Sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper rifles

Christo what's the performance like on that SVD? Looks great! Is the S&T a clone of the Real Sword SVD?

Comment

Originally posted by da1994 View Post
      Christo what's the performance like on that SVD? Looks great! Is the S&T a clone of the Real Sword SVD?
      Yes it is. It performs very well. I picked it up for £240 and stuck a PSO-1 on it. Accuracy isn't great but can be made much better by a tightbore which I will do. In stock form I would say hitting man size targets at 55m 6-8 times out of 10. Range is 70m which I think is very good for a 420fps Chinese clone. The wood isn't fantastic, but If I am not mistaken it is like the real steel which is a "plywood" layered type thing so no complaints there. All in its a very good rifle and certainly does justice to the "Real sword clone" name!
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
        Yes it is. It performs very well. I picked it up for £240 and stuck a PSO-1 on it. Accuracy isn't great but can be made much better by a tightbore which I will do. In stock form I would say hitting man size targets at 55m 6-8 times out of 10. Range is 70m which I think is very good for a 420fps Chinese clone. The wood isn't fantastic, but If I am not mistaken it is like the real steel which is a "plywood" layered type thing so no complaints there. All in its a very good rifle and certainly does justice to the "Real sword clone" name!
        I'd chuck a different hop up rubber in before you splashout on a tightbore to see if that makes any noticeable difference, if not then go ahead haha!

Sounds pretty good for a clone actually, I might have to pick one up when funds permit haha...

Comment

Deep Fire Tightbores are amongest the best I have ever used, and at £30 for 510mm you can't complain. If the SVD takes AEG barrels I recommend one
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Crasstoe that R93 is beautiful.

Weren't tempted by the more expensive version with the chrome barrel?

Comment

• Chrome barrel?
              Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                Chrome barrel?
                Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                There was a video of the King Arms Blaser R93 at the show show or some equivalent, and they had two versions, the cheaper version, and the more expensive version which had a couple of extra features including a chrome barrel. However for the life of me I cant find it anywhere on the net! Perhaps it was purely a prototype, or maybe it was the CO2 version thats coming out later this year.

Comment

• It is an AEG barrel but it is 690mm! I think I will settle for a 650mm and hope lol
                  "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

AGS, if it had a tan stock, CO2 version, and rumour is the bolt and trigger mech is completely compatible with the spring version stock... meaning an upgrade kit should be on the way. Explains the the quick swap bolt system

Christo, you can get PSG1 inner barrels upto 690mm, normally listed as PSG1+.
                    Last edited by crasstoe; 8 May, 2012, 12:13.
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

well i got my baby back after selling her two years ago,thankfully she had mainly sat in storage with little use in this time.
                      The wood stock has had reccie tape added which i may remove to return to the wood stock and the scope may have been changed since i sold it.
                      need to stip it down and check everything and also tape the scope.

the gun consists of

Tanaka m700 LTR
                      kingarms pax vsr hop unit
                      first factory 554mm 6.03 barrel with 9ball rubber
                      changed hammer spring and g&g bolt rubber
                      custom milled silencer adaptor and kingarms 3rd ops silncer
                      kingarms harris bipod
                      unsure on the scope but think its a m1 though unknown make

4 mags which all have gas router springs and impact plates changed

only noise you hear is the hammer hitting the mag

tanaka LTR by pmac1985, on Flickr

looks very long but its actually only the length of a vsr or there a bouts

tanaka LTR by pmac1985, on Flickr

tanaka custom silencer attachment by pmac1985, on Flickr
                      user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Pete that is gorgeous mate, Did you find nineball work better over firefly rubbers? My AICS is being a little git, doesn't help previous owner lost the spring and ball bearing to click the adjustment knob.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

i had a nineball in my a.i.c.s and this came with one when i bought it from Ovany a few years ago,the opinion on the other forum was that the nine ball preformed better so I've never tried the firefly(my vsr ran a firefly hard for about 8years with great results).

i don't have any space or time at the moment for testing things only when i go skirmishing but may try a firefly and see how it works.
                          performance on this is good but due to the gas there are inconsistencies,which are to be expected and I've not had much chance since getting it back to test much,i picked it up on sunday at a skirmish and took it straight out.
                          when it fires as it should its like a laser and has stupid range.

Comment

tanaka LTR by pmac1985

Hmmmm i still prefered it when its was just plain good old wood but saves you scratching it

I spent so long on this , its the one that i wish i had never let go .....

Comment

Hahaha tell me about it I nearly cried when I sold it,was worse than selling my vsr which i had from its release.
                              The guy I sold it to said he would keep it until I wanted it back,which was good of him.
                              Im thinking about removing the tape myself,but I do see why he did it.Im still in two minds though mainly due to how i play,i have no worries about dragging my guns through anything and wouldn't want this damaged.

Comment

Thats the reason i sold most of my Tanakas , mainy because to use them in the field would mess up what im my eyes are the best looking rifles in airsoft , ok maybe not the best performing unless you mess around but the feeling you get when there done right ,cycling the bolt and releasing .43 grams of teflon love silently from 90 metres away and hearing the thud as some un suspecting cries out "WTF where the **** did that come from " maskes all the messing worth while

1st dibs ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X