sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

its a bit of both really mate. I generally play at the rock - so I thought I'd give it a go.

there are a few places where it could potentially be quite effective. but I'm not spending much money on it. - all the stuff that is going on it I either found or got given for free. :D

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Fair enough pal would love some pictures be it action or not if you do go ahead with the plan!!.

Will get a pic up on Wednesday of my sniper gear
      (well dpms ghillie rifle hydration pack,done lol)
      I don't carry load bearing, no need but i might put my SAAV on to see how it looks.

Also rifle will be naked since im waiting on my krylon still. but you all will get the idea.
      As well as my ghillie, it will only have the hessian on.

Comment

sweet - I look forward to it.

mac
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
          Yeah that did come to mind actually - Im putting materials together for a dessy ghillie atm which will be based on a tan coloured curtain I got from a salvation army shop for a quid! :D

a snow ghillie is very much on the back burner atm - last sunday is the only time I have ever needed one - but it would have been brilliant to have.

cheers
          mac
          Nice to see Im not the only one whothought of that then. Shame theres no were localy wear dessy gear would be useful as Id love to own some. Good luck on the new ghillie prodject I look forward to seeing how that comes out.

Curtis

Comment

Experiencing urban sniping with my VSR for the first time tomorrow..

Twist barrel is in, barrel spacers + airseal mods are done! firing a smooth 320 on 0.2's, and 270 ish on the .28's!

CAnt wait, im sure itl work really well, GZU has plenty of small windows that can be shot into from a long way away!

Comment

did you upgrade the spring mate?
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I didnt, but I think the bore on the twist is slightly tighter!

Comment

how about this for snowy conditions http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/ishop/853/shopscr603.html

Comment

That does look an awful lot like a big white sheet, Im sure you oculd sorce them from else were for les than £10 plus postidge.

Curtis

Comment

I have a VSR and a DMR AEG

With a site max of 400fps for semi AEG and 350 for full auto, How much more umph does 50 FPS give you? I'm tempted to drop to 350 on my DMR just so i hose people when needed. Then use my VSR for longer range stuff

what do you think

Comment

keep you aeg at 350 and make sure you have a good hop unit.

it isn't all about power. - my 250fps vsr can make kills out to 40m with ease - so make sure you have a good hop unit and use slightly heavier bb's - say .25 and you will get the kills.

what is your site limit for the vsr?
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

500fps for single action guns

Comment

Power doesnt equal pen15 length bud. My old marui PSG-1 was stock and that was giving the 400fps single shot monsters a run for there money on range and acuracy. Id recoment keeping the DMR closer to 350 invest in a good hop and a heavyer bb.

Curtis

Comment

ok cool. - is that what your vsr is running at?

I am currently looking into upgrading my vsr when funds allow it. personally I am not going to go any higher than 350fps as I don't have to worry about engagement distances.

what are your plans migwar?
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Mine started as a Bar10 only managed a Tm tightbore and improved hop up, along with all the homemade tweaks, i expect around 380 at the moment, I want to 450 eventually but thats expensive if you want reliability as well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X