• Re: sniping tactics

cheers macka, will bear that in mind
    BOOM!

Comment

no probs mate. all the best

Mac
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Back to the laser designation of targets, I have had mixed experiences with this, using a green visible daylight laser I picked up on ebay (goes for about 3k at night, 1k in the day) for £35. Anyway, as I had a M14 (with a 6.01 inner barrel new hop and the guarder FTK and 8 hours of work done on it by the famous Tackleberry or Dr X however you know him) which was locked to semi and when I was with my spotter who just runs a standard AEG it worked very well both at a desert site and a woodland one as my reaction times with my rifle are pretty quick so even if the target did see the laser he already had 2 bbs (I always double tap) flying towards him, however I recommend using the laser at 60m+, 80m being ideal as this is well out of range of your average AEG.

However, when using a friends highly upgraded VSR I had mixed results, at very long distances 80m+ and if not seen it was amazing, but distances below that we were always spotted and slotted or the target had time to move to cover.

Anyway, I think it is worth it if you are running semi but not bolt action, and only if you are engaging at long distances.

That's my opinion take it or leave it.
        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

I was going to get pics of my kit done tonight but the weather has gone shite so I can't take them outside as I had planned.
          I'll get them up soon chaps.
          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
            I was going to get pics of my kit done tonight but the weather has gone shite so I can't take them outside as I had planned.
            I'll get them up soon chaps.
            Looking forward to it, this is my most watched thread on this forum, I am always checking it hoping for updates lol, should have my M4 DMR done soon so will put some picks up then, thinking of the Leapers 5th Gen 4x32 CQB MilDot scope:

What do you think?

Comment

looks good to me matey. you won't go wrong with a 4x32.

that's what I have on my rifle (might be a 4x40) can't remember lol.
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                Looking forward to it, this is my most watched thread on this forum, I am always checking it hoping for updates lol, should have my M4 DMR done soon so will put some picks up then, thinking of the Leapers 5th Gen 4x32 CQB MilDot scope:

What do you think?
                If your going for looks, totally looks the business You might want to go for a x40 or maybe x50 objective if your playing in woodland to pick up just that little bit more light and giving a much brighter picture
                BB
                Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

so how do you guys camo your hands then?

I have worn gloves in the past. - not sure I fancy doing that in summer though.
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Nomex flight gloves in OD works for me, provides decent protection on the hands when crawling and are very comfortable to wear

The OD camo works okay, atleast compared to if i have bare hands with some camo paint on and i mistakely place them in some stingy nettles when crawling
                    I think the quick movement of pulling my hands back would blow my cover more then the OD couler

Comment

lol - I tore up my pinky on some brambles the other day. - not so fun!

I'm mega busy at the moment so this picture kit list is taking a back seat I'm afraid guys.

for now you will have to do with an updated written list:

Vsr10 with 4x scope. + elastic loops and some hessian. (basic flash eliminator on the scope. - but I'm looking to improving this.
                      bipod if I'm feeling lazy.
                      one mag (anyone got another one they can give me at GZ this sunday? :P)
                      speed loader + a small bag of bbs

glock 18 with two mags - currently holstered on th eback of my thigh. (we'll see how that goes on sunday)

ghillie suit - full three piece suit.

I'll also be taking the following

3lt camelback under my ghillie with the drinking tube threaded down one arm of my ghillie for easy access and keeping it concealed.

1 pair of secateurs

1 snickers bar

All the best lads

Mac
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Which team are you playing on at the weekender? Answer right and I may lend you a mag :P Also if you have any technical difficulties come and see me, your rifle will go straight to the front of the queue, even in front of my own, my way of saying thanks for the guide.

I should be running my DMR at the weekender if all does to plan.

Comment

lol - a kind offer mate.

tbh - unless I can walk on, on sunday I won't be at the weekender as I am wayyyyyyyy too skint! lol.

will be there this sunday though - playing for the right team - Bravo :D

all the best mate

Mac
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

sniping is like a predator hunting humans hehe it's wicked making some people shocked where are they getting shot, i say get a few people then move to a different area so you are always keeping up and harder to find

here's most of my gear for sniping

what you guys think

Comment

Originally posted by kinglemon View Post

here's most of my gear for sniping

what you guys think
                              A few pointers? The scrim on your rifle - rip it up. Make it frayed so you lose the outline of the rifle some more.

Your head & shoulders is the most recognisable silhouette on your body. If you can't afford a full ghillie, attach some scrim/dyed hessian on your jungly & let it fall over your shoulders.

Your mask too. It's fine obviously but it's got a lot of unnatural lines & edges. Hide these with more scrim or hessian. Even spraying could help.

Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

cheers for the advice will sort something out

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X