X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: we scar l review (aeg)

Originally posted by Hornsey98 View Post
    is this still for sale
    Er, you can still buy it new, yes. If you meant the OP's rifle, it was a review, not a sales thread. Kinda given away by the titles and location of the thread 😜
    Last edited by RitchieTheBrit; 26 January, 2015, 14:29.

Comment

Hi great review and where about a did u perchase this gun from, thanks

Comment

Don't really want to hijack this thread but i did do a video review for those interested in this gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8uCFWr5rMw

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
          Don't really want to hijack this thread but i did do a video review for those interested in this gun
          Hey Shizbazki, just so you're aware, the has fake gas return adjuster with the torx head is used to release the outer barrel assembly.

Simply loosen all the torx bolts on the ris rails (they are spring, and shouldn't pop out) and you can slide the barrel assembly out of the front of the upper receiver, giving easy access to the inner barrel and hop up.

My SCAR arrived with a slightly loose barrel. Nipped the torx bolts up and its solid as a rock.

Comment

Oh cool i did not know this, the gun doesn't belong to me but was given to me by a friend in order to do some basic work on it, i never really mucked around with that part of teh gun so didn't know.

Comment

I was wondering why they supplied with when only a small amount of the bolts are torx, and what the bulges on the side behind the RIS was for. Checked the information on the real weapon, turns out it has a quick release barrel that works in exactly the same way, and those lugs are part of the rentention system. Nice attention to detail WE!

The rest of the review was great though Shiz, detailed and thorough. So often you see 'reviews' by airsofters that's basically just a list of reasons they 'really like this gun'. Good work!

Comment

Part two of the SCAR video, how to dis assemble the thing:

Hope you like it or its helpful

Comment

Finally nearly have all the funds to get the Scar H CQC. Can't wait to get it and will post a pic up once its here

Comment

Quick question to to the ppl that own this.

Just watched the vid ^^^ and he says the hop unit looks like its proprietary, is this true? The reason I ask is because I'm going to get the Scar H CQC version and was going to buy another hop unit and barrel and have the added extra of turning into a DMR with a mock suppressor on.
                    If I can't get another hop unit to fit then that idea is out of the question and totally gutted.

Comment

It appears to be true, the WE hop unit does look a little like the VFC unit, but I would say they are different enough to not be compatible. This is at least true on the L variant, I am unsure about the H variant if the hop unit is different.

To be fair, its simple enough to use the same hop unit, swapping the barrels out is easy enough :D I would at least suggest swapping out the bucking and nub to improve the hop on it, but match it to a decent inner.

Comment

Hi

I am the original creator of those videos and can say that the WE SCAR L hop up unit is not compatible with standard M4 hop up chambers, i would recommend that when you get your SCAR to replace the Hop up rubber and nub to improve performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                          Hi

I am the original creator of those videos and can say that the WE SCAR L hop up unit is not compatible with standard M4 hop up chambers, i would recommend that when you get your SCAR to replace the Hop up rubber and nub to improve performance.
                          Ha nice vids pal. I change the rubber and nub on all my guns I buy anyway dude, but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Finally.....
                            After waiting what felt like forever I have manged to get my hands on one from Milspec Solutions. Will post up a pic once my new lovely goodness has arrived.

Comment

You won't regret it dude!

Comment

what you go for the tan or black ? and his are a little different than stock scars :P
                                Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

army will Find out more about army will
                                Working...
                                X