Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
    best thing i find you can do is always stick to the very edge of the gaming zone where you cant be flanked dig in and make sure you have good cover
    a sensible strat.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I was going to write up a side arm post today but I'm off getting pashed.

So I'll do it in the new year. :D

What are you lot using?

Mac
      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

for side arms?
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

aye.
          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

CYMA glock 18 because I dont have anything better.... That'll be replaced soon enough though

Comment

TM 4.3 Hi-Capa
              Originally posted by jonnyhal
              For Sale: very nice heavy springer
              Originally posted by soulflame2
              when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

hi there im about a third of the way through making a rifle ghillie for my M4... so far ive cut the hessian so i can drape it over and the carry handle and front sight can poke through... its already looking good... so im wondering should i use camo meterial and string alone or should i also attach some elastic to it to attatch vegetation... i suppose it wouldnt hurt... and ive got rolls and rolls of hessian so i can start again if i need to... i will post pics soon... (like monday :P)
                New to airsofting... but i know my way around

Comment

my side arm is my maxed out tm p90 aha! i made a custom sling for it so it hangs off my molle perfectly out the way
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by FateOfHat View Post
                    hi there im about a third of the way through making a rifle ghillie for my M4... so far ive cut the hessian so i can drape it over and the carry handle and front sight can poke through... its already looking good... so im wondering should i use camo meterial and string alone or should i also attach some elastic to it to attatch vegetation... i suppose it wouldnt hurt... and ive got rolls and rolls of hessian so i can start again if i need to... i will post pics soon... (like monday :P)
                    sounds good matey. - attaching vegetation certainly wouldn't hurt. just make sure you are breaking up the outline as much a possible and it doesn't just look like a rifle with stuff attached.

all the best

Mac
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Right then - Side arms:

You do not NEED a side arm. I was fine without one for quite a while.

If you are running a high powered rig it is advisable for you to have a side arm so you can engage targets within the Min Engagement Distance.

There are two general side arm options open to you as you all know.

Pistols
                      SMG's

you could also have an assault rifle with you like the real lads but for airsoft it is unnecessary weight.

Pistols:

Two types - Blow back and Non Blow back

Non blow back pistols are much quieter as they don't have a working slide - this is great for sneaky kills. - the only draw back is that they are generally quite low powered. so you have to be quite close.

A very popular exception to this is the MK23 - great gun - extremely accurate and very quiet. - it can even take a gspec barrel for uber accuracy.

Blow backs have a moving slide - as such they are much louder and will give away your position. so bear that in mind when using it for close up stuff.

I can't really recommend a pistol to you as I have only ever had 3. I had two M9's, a Glock 18c and currently a hi-capa which IMO is the best of the lot :D
                      Though I will say the ones I've had are all pretty good - the G18 should be an excellent back up weapon as the full auto function really does scare the shit out of people.

I find that I cannot shoot very well with pistols at all - in fact I was often lucky to hit the floor if I fell over using a pistol.

So it comes back to practice again - get in your back garden and set up some realistic size targets - no need to be shooting tin cans with your pistol. - an A4 or even A5 bit of paper is a suitable target.

if you can put two rounds into that in quick succession then you will be fine. but practice practice practice!!!

SMG's:
                      These are another option to you, of those you are probably looking at a handful of models.

P90
                      MP5K
                      MP7
                      Mac
                      Scorpion

Not sure about the Mac and the scorpion - not heard much about them. - and personally if you are going down that route you would be better off getting a pistol IMO.

The P90, MP5K and MP7 are all good guns. - and they have the advantage that you can tuck them into your shoulder and use it like a rifle - which means increased accuracy = more killage = you surviving. However they are bigger and heavier.

The issue with these guns is how do you comfortable mount them without them getting in the way.
                      The mp5 and mp7 can be mounted in a leg holster but I imagine this is quite annoying??
                      Personally I'd have it in a 1 point sling around my back.

It really depends on your personal preference for side arms. - some people like having the added firepower of an smg - others don't. I like pistols personally so I can't really make a recommendation.

Can't think what else to say about them really.

atb
                      Mac
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Personally i prefer a Mk.23 for being sneaky. although love how naturally a glock seems to feel and aim in your hand also but then you get into blow backs and giving your position away.
                        Generic boring Sig that is duly ignored.

Comment

i snipe all the time and what i normally do is not so much work in a pair but have my friend with a aeg go about 2m-3m away from me and just try and take targets that i dont spot and have gotten to close.

Comment

lets go back to page one shall we as I've noticed quite a few people making posts which sound like they haven't actually read the thread through.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34112
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                              When i get my sniper rifle at GZW next sunday ill be camping the large road out the back near the dead zone, its my only tactic lol

Watch out n00bz.
                              Spawnkiller

Comment

I use a 1 point sling round my neck with mp5k with no stock on

Originally posted by Metalbody
                                pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X