L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Not sure if L86a2's count for this thread, but here's mine. God I love this beasty:

Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Firstly you need to get the RS fitting out of your mind.

Neither the ICS L85 or the Madbull RIS, fitting wise, bear any resembalance to the real thing.

Its realy simple though, with the adaptor you simply slide off the old hand guard as if you were changing a battery, split the gun in two, on the upper half once the handguard is removed there is a plastic part left attached to the reciever, this needs replacing for the specific adaptor for ICS/WE L85s, then you simply slide the RIS on as you would the old handguard, the front rails on the gas block that hold the plastic handguard steady also hold the RIS steady in the same way, then at the reciever end the its secured to the adaptor via a large screw.
      A full length sling loop screw would then clamp the RIS tight to the front of the gun, hence the reason i suggest grabbing yourself one.
      Ah, that all makes sense, thanks.

Meanwhile, pretty average L85A2:

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the scope on that L86, if anything just because it's not a SUSAT/ACOG/Specter. Not to imply there haven't been many, many crazy sights for the SA80 family of weapons.
      Last edited by EchoFox; 27 November, 2011, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
        Out of interest, in the picture M.I.A posted a while back here:

What is the lad with the EOTech doing? Or am I just being stupid?What's more strange is they have live ammo yet there wearing M.I.L.E.S .?
        its the new style of training they capture members of the taliban bring them ove rto the uk and give them lazer guns and some shitty dpm's and get told to fight the army while the british army in training fire live rounds back at them

Comment

A recent Christmas present
          ICS L85A2

Will hopefully be getting a ris and new flashider for it soon!
          sigpic

Comment

Here's a thing I got told recently at my local Peterborough shop:- With a LiPo in a Madbull RIS, you can't get to the leads, parfticularly the balancer. Consequently you can't use the hatch on the top to dive in for a charge-up. Appatenty you have to split the gun and unscrew the RIS. Is this true? It sounds a total pain and it's got me thinking it's not worth the grief.
            How do you guys get on with this, or is there a solution to this, such as where the battery should be positioned inside the space in the RIS?
            Your insight here would be most welcome.

Comment

If you use Tamiyas (or, probably, Deans) it's a pain to put them near the 'hatch' as space is extremely tight. There's always banana plugs...

Comment

Could use a PEQ Battery box on the outside? Something like a PEQ 15 looks cool and wont be too intrusive on the general looks of the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  If you use Tamiyas (or, probably, Deans) it's a pain to put them near the 'hatch' as space is extremely tight. There's always banana plugs...
                  Thanks fellas. I knew you'd contribute Panoptes, as you seem to be a leading light on this topic. I defo don't want a PEQ box. I'd rather keep the old foregrip than be forced into that.
                  It will be on small Tamiyas, yes. Do you use banana plugs? I'm not adverse to it being a bit fiddly, if it's at least possible...?

Comment

Here's the battery/wiring setup I've gone for inside the Madbull rail attached to my ICS:

All fits in quite nicely even with large Tamiyas, gas parts cover closes no problem and you can just leave the battery inside and charge it there. Although it's actually not too difficult to just swap for fresh batteries, it does require a screw driver and popping the two halves of the TMH apart, so I don't plan on doing it while actually at any games.
                    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I don't currently have banana plugs fitted but it's on my to do list. I've previously been quite happy just to fit a battery and when it dies, grab another gun (I use about four AEGs in a skirmish day).

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                        its the new style of training they capture members of the taliban bring them ove rto the uk and give them lazer guns and some shitty dpm's and get told to fight the army while the british army in training fire live rounds back at them
                        Hmm, except its 4 RIFLES at BATUK....

Comment

Originally posted by Green Knight View Post
                          Here's a thing I got told recently at my local Peterborough shop:- With a LiPo in a Madbull RIS, you can't get to the leads, parfticularly the balancer. Consequently you can't use the hatch on the top to dive in for a charge-up. Appatenty you have to split the gun and unscrew the RIS. Is this true? It sounds a total pain and it's got me thinking it's not worth the grief.
                          How do you guys get on with this, or is there a solution to this, such as where the battery should be positioned inside the space in the RIS?
                          Your insight here would be most welcome.
                          Hi matey , I run a 7.4v 1400 lipo nunchuk in my ICS with a ris , what I've done is I have all the connectors (deans) threaded up to the top so I can accsess them through the trap door . to charge I can connect the charging leads fine and i use an extender for the balance lead . Though I did need to ditch the fuse carrier to be able to fit it all in .
                          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Drud, Panoptes, CKennerly- Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to impart your findings, photos and all.

I'm much more reassured that it's all do-able. I dropped my ICS in for upgrades, overhall and the ris, and I came away starting to doubt I'd done the right thing, having had their caveat over the counter re access. I now feel reassured it'll all be fine, so I'll see it through.

Jon at the shop suggested he might have a go at lengthening the balancer lead, but I think he was a tad cautious over messing with a LiPo wiring itself. Given they actually advertise the L85A2 RIS as one of their signature custom pieces, I would have thought they would have been up to speed on this issue.

To that end, they really aught carry the hornbill offset riser mount and vortex flash-hider as stock, just for finishing touches.

Personally I'll be sticking with the Spectre DR I have already. The intel on this thread saved me a fair few quid buying an ACOG.

Thank you again, gents.

Comment

ok, basically I was at a site today and there was a chap there selling a Madbull L85 RIS for a very good price, and I was all "TAKE MY MONEY" - but first let me just try and slip it onto my L85 just to see how it all fits.

And then it didn't. The fake gas block's quick detach rails are too wide to allow the rail to slide on. My immediate thought was "well, I simply need Madbull's ICS adapter", except that only includes a piece that replaces a part on the lower TMH/receiver. Does it in fact also include a replacement, and much thinner, gas block?

Comment

• It is supposed to be quite tight on those rails.
                                It could be possible that it's owner has crushed it slightly.

The instructions as I remember them said that the ICS may require some thin packing between the RIS and gas block rails.

Mine went on my WE easily and they use the same QR handguard design as ICS.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X