X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Originally posted by curlyrocks View Post
    My weathered ICS L86
    just a warning fella. the ics l85's are made from steel sheet. you've weathered it and covered it in snow, so will now most likely rust! which is what happened to mine. so you may want to cover it in oil or spray the whole body with a clear laquer.

heres mine now fully "Weathered"...

Comment

SAM_2157.jpgSAM_2162.jpgSAM_2161.jpgSAM_2168.jpgSAM_2159.jpg heres my primary at the moment quite alot of very expensive rs parts quite well used and the majority of the wear you see is all due to my very rough play style the only artificial part is the light spray of tan got to say i love the rubbery feel of the rs ergo grips

Comment

• My latest and biggest pain in the chuff L85, the amount of Acogs I have destroyed in the pursuit of getting it just right, and I still can't mount my Docter winged mount on it!!!

Now on to the internals and then my GBB L86 in the new year :D

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
          Kill it with fire!!!!
          If you like that, you're gonna love this...

102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Comment

I am ashamed to say it took me a few seconds to realise why i hated that! then it clicked and i wanted to cry.
              TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

im ashamed when i see clean guns..is that just me?

Comment

I like how my gun looks when alittle muddy or dusty, but I can't stop myself cleaning it regulary, too paranoid about rust and jams.

I love that L85 though Mikey, looks great - if you laquered it like you suggest, what did you use?

Also I'm trying to help a mate out with a build of his, but I don't really know much about the GBB L85 he's using. Is it possible to fit a RS DD Rail onto a WE L85A2, and if so, how's it done and what modifications are needed?

Comment

• It's hard but not impossible, it's a case of either filing down the original gas block or buying a Hornbill conversion kit from HK.

The latter really is the best course of action if you want to fit RS RIS as it will fit much more securely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
                      I like how my gun looks when alittle muddy or dusty, but I can't stop myself cleaning it regulary, too paranoid about rust and jams.

I love that L85 though Mikey, looks great - if you laquered it like you suggest, what did you use?
                      Thanks fella.
                      As for the laquer, i havent done it yet! lol as the gpmg project is taking up all my spare time. what i was going to use tho fella was the plasticote clear laquer spray.

Comment

Folks two questions, I know the rs sa80's are sprayed with syncrolite, is it just the metal parts that are sprayed or is the whole gun sprayed?

Secondly, where is the best place to get the wing mount?

Comment

We used to use black suncorite that was applied with a paintbrush. Just the 'body work' if you want to call it that, which is meant to look black. Same with the GPMGs, riot/anti riot guns, SUSATs and swords etc.

Its fun painting buckshee mags and grips (a2 style) with suncorite and g10 green paint!

Comment

Try again !

PC282704.jpg
                            PC282707.jpg

Comment

Try again Yozzer?

And thanks for the advice Tisane - have passed it along.

Also I came across this picture and wondered if anyone knew what was stuck to the SUSAT? Some sort of range finger or laser for simulation?

Comment

That doesn't even look like a SUSAT?! Looks too squared?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X