X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

get the head and shoulders ghillie mate

only 35 quid from a few sites

age it abit for the sites you play on and perfect after attaching local foliage

for rifle as said , rip the scrim net up , mix a few lighter and darker shades into it do looks more bushy

for your gear , ditch the mask to be honest ,

good old cam cream properly done will be better , with mesh goggles , bonnie and DPM gear

as long as you keep still if people are danger close ( less then 10m ) then will be fine

relax when aiming so not to over squeeze,
    shot on the out breath so heart rate at lowest ,
    do NOT pull the shot , as will be off and a missed shot
    keep radio silence or realy low if using comms
    move slowly and not stomp , watch where you are walking for hard materials so can avoid

happy hunting

Comment

ye i always only take a shot if i can hit a person ( and the area i play at not much threes / those kinda bushes ) only bushes to be honest so i dont need the ghille

Comment

On the rifle thing . . .

This is my M24 SOCOM (Which will be up for sale as of NEXT Saturday ). I bought a rifle ghillie off the internet. It turned up & was that synthetic crap. it was all stripped off & the length of green elastic was all that remained. I attached strips of hessian to it & wrapped it along the length of the rifle. A scrim net was attached to the scope & 'built up' to hide my face from the front (A trick I learnt off the film 'Sniper' lol). Leaving the ejection port clear (Not because I like to think I'm at war & pretending a empty casing might fall out lol, this way it doesn't get caught in the working parts ). A very effective camouflaging system that has worked out very well for me in the 2 times I've used the rifle (Hence the sale lol).
        Originally posted by The Laughing Man
        Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

oh just lay the netting on top let it drop coolio

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
            shot on the out breath so heart rate at lowest ,
            is that how you were trained mate?

Kinglemon - all good advice above. - rip up your scrim netting a bit. Milzy's picture is a great example of how to cam up a rifle.

notice the outline of the gun is completely gone! - gunna have to alter mine a bit tonight!

also - you kit seems a bit dark - or is that the photo? - a head and shoulders ghillie would sort you out.

all the best
            Mac
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

OUTBREATH--- what every marksman is told mate , as the out breath lets the body fully relax before shooting , and also the rifle is in its natural resting position not lowered or raised as it is when your breathing in.

Comment

ye i think we get the point guard lol :p only take a shot if you know you can hit him

Comment

I was taught to shoot on the out breath as well, but told to hold it for a second or two then exhale and shoot.

Comment

try it , if you hold the rifle properly and shouldered right also

aim at a level item and breath in , you will see the cross hairs dipas your diaphram pulls your chest down ,
                    then release breath slowly and shoot half a second before you breath in again

Comment

yeah sorry I'm being a total tool. for some reason I thought you meant during breathing out.

not that it's been a long day or anything! lol

I was taught out breath too.

I'll go back to bed.
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

breathing cycle that Lt Macka was ref to is natural respiratory pause, Just a tip someone may of already said this but dont add too much berlap to your ghille about 75% max use shoe glue to fix your net and tie your burlap on fix elastic loop to your ghillie too as you wanna use veg from around the grounds your playing at, this is what will make you hard to spot. think about shap shadow and shine to help you in becoming harder to find.. Have fun

Comment

I've learnt that remembering heart rate, breathing, wind speed and weather really helps to pick shots in the distance.

Comment

I can't really see that making much difference in airsoft, but I'll wait for macka or guard-sniper to correct me. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
                              I can't really see that making much difference in airsoft, but I'll wait for macka or guard-sniper to correct me. :D
                              techniques such as controlling your heart rate and shooting when you breath out are certainly techniques that will not help you at all whilst airsofting, there are simply too many other factors that will affect accuracy. however all the techniques mentioned are very good practice especially if you are considering taking up full bore rifle shooting
                              BB
                              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

awsome job guys havent read all post could be there for hours but very informatave just zeroed my sight its a bum
                                it is only a game BUT IM STILL GONA KILL YOU

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X