British Army P.L.C.E Webbing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Army P.L.C.E Webbing.

web-tex, shit basically, as cadet with many friends serving in afgan currently. I know for a fact web-tex is a complete waste of money. fragile, badly made rubbish sizes (when wet shrinks so anything inside e.g. issue bottle gets stuck in and it will dry in this new smaller state) not a cheap alternative in the long run go for the real stuff made to last much better!!!!!!!! eg 95 pattern ect

Comment

Just some photos of full kit:

PLCE webbing
      PLCE day sack
      PLCE ops waist coat

Again - this is only for very long games, 24 hours + .

Basha, bivi, sleeping back, food, water, ammo ect can all fit inside.
      Much better than a bergen I find. Lot's of small pouches rather than a big one.

Comment

i like my plce webbing but i find it very uncomfortable in the sense that my two back utility pouchs droop down and i cant seem to get them so sit against my lower back i believe its not putting the yoke on correctly but i am unsure of how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Titch1-4 View Post
          i like my plce webbing but i find it very uncomfortable in the sense that my two back utility pouchs droop down and i cant seem to get them so sit against my lower back i believe its not putting the yoke on correctly but i am unsure of how to do it

What you might want to do is attatch a utility strap through the inside of the pouches.

If you look, you'll see every pouch has a pair of loops under the inside buckle.
          Thread a strap through here, and pull it as tight as it can go without pulling too hard on the pouches.

You should have a U shape webbing now. Also, tie a bungee around the outside of the webbing.

How you wear the yoke doesn't really matter, so long as it's low. The mag pouches should be on your waist.

Kind of like what i've done here:

But thread the strap through ALL of the pouches.

Comment

i will post pics of what the problem is because i dont think that will solve my issue

Comment

nice review m8, just one or two points to look out for, if you are buying issue pouches secondhand make sure that the square plastic retainer on the buckle isnt split as if it is it wont hold your pouch closed when you jump about, secondly when you are issued webbing you only get a waterbottle pouch and a utility pouch with it, what is common amongst blokes who are in the field alot, is adding an extra pouch, the thing to do is, if you are quite slim, use 3 waterbottle pouches, if you are a bit larger (yeh thats me!) you can use 3 utility pouches, this is because the pouches are differant sizes and take up more, or less room on your belt.
              thirdly as someone else mentioned, if you want to use the entrenching tool pouch as a waterbottle holder, which is a handy addition for quickly getting at your water, then put the issue cup in the bottom, this will raise the height of the bottle, and then carefully cut some of the stitching back to allow you to adjust it tighter, stopping the bottle from dropping out.
              finally if you want to really stop the whole lot from flopping about then put a bungie through the loops on the back of the pouches, and another one through the loops on the front (see pic of my gear) only attach to the rear loops on the ammo pouches though because if you attach it to the front one you will find it hard to get your mags out.
              Hope this is of use to you.
              steve.

Comment

[QUOTE=Titch1-4;261244]i like my plce webbing but i find it very uncomfortable in the sense that my two back utility pouchs droop down and i cant seem to get them so sit against my lower back i believe its not putting the yoke on correctly but i am unsure of how to do it[/QUOTE

bum sag is usually down to the belt not being tight on the hips and the adjusters on top of rear pouches not being drawn up high enough. get a pick of you wearing it up, and ill have a look for you if you want.
                steve

Comment

Bit of a bring back but hey

my webbing from left to right double ammo pouch triple utility pouch double ammo pouch

And i have two side pouches from my bergen on my yoke

12 l85 mags in the ammo pouches 8 one of side pouches
                  8 l85 mags in one of side pouches
                  waterbottle in one of the triple utitly pouches
                  food in one of the triple utilty pouches
                  speedloader and spare bbs in one of the triple utitly pouches
                  radio, duck tape and anything else needed and space for clothing if it gets to hot

All i need and does me fine

Dom

Dom

Comment

hi

Mods is it possible to get this moved to gear and loadouts as is more of dicussion thread than a review??

cheers Dom

Comment

Why when the OP was doing a review and there already is a thread in gear & loadouts?
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91360

Comment

Another useful tip with PLCE webbing I used alot, which admittedly, works best for serving soldiers...

In the ammo boxes you get the plastic sheets to separate boxes of 5.56. If you flex this, then isert it into your utility and water pouch, the bungee around the outside won't collapse the pouch when you remove items from it.

It keeps its shape, and keeps the bungee tight, so you don't get pouches slapping your ass, and you can actually use the pouch without having your battle buddy go all feng-shui on the contents.
                        'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Works

But for airsofters well we don't get plastic bits in ammo boxes do we??

But real life good idea

Dom

Comment

You might get lucky with surplus stores who re-sell the ammo boxes, as they tend to keep them to one side for squaddies. Always worth a try.

I appreciate doing ten years in the Army/Marines is a bit much just to get four plastic dividers for your airsoft webbing....
                            'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

true ebay may worrk

Dom

Comment

titch1-4 it sounds like you need to start over an take it apart and re-size the hole rig from belt up from what you described is a common fault of remfs who don't have a clue about plce

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                                Working...
                                X