we scar l review (aeg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: we scar l review (aeg)

does look darker than the tan scar's I was messing with yesterday , if the shade is different buy a used but clean gbb and use that on the aeg
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Does anyone know if the Magpul PTS P-Mag 7.62 140rd Dark Earth work on these or the VFC Scar H mags? Want the Scar H version and cant find the mags for them..

Comment

Does anyone have any takedown guides for these? I have the L and I've been looking for a takedown guide as I'm finding the hop unit a real pain to get out!

Comment

The VFC Scar H mags will not work, the WE takes proprietary mags. Don't think the Magpul ones will work either
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by Deadsy View Post
            Does anyone have any takedown guides for these? I have the L and I've been looking for a takedown guide as I'm finding the hop unit a real pain to get out!
            Ok, you need to undo the 4 hex screws that hold the stock on, then pull the charging handle spring out. It's a bit of a faff but once you've done it once, it's quite easy. you then need to push the little tab down on the hop unit to release it from the upper receiver. It'll then slide out the rear of the body.
            The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
              The VFC Scar H mags will not work, the WE takes proprietary mags. Don't think the Magpul ones will work either
              Great....
              Does anyone have an idea when the mags for the H version will be available over here?

Comment

The people I've spoken to have only had the rifles in and no spare mags. Which is why I went for the L over the H.

I can confirm that 7.62 Pmags will NOT fit. The feed tube is in the wrong position.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by army will View Post
                  make: w.e
                  model: fn scar l/ mk16 mod 0 (aeg)
                  place of purchase: not zero one
                  cost: £240 (rrp £255)

as far as i know, at the time of writing i am the first person in the country to purchase one of these rifles, definitely the first purchaser from a uk retailer anyway :p

Initial impressions:

Taking the rifle out the box i noticed straightaway how much lighter the fn is in comparison to other similar models such as my vfc 416 and my ics diemaco.
                  Despite being lighter, the entire rifle feels solid, partly down to the use of a polymer lower, stock and grip.
                  Metal parts include the upper reciever, outer barrel, rails and sights.

The folding, adjustable stock is a nice feature, although when folded it does leave the battery wiring exposed.
                  The rifle is pretty bare when it comes to trademarks and markings, with just the mk16 markings on the left hand side.

Features:

The we scar has a couple of nice features which can be found in most of the we aeg range.
                  The scar has an automatic spring release built in which occurs when the rifle is set to safe after use.
                  pulling the charging handle back reveals the hop unit, the scar has a functioning bolt release which is handy for hop adjustment, the bolt release is also functional and works very crisply.
                  Being an fn scar, the rifle has functional ambidextrous fire selectors and mag release buttons.

the scar comes with a built in front flip up sight and a rail mounted kac style buis.
                  This version is the standard mk16 so comes with a 16 inch outer barrel, however this does screw off enabling the user to switch back to the shorter barreled version.

The rifle is rear wired to the stock, there is a bit of space but i'd reccomend smaller lipo's, i.e stock tube or up to 7.4 1450's maximum.

performance:
                  As requested, this paticular rifle was blueprinted by jj of raptor airsoft and chrono'd at an aversage of 347 fps,
                  on a 7.4v lipo the rof was quite tasty without reaching silly speed.
                  with the hop adjusted and using .25 bb's the range out the box was very impressive, i'd guess at least 50-60 metres.

customisation options:
                  pretty much any 20mm ris additions due to the quad rail front end
                  most ar style pistol grips can be fitted, some may require modification

pro's:
                  lighter than comparative m4/ar variants
                  it's different, stands out amongst a sea of m4's ak's and g36's.
                  built in spring release and working bolt catch make maintainance and tuning simple.
                  bomb proof v2 we gearbox.

con's:
                  battery space is quite tight, i jammed a 7.4 2600 lipo in there and ended up having to wedge it out resulting in it breaking, smaller batteries/ more care are advised.
                  sling loops, for some reason fn have fitted the world most annoying sling loops, very few aftermaket slings will fit thourgh the loops.

conclusion:

in my opinion the scar is worth every penny.
                  pricewise its fairly competitive for what i consider to be a high end aeg. (G&p, ics etc)
                  the extra functions such as the spring release and bolt lock make it very simple to look after.
                  out the box (disregarding the spring change and switch to deans connectors as these can be done free of charge according to buyers request) the performance is very impressive, to the point i don't feel the need to upgrade it any time soon

since purchasing the rifle i have since ordered a tango down pistol grip, vert grip and magpul fire selectors, all of which are compatible with the we aeg, gbb and vfc scar variants

no pictures right now due to poor lighting,
                  any questions ask away
                  Is the range on this really 50m? I've seen statistics in Airsoft GI and they quote it at 130ft which is just shy of 30m.

I'd be grateful if someone could clarify / prove the stock range.

Comment

I would like to add on some input on the L variant.
                    - Paint on the fire selector, bolt release and sling loops are not particularly hard wearing, mine has quite a bit of bare metal showing. This is a minor gripe though.
                    - The range on mine is about 30m or so on .25s, but there is a possibility that I am just not getting the opportunity to engage at longer ranges thus far.
                    - Solid build quality so far, hardly and flex or wobble, which is always nice. The Upper feels really nice and the Lower feels pretty durable. Just reiterating what the OP said about how solid it feels, its that good!
                    - The buttstock pin on my model is particularly loose, it likes to come loose easily for some reason, so much so that mine fell out while I was running around in Swindon... Now I need to get a new one

Otherwise I do agree with everything the Original Poster has said about the AEG

Comment

The buttstock pin is the same on all SCAR models that I've seen. I have a VFC Scar H and the pin always comes loose.

I also found that the paint on metal parts were fairly flakey but everyone loves a weathered rifle

Comment

Still determined to get the Scar H lol
                        Was just wondering if they come with the barrel extension like the VFC Models. Like if I was to buy the Scar H with normal barrel length, will it have it on so I can then unscrew it and make the barrel shorter for CQB version.

Any info would be great.

Comment

I believe the H is the same as the L. My L has the extension, allowing me to cut it down to CQB length. These really are great rifles, especially given the price point. I've only seen one VFC Scar I'm person, and although I haven't had them side by side, I have to say the WE is as well built as the VFC.

Comment

From what I know, the differences between the H and L are mostly external. Do note, the WE SCAR-H takes its own proprietary magazines and hence, does not take VFC SCAR-H midcaps.

I am unsure about the WE SCAR-H and its inner barrel length though, the standard length SCAR-L has an inner barrel that is not long enough to reach the flash hider, but not short enough to be completely converted to a SCAR-L CQB. If it is the same, it would not be able to convert to SCAR-H CQB without the inner protruding from the outer barrel.

Comment

Yeah, new inner barrel is required, and if you want to switch back and forth you would need a new hop as well

On the plus side, it's literally a two minute job to change barrels, no tools needed, only one body pin to pop out.

Comment

is this still for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

army will Find out more about army will
                                Working...
                                X