British Army P.L.C.E Webbing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Army P.L.C.E Webbing.

ah but the hydration has a buckle thing that can attach to the front yoke so the straw can easyly be clipped out of the way when not needed, me been so skinny i had to ditch a pouch so hydration was the only option at the time
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Just to let people know, this is now up for sale

Comment

will u swap it for an S10 gas mask and a British Army Special Forces Assault Vest!?!?!?

Comment

Sorry, but everyone uses special forces as a selling point mate

Will have to see photos.

Comment

probably be a ops waistcoat
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Some good stuff in this thread guys.
              When I used to use my PLCE, I carried everything, even if I didnt need it
              12 mags, radio, grenade, 48 hours of rations, water, hexi stove, bbs, 9mm blanks, hat, tools, mess tin, kfs, and probably a few other things.
              If you try hard enough, you can get 2x double mag, 3x utility, 2x water on the yoke. Just try and get the pouches dirty before you use them, or you'll look like a cadet
              I'll try and dig out an old thread I made on how to pull off a British Army look.

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2979
                Quite old, no recent posts, could do with reviving if theres a lot of people doing these loadouts still.
                Key post from that thread:
                DPM Shirt/Trousers - With iron marks steamed in, as a squaddie's combat shirt/trousers probably would have been their best clothes.
                Issue Boots - Keep them clean, polished and look after the leather
                Issue PLCE Webbing - Keep it neat, tidy and tight. Don't have it lose and hanging off your body, its not meant for this! Keep the excess straps tied up with sniper tape.
                ESS Ice 2.4 Glases - Nice glasses, the only glasses which are issued to the British Troops
                DPM Boonie - With a bowman style headset over the top

Get your kit nice and used, dont use brand new kit, as you will end up looking like a cadet, and we dont want that!

I use a Star SA80 with a UGL and a Susat. Its all issued to the British Troops, and looks good, try and keep your rifle British. SA80, LSW, AW338, Minimi etc
                Unless you are going for a Special Forces look, which an m16/m203 launcher or an m4 would look good with.

Hope this helps anyone who wants to go for a British Squaddie loadout.

Comment

Having just been or a 4 mile runforced march with my webbing and daysack, i can say this after seeing people struggling with their kit.

Wear it correctly, wear it tight, wear it on the HIPS!! Thankfully, due to daysacks (Not rocket pouches ill add (Yes, we do call them rocket pouches)) most people managed to get through alright, but running with 15kg of kit in webbing and daysack and incorrect fitting webbing could possibly be he most horrible experience known to man.

Must say though, some of the set ups here are better than what ive see the serving guys wear! Least its not skeleton webbing!

Comment

true true!

Comment

i love my brit dpm p.l.c.e webbing.

the best thing i ever brought / kit wise.
                      comfrotable.easily moded, and comfy if set right.

i just brought some warrior r.i.c.a.s and lke that,but the original
                      p.l.c.e is best.
                      i fitted my radio pouch on the front of my rig on the left hand yoke onto
                      the cross elastic.fitted well and it makes radio channel chage/radio opp.easier.

Comment

i use para webbing myself

it consists of the following

left to right

small utility pouch
                        double ammo
                        3 x large utility
                        double ammo

both of the double ammo pouch have a knife/tourch pouch sewn in

all of these are sewn together and then into a hippo pad type unit that has an integral roll pin quick/ emergancy release belt

this is imo the best thing plce have ever done, having worn plce for a few years having it sewn together inproves things no end

o and its a SF yoke too (its wider in the shoulders to distribute weight better)

o and as for saying you dont want to look like a cadet, i take that personally, and i assure you that there are cadets out there that would give you and any team you may b a member of a serious run for your money lol
                        m4a1 slilenced, R700, M14 EBR socom, m4 stubby killer silenced, USP .45

i shall walk through the vally of the shadow of death.... but i shall know no fear as i have already naplamed the valley!

Comment

im a cadet, ill post my rig up sometime and show you how its done :D
                          Originally posted by Teddykiller
                          I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Guys cadets are good and all, but the training you recieve does transfer well over to airsoft I found. I was a former Royal Marine Cadet a few years ago, and a training day run by a former pathfinder was much better, and taught me much more useful things than most the rubbish I learn with RMCs. Things like concealment, moving silently, how to spot disturbances are a helluva lot more useful. Just my opinion.

Comment

Coming soon -

Review of the PLCE OPS VEST & Daysack system.

Comment

left to right

Double ammo- Utility - Water - Utility - FFD pouch (i think, its american) - double ammo

with standard belt, hippo pad, bungies (which are tighter with stuff in the pouches), utility strap connecting them all and all taped up
                                Originally posted by Teddykiller
                                I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                                Working...
                                X