British Army P.L.C.E Webbing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Army P.L.C.E Webbing.

also everything on mine is sewn on and then the pouches are sewn together.. obviously less versatile but very very comfy and much sturdier
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Also, a brand called "wyvern" makes some slightly different webbing.

Thicker yoke, two belts, extra one that goes round the pouches (no need for bungee), and from what I hear they are very good.

Comment

Range master - another trusted make i've been informed with

Right, here's some other pouches which may be of some use to you:

Ration pack pouch:

I'm not entirley sure, but I think it's designed to fit an unopened GP ration pack, so slightly wider than a utility pouch.

Often referred to as the 'E&E pouch, or SAS survival pouch' ect...

Next, an unusual pouch which I haven't seen used before.

anyway, the idea is it sits ontop of the webbing pouches, and is designed to hold your NBC kit, basha, poncho, clothes, whatever you can think of.

The hip pad I was talking about:
        Clips on around the belt, and in theory is ment to provide a more comfortable fit.

Next, the entrenching tool pouch:

Holds the issue folding spade, but more commonly used as a US style water bottle pouch. Not a good fit to use as a bottle pouch , but it works.

Next, the gas mask pouch:

Obviously it's real intent is useless in our nice and safe airsoft games....
        But it's big, good to carry clothes in, a big pouch for big kit.

That's about it for pouches. There are loads of other PLCE systems out there too, even drop leg systems and holsters.

I've got time to talk about the day sacks though.....

The day sacks are the two smaller pouches you see on the side of bergens, these will hold what you need for 24 hours + , extra food, ammo, shelter, batteries, admin, ect.

Basically the idea is, if you need to drop your bergen you can simply unzip the side pouches and put 'em on your back...

You can carry one only if you wish, but they're good for longer durations...

Hope this helps..

I'll try and cover as much as the PLCE stuff I can. But any of you in the know, please correct me if I cocked up somewhere! :D

Comment

Hehe my lecturer calls them rocket pooches (day sacks) like a jet pack hehehe

To be perfectly honest unless your mil siming or MUST HAVE! the perfect set

get what you need, no point filling up webbing, to be honest i dont like it, trying to reach behind you for stuff gets irritating

Comment

hehe, rocket pouches... I like that lol

Yeah, I should of said this review is more suited to endurance events, where you are skirmshing for 24 hours +, or milsim.

But hey, it might come in use. :D

Comment

Indeed

no not pouches

POOCHES!

Comment

"Basically the idea is, if you need to drop your bergen you can simply unzip the side pouches and put 'em on your back..."

may i add that the yoke in the picture is actualy not the standard plce webbing yoke but a complete differant set up just for use with the sidepacks !

on my set up i use one sidepack and clip it using the buckles to the strapy bits on the yoke and to the belt .
                saves the need for two set ups!

great guide for people who wouldnt otherwise know tho .
                it is supprizing how many softers know little about plce .
                i have sold a few sets on my site and on our forum a few people have been like plce whats this !
                Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

i like plce as its versatile, not quite as easily changeable as my ricas but much more adaptable(requires patience to get it perfect though) than most assault vests.

i used a plce set up consisting of 1xdouble amo pouch, 3x utility pouch and 1 water bottle pouch at the weekender and found it much easier to use than some of the fancy vests etc on show, much better for the spotter/scout sniper role too as theres nothing to get in the way when prone (nothing worse than diving into cover to be greeted by a mag forcing its way into your lower abdomen or worse lol)
                  Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

the last pic on the first post are thay radio controled solders :-)
                    (i know it's for the coms but i thort it was funey)
                    Originally posted by Stones
                    true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

just out of interest you know how much a genuine issue one of these is worth, absolutely no intentions on selling it but got one in my wardrobe.

Comment

Depends on so many things.

Condition
                        Whats included
                        How old it is ect...

But a full set, like mine, new, is worth about £120.

The cruical word there is new, if it's not new, you could pick one up for £40 or £50.

A basic 4 pouch + yoke set, used, about £35- £40.

Comment

If anybody would like a full set of brand new PLCE please get in touch.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                            Depends on so many things.

Condition
                            Whats included
                            How old it is ect...

But a full set, like mine, new, is worth about £120.

The cruical word there is new, if it's not new, you could pick one up for £40 or £50.

A basic 4 pouch + yoke set, used, about £35- £40.
                            think ill get a picture up, cause it looks slightly different to the one pictures, also i think it has a bullet hole in lmao :\

Comment

Ive used many different rigs, hardnesses etc, but PLCE has never let me down, nor has it let me down when coming to custom modding. I find the hip pad makes all the difference, however when your setting up your rig make sure you fill the pouches with some weight, this will help you adjust it so they sit right.

heres some pics of mine

as you can see i have a hydration pack added to mine, this is actually attached to the plce and not as a backpack as it orginally came, heres how to do it..

cut the straps then add a buckle system tot he front yoke loop as shown:

at the bottom, it gets a wee bit cheeky, your attaching buckles to the already existing plce yoke straps, look closely and you'll see it, this allows the hydration to click in place and not moved when filled with water

this allows you to ditch the hydration if needed. for extra uber effiency, mod a MLCE radio pouch onto the back of your hydration, this frees up space on the front of your rig

the next mod il going to do is a ugl vertical system, just trying to find the right pouches for the job...

n btw if your going to do this, you can get cheap buckles on ebay! thats where i got mine from, and buy a OD utility strap, is stiff but strong.

if anyone got any questions feel free to drop me a PM and ill try help them out
                              Originally posted by bravotwozero
                              Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Ahhh, I like that.

Might try it out.

The one problem I had on my weekender was carrying enough water. I had already used all the pouches for food, mess tins ect.

My thought was, use the canteen water for cooking, and a hydration pack for drinking.

Also, it would make it a hell of a lot easier to get a swig of water when you need it

Anyway, just thought i'd tell you all how the webbing performed.

Carried everything I needed.... Just as it's intended. People who were using vests struggled, as their food and water were in their bergens.

I could dumb my bergen at base, and use my webbing for a brew or whatever.

Just so happeneds I got taken hostage, so I quickly made a brew and got my lunch while they discussed their exchange, me for a bag of bbs, with the other team.

Loved the webbing, didn't have to worry about getting gear out of the bergen, everything was already on my waist.

The only problem I had, was it could be very restricting when sitting down. But the fact your chest is completely free is fantastic.

I could crawl and not worry about mags digging into my chest, or loosing anything because it's all on my back & waist.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                                Working...
                                X