WE TECH SCAR review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE TECH SCAR review

I've never had that problem as I only buy from the UK. But point accepted that China styrofoam would be a small price to pay to have a more secure package. Out of interest do you save a lot of money when importing from China?

Comment

Sometimes you do sometimes you dont.
      When i brought my G39 i saved around £40 on UK retail when it did eventualy come to the UK.
      I think the same applied to my L85 but that was only a £20 or so saving.
      On others i have lost out, but when a gun isnt readily available in the UK personaly im happy to pay a little extra to bring it in.

I always look at UK retailer prices first if its available, then look at Asian retailers and compare the two, if its a decent amount cheaper then i will take the extra waiting time and buy from Asia.

Comment

Guys,

My SCAR arrived Friday of last week, and I am happy to report that so far none of the faults listed in this thread about the gun are present with mine.

I'm not sure if this was down to the retailer I bought it from, but the packaging on the inside was much improved from what has been depicted on here. Lots of bubble wrap and extra corrugate, as well as good polyethene wrapped around the RIF itself to protect from scratches. As such it arrived in A1 condition.

The adjustable stock on this is very stiff when you take it out of the box, I currently have it on setting 2 but I have tried it on all the others and it holds fine so WE have obviously improved this.

Mine doesn't have the FN markings so obviously there has been a bit of a trademarking issue with this gun, this does not bother me in the slightest however.

The recoil and the noise of this gun is EPIC. Mine has chrono'ed in at bang on 385 with propane so I would suggest people opt for the NPAS kit when placing an order otherwise you might as well be carrying a brick at most sites in the UK.

The build quality is fantastic. The first thing that struck me when taking it out of the box is how light it is, thanks to the aluminium upper and polymer lower just like the real steel (allegedly). The bolt operates with a lovely metallic snick snick though.

All in all, I love it. Cannae wait to skirmish it.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
          Sometimes you do sometimes you dont.
          When i brought my G39 i saved around £40 on UK retail when it did eventualy come to the UK.
          I think the same applied to my L85 but that was only a £20 or so saving.
          On others i have lost out, but when a gun isnt readily available in the UK personaly im happy to pay a little extra to bring it in.

I always look at UK retailer prices first if its available, then look at Asian retailers and compare the two, if its a decent amount cheaper then i will take the extra waiting time and buy from Asia.
          I'd second this, sometimes you are only really saving pennies and IMO it's not worth it if you have to go through the hassle of returning something as a.) Their consumer laws will be different to ours and b.) Any saving will be completely wiped out due to shipping costs to yourself if you need to return.

What I will say is however, that Asian retails often stock a lot of items that you simply cannot get in the UK, as a particular example KWA MP7 magazines and velocity reducers (low power bolts, flute valves or NPASes) and RA Tech valves for certain guns, sometimes you simply haven't the choice.

I bought my SCAR from Asia due to everything being available at a good price (even for pounds) and I wanted to experiment. As long as you budget for customs charges (a case of what, not if) and you are patient enough to wait two or so weeks, there are savings to be had.

Comment

Guys scratch what I said above, it's actually chronoing in at 320-330 FPS out of the box so mine at least is UK site friendly. I'd still fit a valve though for that odd occasion when we actually get some warm weather.

Sorry for the spam posts.
            Last edited by Olphy; 13 September, 2011, 17:11.

Comment

Can't really understand whats going on! I suddenly start liking guns I previously disliked.
              Scar is a case in point - I have just purchased a WE TECH Scar l in tan from a lad I skirmish with. He had owned it a few months, broke the one and only mag he had and has given up with it. So £100 later, and another £100 or so on upgrades - NPAS and a few RA-Tech bits and I'll be ready to go.
              Really looking forward to this, as tried a friends and its awesome. The blowback is superb, and the who sound experience = 1 very excited bunny

Looking for some extra mags if any of you guys know someone selling!

Any other advise or tips welcomed.
              'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jonny357 Find out more about Jonny357
              Working...
              X