip, I've not seen them for sale anywhere, only the Jackson Pollock style paint splat ones and the bark style grips
                    The strike warrior will probably be quite good. Its effectively what you plan to do, just made by TM! Will probably be a fair bit cheaper in the end too, with the same look. That said, you cant really get installing the barrel wrong, its easy as pie!

The grips I have are actually from the KJWorks KP06 Hi capa. Youll have to look to the states to find them. But miles better than any grips Ive tried!

The paint is Humbrol Acrylic paint, number 164

Comment

They are lovely grips. Might have to look stateside for a KJW 5.1 lower, it looks like a kimber lower.

Comment

Not much done externally recently, its all inside.
                        9ball hop rubber, 9ball gas routers, 9ball Dyna piston head, 9ball hi flow valves, 150% spring kit and enhanced hammer spring.
                        The latest is the new silencer, a bit more manly than the last one.

Comment

I bet that is a absolute nail driver

Comment

Yeah it is, I forgot to mention the 6.01 PDI black raven inner barrel. I put it on face book the night before a game to scare all the regulars at my site. :D

Comment

New lower grip and silver outer barrel on mine. Next up is a metal slide, when I have money!

Comment

Nice, liking the new grip. Still after a railed frame for my 5.1 at the moment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                                Working...
                                X