Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nineball gas routers for TM GBB mags

Alright guys, just a quick one!

This review is for the nine ball gas routers (in purple) that are made for Tokyo Marui Hi Capa and P226 GBB mags.

The routers are very similar in looks to the standard routers. Inside however, they have a smoother, more flowing shape. Edges are curved, and all gas is vented straight through the top. The standard routers have a lot of edges and angles for gas to negotiate. Disrupting flow to the pistol.

Fitting them is a piece of cake, and doesn't even require you to empty the mags of gas. Remove the pin at the top of the mag, and remove the feed lip and router, making sure not to loose the feeding spring and plunger as you remove them.

When inserting, I used some silicone grease (not oil or spray) to help secure the seal. When inserting these in my 4.3 mag, they did a fantastic job. However, on my 5.1 mags, they did not feel so positive. In fact I was fairly sure they were worse than before. This was without any grease added. Since the game yesterday, I have taken them out, and greased them before puttin them back in. Initial testing seems much more positive than yesterday, so I'd recommend this to all addin the routers to their mags. Just a little around the outside edges of the router, where it touches the mag.

Performance after installation was lovely. Blowback was much crisper than before, and fps was noticeably improved. Gas consumption is by far my most noticeable improvement though. I run high flow valves in my magazines. Meaning I can squeeze off about 1 and three quarter mags, before I'm totally out of gas. With these, I was able to knock off 2 and a half mags, rapid firing, constantly, before running out of gas. A whopping improvement from before!

So, I would recommend these to all. Even with standard valves, you will definately feel a difference. And at only £6 per mag, what is there to think about!

Re: Nineball gas routers for TM GBB mags

I agree on this massively, I never added the silicone grease to mine but still noticed a bigger kick, a bit more noise and a 20-25fps increase in output.
    I picked up a pair for 14 dollars posted, in fairness out of all the upgrades I have done, these have seemed the most worth while in a performance aspect. Best bang for buck exchange really.
    If you havent got them and you can fit them, then get them, even on a stock pistol you will notice the difference.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

just did a test on these mags today, this morning, in a little video and sales demonstration I have for the pistol Im now selling.

full mag, on propane, with high flow valves, and about 12 degrees C weather… 42 shots on both 5.1 mags. Considering they have high flow valves, and it was not a warm day, that is fantastic gas efficiency!

Comment

I say to everyone who asks what should i upgrade first on my hi capa

i always say the 9ball gas routers..brilliant piece of kit and can change the pistols performance into one double its value for such a low cost..

awesome

Comment

Next Upgrade I did after this was put in the magazine shims. These are little plastic squares that sit under the gas router. Pushing it up closer into the blowback unit. Providing a better delivery of gas once again.

The pros of these little things are:

Slight FPS increase (approx 10FPS apparently, will chrono at the weekend to check)
          Better gas consumption
          Better shot to shot FPS consistency.

Mine have definately given another increase in the recoil felt. So once again, another good upgrade I highly recomend, especially as they cost me £4.50 for 4!

Comment

I use the Shooters Design variety for my glock 17 (which have much the same effect)

These are one of the best, cheap upgrades you can do and are often overlooked.
            Last edited by Ali; 22 June, 2011, 11:08.
            bought [bawt]
            verb
            Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
            brought [brawt]
            verb
            Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Those shims are very underrated and some moan it didnt do anything for their pistol...but i havnt tried em so i cant comment

Comment

I was a bit sceptical, as I saw Mike Cripps got them in, but a couple of weeks later took them off his site, so I thought they must be crap. Couple of the guys at my Local were raving about them, and for £4.50 i thought id see. Definately a difference, but could most likely be the pairing of the shims and routers that actually makes the difference. One multiplying the effect of the other

Comment

yeah If i remember correctly the ones moaning were using standard routers over the nicer ones

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                    I say to everyone who asks what should i upgrade first on my hi capa

i always say the 9ball gas routers..brilliant piece of kit and can change the pistols performance into one double its value for such a low cost..

awesome

Still going strong
                    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
                      Still going strong
                      n-n-n-n-nail driver!

Comment

I didn't know what to think with those shims, but now people have said they are good, I'm gonna get some.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Defniately get some. Easy to install as well!

Comment

These routers were great - until my P226 explodered!

Comment

Anybody had problems with using propane and these routers? In stock pistols?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X