Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Where did you gather this from? The ARES have great internals. The only issue with them is a 'more complicated' takedown. Otherwise, they're the best replica there is.
    I agree m8 my Ares A2 is the best SA80 i have owned.
    I don't care if you've lost half your men loose the other half.

Comment

• Re: ICS L85A2 - Afghanistan set up.

L85A3's

This new standard will be applied to all the rifles in service when the following conditions are meet. The following items are fitted to the rifle, the DD rail handgaurd, the Surefire Vortex flash hider, the down grip (also being isssued in FDE now), the new upper bodies with the extended sight rail. The extended sight rail has been extended to reduce the amount of failures of this part due to welds cracking. Once all wpns with coy/unit/div have been converted all wpns within that will be classified A3. Type of sight does not affect designation.

This came out in a DIN approx 2 years ago but all stocks of A2 upper bodies had to be used up.

Comment

• So A3s are marked/painted/engraved with A3 at the point of the upper shown in previous photos.

So what about the STAMPED A2 markings on the lower receiver?

It would look stupid on an airsoft version, and make its user look like a complete plonker too

Comment

The A3 designation is an accounting sweep up, atm units are accounting for rifles, dd rails and vortex'es on seperate returns. Re-engraving 240,000 rifle tmh's won't be happening anytime soon.

Comment

And by the sounds of it, they won't be re-engraving at all, was with some RM commandos at thetford fibula village where I had the pleasure of gettin my hands on a 417

Owner of DCS
            (Doom custom shooters)
            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Finished my WE SA80.

- = One Shot one Kill = -
              = Always OutNumbered, Never Outgunned =

Comment

Pretty nice mate, could do with a wing mount on the acog docter though, and that funky flash hider really needs to be replaced by a surefire replica.

Comment

i do have the wing mount for the doctor sight, but then i loose the BUIS, so i havn't done the swap yet. I also dont much fancy the look of the surefire flashhider, much prefer my madbul style one.
                  - = One Shot one Kill = -
                  = Always OutNumbered, Never Outgunned =

Comment

I quite like the madbull one, just think it looks abit incongruous on an SA80.

Here's my latest L85. Also in the Brit Forces Weaponry thread:

Comment

will someone let me know where they got there acog wing mount from ive seen alot online but wont ship to the uk -.- and ive tried the bay....

Comment

It would appear that I've caught the L85 bug again....

Not the greatest pics but you get the idea
                        KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

wow is that a real L85? :P

Comment

Slighly Modified AA R85
                            Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any idea whether the ICS L85 would be able to fit a real Daniel Defence ris? My guess is not, but I'd like a definite answer before I go and impulsively splash out money on one
                              sigpic

Comment

The ics will fit the DD rail no problem, BUT!!!! You have to buy an adapter for it. I think zero one sell them but other Scottish retailers deffinatly do

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X