L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Guys, I've ordered some coyote brown paint (the proper stuff) any tips? I'm guessing two coats at least. Does anyone know exactly what parts remain black? From the pictures I've seen I'm going with:
    Barrel/flash hider,
    Bolt and cocking handle,
    Pistol grip, cheek rest and butt pad.
    What about the saftey, trigger+guard, selector switch etc?

Cheers!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadChinaBull View Post
      Currently my ICS Afgan spec L85, cant find a Wing mount for my doctor sight though
      Most of the internals are custom by me as the ICS uses proprietary parts, which are not very good :/

You should take off the tape over the ports on one of the sides. I did it, and one of my squaddie mates rectified me on it.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Basically, anything that's black. Spray! Don't get worked up about the trigger guard and trigger if they get painted fine, if not meh!

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyT83 View Post
          Basically, anything that's black. Spray! Don't get worked up about the trigger guard and trigger if they get painted fine, if not meh!
          Cool, I'll have a picture on over the weekend!

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1402422833510.jpg
            First coat of EC spray. Still very blotchy, but it's coming on nicely. I'll re-coat over the weekend.

Comment

Looking good mate, just needs to be scratched to buggery so the black starts to show through!

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1403100154077.jpg

Here she is after a second coat

Comment

F*ck, that's giving me flashbacks to the DFAC at BASTION now! Looks properly the part mate (though so shiny people may accuse you of being a REMF!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks buddy. It's still a proper shoddy job!

Comment

My WE/RA Tech Level 1, fresh after painting.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                      : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                      AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

looks good fella.

Just an idea, I would mount the llm01 underneath.
                        Yes 1 or 2 people mounted it on the side on the rail, but was mainly done like that for either the old style foregrips or for the grenade launcher.
                        Plus to add that extra touch, all it needs now is the electronic label maker (DYMO letratag). Put the label on the rear where the paint has been removed and on back section of the acog riser facing up. You can use either the plastic yellow or plastic green tape, and put any number you like, most usually put a letter and 2 numbers but it's up to you.

Comment

I've seen plenty of reference photos showing them on the side, and as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't like how far back it forces you to mount the grip.

Additionally, having the light level with the barrel makes it far more useful in my opinion, when shooting over cover or around corners to your right, it means that the light is never obstructed by your cover.

Shooting around left hand corners obviously doesn't matter, because the rifle can't be fired left handed anyway unless you want to just shift it to your other shoulder and still use your right hand, but then you're still exposing your entire left arm before the rifle anyway.

You could put the LLM on the left side, except then it hits your leg when the rifle's slung and I find that very annoying, it also ends up pointing at walls more than anything, since I don't like to expose more of myself than I need to when firing around things.

Marking it with a weapon number is on the cards though, hence why I left the space free when I painted it. I'd like to get it engraved with the proper trades on the right side at some point too.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                          : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                          AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

i know its off topic and i apologise but can anyone recommend me or point me in the right direction of a magpul emag that will fit and feed a g&g l85? i bought some pts 120 rounders but they will not feed no matter how much i fettle them.

Comment

Anyone interested in getting an Ares UGL may be interested in this petition to resume production

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...e-launcher-ugl

Cheers
                              I love the smell of napalm in the morning

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-tactical-list
                              My Tactical List

Comment

I've removed the best part of my tan paint job, leaving behind a nice dusty look to the rifle which i quite like. Here's a couple pictures of the gun, one is my Afghan impression, and another which as hideous as it looks is a surprisingly comfortable platform!
                                uploadfromtaptalk1404760734550.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404760756738.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X