Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Originally posted by Ovany View Post
    A scope set up image ,i did try to upload a few ghillie images but there alreay on the boards

So two scopes

Mtc viper scb reticule

Reticule image of genuine leupold x10 (circa 1976 rare as fook )
    ovany,
    i have owned everything single mtc scope in the past, all vipers, mambas of all magnifications, and in every single one have experienced 'white out' when looking just a few millimetres off centre of the scope when looking through it, do you have the same problem?
    BB
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

No the viper i have is up there with the peupold , awesome bit of glass if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by danhc View Post
        stay hidden, take shots when its not likely for you to be detected, radio back information on enemy movements to your team sorted
        lol did you read the op?
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

What about camo for the rifle, does it make the differnts?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy-R View Post
            What about camo for the rifle, does it make the differnts?
            sure does big man.

A rifle is a very distinctive shape - and certainly not one which appears in nature.

The human eye is drawn to such things. - eg the shape of a rifle, the shape of a person.

breaking up the pattern will help you hide yourself.

Mac
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

just got asked for a fairly brief summary via pm - thought I'd put what I said up here:

ell first off you need to re-read what I've put in the sniper tactics thread. there is some good advice in there.

but basically remember the 5 S's

Shape
              Shine
              Shadow
              Silhouette
              sound
              + movement

Break up your human outline if you can - a few bits of grass stuffed into your webbing or ghillie will do. - also try and break up the outline of your rifle. - what colour is it? - a bit of light green scrim netting works well - or attach a trouser leg from an old set of bdu's

shine- try to have no shiny equipment on your person. - it it is a sunny day beware of glare from your scope

shadow - stay in them as much as possible. - you will be harder to spot.

silhouette - don't stand at the top of hills - stay low to the ground and below the ridge line.

sound - be quiet. - you will be surprised how easy it is to stay hidden if you don't move and keep quiet. - I once hid right behind a boulder with 3 guys the other side - no one noticed until I stood up firing :P

movement - stay low stay slow! - the human eye is drawn to movement. - let you eyes go out of focus in a forest or even a quiet street. - you will be drawn to any movement (that's the hunter in us )
              crawl along on your belly as much as you can - try to only move an inch or two then stop for a few moments - until you are sure it is ok to continue.

take your time with your shots. - you will probably get excited and start blapping away at the first person you see. - but try to keep calm.

only fire when you can be sure you will hit your man.

if there is more than one of them make bloody sure you do not move after your first shot - chances are they didn't see you and the surprise that a buddy just got shot by a sniper will most likely make them hit the ground = you have them pinned.

atb
              Mac
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

hehe sorry macka my bad not looking at this post first :p

Comment

it was first written out for the pm I sent to you. :P
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

yep sorry for all the hassle hehe hope i get some noobs this sunday sniping

Comment

Right, might be joining you guys again... Bought an SR25 before the end of last year and sold it on - didn't like sniping. (As I write that, the chances are I'm not going to like it this time either!)

Anyhow, got an SR25 up and running, and because she's not quite as quiet as my TM M14, well in fact, she's bloody loud - can anyone offer me any tips?

I'm thinking about taking a well covered area as my OP and setting up a trip mine perhaps 15, 20 metres tops in front of me.?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

is that using one of those crazy 12g tripmines that give you concussion and make your ears bleed :P
                        BB
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

haha :D

Comment

lol Ben aint that you aiming to make someone bleed, kidding bud and gaffa i think in my opinion sniping is the best as you get to see the targets face in shock right after you get them at a 50m-60m range and if there aeg's only range at 45m then it would be a laugh zooming into the scope at their faces to see the expresitions they will pull.

That would be hilarious as this can really irritate people and they can not even see you which is a a huge laugh thats what i say as it is quite funny, if i was laying down and sniping and take someone out at a 50m range i would roll around laughing after i have seen the guys face.

LOL :p ye snipers rule at range hehe

Comment

Gaffa - why would you set a trip mine in front of you mate?

surely you would have most things covered in front of you with the SR25? (sweet btw)

how about putting the mine on your most vulnerable side?

then a side arm and you should be pretty set.

Mac
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Id recomend the TFLX ringpull grenade and some fishing line to make a nice trip mine. I would put it as Mac has stated on your most vunrable side or on the route that will be easyest to get to your position. Tho SR25 lovley choice man.

Cutris

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X