G&P M4 magpul sentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&P M4 magpul sentry

Mine was firing at 370 but has dropped to 348, mine always seems to stick in semi so I find that if I keep it out full auto but do short controlled bursts it works really well
    sigpic

Comment

chronod at 360 at the weekend.

apparently you can raise the motor a fraction which can help with the locking (from LWA)

Comment

...and this doesnt make any difference.

Comment

heres a quick set up for battery installation. using a nun chuck 8.4v 1500mag battery
          take the stock from the rifle and disasemble, two screws are location under the stock adjustment lever. heres a picture of the parts:

to start i push one of the stick cells through the hole in the stock into the other side and put the connecter in the middle of the stock:

next you will want to put the storage bits back onto the stock. to do this secure them into place and as you can see in the picture the stock can hold 4 cells on each side so most certainly a 9.4v (this battery im using is 8.4 so 4 cells one side and the other 3 cells)

you will then need to screw the screws back on( one of the sceews is under the adjustment lever so you will need to hold this down while screwing it into place)

next install the stock back onto the tube and make sure you dont catch any wires. the connect the battery:

when stock is on adjustment 5:

hope this helps
          any more questions feel to ask
          Originally posted by FireKnife
          Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

Great post, just one question, the side compartments of the stock hold the battery in place? basically?

Dave

Comment

yes the compartments hold the battery in place saves you having to use tape or a eleastic band, iv seen alot of pictures of players with vltor style stocks using elastic bands to hold the compartments in place
              alot of players decide to use lipo in this rifle since its far more easy to change battery takes about 5 seconds since the battery is in the tube all you have to do is take the butt pad off disconnected currenct battery and install new one
              Last edited by Fabio; 2 June, 2010, 17:33.
              Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

Comment

This locking problem is annoying me. When you say locking do you mean you pull the trigger in semi and the gearbox locks audibly or do you mean you pull the trigger and nothing happens. I havent had this problem with my other two m4's...

Comment

by locking its normally when you are spamming the trigger on semi auto and it locks which goes into like the safe form and doesnt let you pull the trigger, and the only way to fix this is to change to auto let 1 or 2 shots off and go back to semi.
                  has happend with my last 2 m4's

Comment

Given the weight on the sentry would you recommend using a single point bungee sling?

Comment

to be honest iv been using one of the crap one point slings you get with chinese guns(d boys for me) and i havnt had a problem, but i am aiming to buy a magpul one point or something very soon. you can buy a extra adjustable sling hook to turn it into a 3 point which can also be adjusted if your a left hand shooter

Comment

I had this gun back in the day and it is a nice looking gun with good performance. I am looking to buy this one again but in gas version )I just love the rail and the design of it,so sexy haha
                        I will shoot you all.

Comment

the gas version would be pure awesomeness but £600 though :D

Comment

Hi guys just opened up my sentry. Very happy with it apart from the fact that the selector switch is fairly loose and the bolt is not seated correctly in the receiver. Did anyone else have these issues?

Comment

my selecter is a little loose not that much that iwould disasemble to fix.
                              the bolt for me sits ok but its slightly down

Comment

Just shot the gun. All i can say is wow. Running a 9.6v the ROF is literally stupid. Amazingly all my mags are keeping up. Second thing is that the hop up unit although stiff is extremely good. I am getting awesome accuracy and even better range. I shot some rounds into my field at a tree marked at 70 yards away(using a range finder). The bb's were pretty easily reaching that distance yet naturally accuracy was pretty useless at this range. I also have the locking problem and its annoying but only really happens if your trigger discipline is poor. All in all this is without a doubt the nicest looking and best performing gun i have ever used. Very happy!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fabio Find out more about Fabio
                                Working...
                                X