sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping tactics

I have sniped as a pair and on my own. I found as a pair it was good. My spotter had an aeg so for anybody that was too close to engage with my sniper rifle, he would take them out. We would then break cover, covering each other as we moved out to find a new hide and then back to sniping.

But having said that, i prefer sniping on my own as i don't have to wait for anybody to catch up with me, i move better knowing that i don't have to worry about him stepping on a dry twig or something and making some noise. Plus there's that extra satisfaction when you score a hit in a group and they all stand there looking for you as you pick one off, one by one. :D

My kit list:
    Rifle: Warrior II L96
    Scope: Cheapo 4x 32
    Ammo: Devil .30's
    Backup: TM M92F
    Mags: 6 Sniper and 2 Pistol

Camo: Custom Ghillie Suit, Separate Hat.

Comment

never tried sniping as a pair, tho i may try it next weekend now there has been all this talk lol.

My kit list:
      Rifle: tm vsr-10 pro
      Scope: 3-9 x 32
      Ammo: black .30's
      Backup: 2 x glock 17
      Mags: 5 Sniper and 4 Pistol

Camo: custom Hat, small amount of ghillie over DPM's

Comment

what fps you running chris?
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

have sniped in a pair/team a few times,but only ever trusted one player to do the job properly the way i wanted.
          i find most people get to carried away taking shots,make to much noise ect.
          we both had bolt actions though,mine at 500 his at 350 for when someone entered my MED.

for kit i run

rifle-1-tanaka ltr at 500fps with various upgrades
          -2- tm vsr at 500fps with variouse upgrades(soon to be reduced to 350fps)
          scopes 1- g&p 3-12x50
          2-g&p 3-12x40
          bbs- extream .3g or madbull .4g(sgms when funds allow)
          sidearm-tm mk23
          extra kit 1-4x 10rnd mags
          2-2x20rnd mags

camo- multicam or felecktarn top
          ghilliesuits.com woodland trousers
          custom webtex vest

extra kit-used to carry a radio(now sold),and carry as little else as possible,to cut down on noise
          user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Alot of people have mentioned shooting with a stock 350 rifle to begin with. Learn more field craft ect. I also recomend taking out just your pistol for a few senarios per day as youll lern alot about how to move ect in order to get close enough to get kills with your pistol. And a pistol to me is key when sniping, if you cant relocate its always useful to know your pistol as well as your rifle. Personal opinion obviusly. This threat has been a great help, picked up a few little things that have helped no end. So a big thanks to all.

Curtis

Comment

my rifle runs at 500 fps but thinking of dropping it coz there's not that many sites that i can use it on around my area. And also forgot to mention on my kit list is occasionally i will take out an MP5K rather than a pistol and 3 mid-caps on the side of my leg. Has been sometimes more useful than a pistol. The only thing with that is, is slinging it when i'm moving or crawling. What a pain in the arse. But worth it when someone thinks they can creep up on you. And for some sites i will take a couple of motion alarms. Cheap to make and work a treat coz it scares the hell out of anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NULL
                ok i am preparing t get flamed for this but i love sniping alone and i have my mp3 in one ear and my raido in the other and just finde a good spot or a nice hidei-hole
                Wanted to do that for ages. Unfortunatly the only head phones I have are the massive ones I use when DJing got a feeling they would give the game away.

@ Andy2359 There is an item you can buy from a coloured wolf that you can atach to your belt or molle system if you run one that can hold SMG's in place with ha snap release on it that releases it for use as you need it. May be worth looking at. Sling me a PM and I'll dig the link for you.

Curtis

Comment

Speaking of rifles guys old Purcy here wants to get back into it proper style

so i have this argument

VSR 10 with TK twist barrel and 320 odd fps spring
                  VS
                  KJW M700 stock

what will range further.

Comment

Id be tempted to say the VSR 10 the TK twist barrels optimum efficiancy is reached around the 320 mark and starts to seariusly lose preformance over 350. Personal oppinion any ways mate.

Curtis

Comment

• Re: sniping tactics

Yep well aware about the fps limits for the twist barrel

but will i get the same sort of range but higher speeds with the m700 though thats why i posed the question

Comment

I guess that depends how high your going to take the fps and what inner barrel youll be using. Cant realy offer much more advice than that with out a few more details on M700.

Curtis

Comment

The m700 has issues with upgrading the barrel, it takes VSR hop up parts and (apparently) barrels but the issue is the barrel is HUGE and you will end up having to import a 115$ barrel .

you can upgrade the plates etc with king arm striker plates for higher fps etc

other than the hop up im not sure what else you can do to it.

Comment

I would probably say the VSR.

Curtis

Comment

Ok mate cool cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SAPPERSAM
                                I shoot for Southampton uni and as to miniutes up down and wind-age you have no need what so ever in Airsoft, you need a rifle and the marksmanship that can keyhole at the range your wanting to e making huts at, get an AEG haha snipers are a slight waste of time in my own mind with the limitations on fps.. however if you had the power and could use like .5g bbs it might make it more effective!!!! (without being slanderous to the thread). get ghillied up with a good AEG is just as effective if not more!

e.g.. G&G M14 with a scope of nothing more than 3x9x42. ideal.

and with regards to shooting a 303. at 200 yards and not hitting anything that's outstanding considering they were touching the 800m maek in ww1 with SMLES!!!!

and remember concealment first, the definition of a sniper is anyone shooting at you that you cant see.....
                                If your going to get ghillied up with an AEG I do hope its a single shot only one. Hole point of sniping should be 1 shot 1 kill. Some one feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I dont think the FPS limitations render snipers usless, remember mate there put there for your protection more than anything else. It is a sport/hobbie after all were not actualy trying to inflict serious harm on one another.

Curtis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X