sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

controlling ones breathing can be of use as is lowers the heart rate and thus makes you more steady.

but as said - the effects are minimal for airsoft.

knowing how to adjust for windage is a bigger advantage imo.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
      knowing how to adjust for windage is a bigger advantage imo.
      yes definately, having the ability to read the wind well is an excellent skill to have!
      BB
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

windage and distance i've found to be the most important ones to get nailed down.. breathing control definitly helps and is much more noticable when shooting from prone!

and an easy one that's over looked also is the angle of the shot (ie up or down hill) it can have quite some effect, especially at longer distances.

re an earlier question on gloves, i've found that viper (yes i said viper) tactical gloves are actually pretty good. I've cut the index finger and thumb of both hands (for doing fiddly work in the field and of course trigger feel etc) and because they aren't waterproof they fade really well and take on colour so look amazingly natural.. the velcro on the wrist can be a pain with ghillie suits but that's a small niggle... oh and dont foget to cam creme the fingers and thumbs on show!!
        http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

Though about cam creaming the gloves if they take on colour?

Comment

I've tried it, and they do take the colour well.. though ends up making the grip greasy with he cam creme rubbing off..

I might give them a blast with some krylon and weather it in a little bit..

Comment

Easiest way i know of zeroing a scope is start off the same way make a target am bang on the center (best is to use some sort of clamp to keep the un dead still)

aim through scope make sure your centered take your shot now where ever the pellet hits move your elevation clicks untill the reticule has moved from the center onto the pellet hole (you should not moe the gun at all whilst doing this as moving the wheels will move the reticule.) after your reticule is now over the pellet hole move it back to the center and shoot again you will be alot closer to the center of the target and just repeat untill your dead accurate =]

Good luck guys and i still mantain in a ghillie aslong as your not moving your invisible XD
              Originally Posted by balaclava ben
              i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
              sigpic

Comment

bit late to join the topic, but I tend to stay behind lines and wait to be called up in case any of the "squads" need a sniper to pop off some long shots.

If I dont get called up, I just go off to the nearest objective and try to support the people fighting there.

Comment

Thats an aproach I see quite alot in the field. It seems to work well for alot of people. I enjoy being more pro active as a sniper, after all you out range 90% of the players out there and if your good with your pistol you can seriusly contest for objectives. Especialy if you in a light load out.

Curtis

Comment

i've found snipers in airsoft either tend to be used like this (called up to out range and take out a specific target) or more of the Recon/Scout role where they're up front, lightweight and reporting back..

either one is great fun, but completely different game styles.. think i (just) prefer the sneaky beaky scouting roles..

Comment

lets get a few more ghillie pics and stuff up eh guys? still not got round to doing mine yet.

Mac
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Just got meself a DSR1, bit heavy for running around with, like the tactic of being called up to take out dug in folk..lol

Ghillie pics. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Riotharmus View Post
                          i've found snipers in airsoft either tend to be used like this (called up to out range and take out a specific target) or more of the Recon/Scout role where they're up front, lightweight and reporting back..

either one is great fun, but completely different game styles.. think i (just) prefer the sneaky beaky scouting roles..
                          That is the role I prefer as well. Just out of intrest what load out do you run for this and do you prefer to work alone or with a partner?

Curtis

Comment

i run a belt rig with more than enough on it..

Prefer to work with someone, to be honest the more i've done it the more i prefered to be the "spotter" rather than the sniper.. but having someone there with an AEG to cover any close encounters is very useful

Comment

A scope set up image ,i did try to upload a few ghillie images but there alreay on the boards

So two scopes

Mtc viper scb reticule

Reticule image of genuine leupold x10 (circa 1976 rare as fook )

Comment

stay hidden, take shots when its not likely for you to be detected, radio back information on enemy movements to your team sorted
                                PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X