sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping tactics

im thinking of rebuilding mine tbh - i built it a few years back and the netting was just crappy fish landing nets i had in the garage.

its looking a bit bedraggled these days.

saying that the base is solid as a rock - bought a smock for £2 - patched the odd hole and added some elbow pads and canvas on the chest. + a load of elastic. its pretty damn effective when you put in a bit of veg.

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I have to say that using old combats are a good source for suits. I had a couple of old pairs that i used on mine but, didn't have enough really for the whole suit. But then i had a brain storm! Just went down to the the army cadets unit and asked someone down there if they had any old combats that they were throwing out, (obviously explaining what i needed them for). Was asked to come back the following week and hey presto i had 2 black bags of old combats that they were throwing out. But what even better when i got the lot back, i had all kinds of stuff. No.2 shirts, normal green shirts, green woollen jumpers, and lots of old 95 combats, cold weather combats, and even the old cold weather suits. It took a while to sort it all out but when it was on the suit it didn't look to bad. I'll post a piccy later. So if you want to try the old combat look out without breaking the bank try your nearest cadet unit.

Comment

Looking forward to the pictures mate

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2359 View Post
          I have to say that using old combats are a good source for suits. I had a couple of old pairs that i used on mine but, didn't have enough really for the whole suit. But then i had a brain storm! Just went down to the the army cadets unit and asked someone down there if they had any old combats that they were throwing out, (obviously explaining what i needed them for). Was asked to come back the following week and hey presto i had 2 black bags of old combats that they were throwing out. But what even better when i got the lot back, i had all kinds of stuff. No.2 shirts, normal green shirts, green woollen jumpers, and lots of old 95 combats, cold weather combats, and even the old cold weather suits. It took a while to sort it all out but when it was on the suit it didn't look to bad. I'll post a piccy later. So if you want to try the old combat look out without breaking the bank try your nearest cadet unit.
          awesome! i love it when stuff like that happens!

pics would be good.

its pretty obvious where i am in the above pic but thats the only over grown bit in my garden lol.
          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

In all seriousness here do any of you have any knowledge in metric, MIL or MOA (minutes of angle) measurements?

looking at optics at the moment and i cant find guides explaining them.

Comment

http://riflestocks.tripod.com/moa.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_of_arc

i don't really thing you need to be worrying about that at these ranges.

you don't really need a mil-dot scope but i believe you can calculate the distance to target using them. but its an awful lot of maths and hassle. lol.

that's why it is good to practice range estimation.

i was pretty bored this evening so i put a new cheek pad on my rifle because it didn't sit right.

- adjusting your rifle to suit you is a good idea - if you have to crane your head to see through the sights you aren't in a good position.

i just taped on some thick foam to raise my cheek slightly.

mac
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Its partly for another hobby im delving in to (LRM) im aware that you wont need the knowing of calculations etc, only really for zero

Comment

If we are still talking about airsoft i dont think you need to use MOA or a bullet drop comensator etc, further were shooting from is a few hundred feet.

Comment

AcheekymonkeyUK yea for airsoft you dont need to worry about any of that, it was mainly to see if people knew anything on here since there are ex MOD etc on here.

Does anyone know about any custom stocks you can stick gas uppers in (m700 uppers mainly) or maybe even real stocks?
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 8 February, 2010, 07:19.

Comment

you can fit real steal m700 style stocks to tanaka rifle with moddifications.
                      i wouldnt expect it to be the easiest of jobs though.
                      if you want a wood stock just the ltr version, its lovely
                      user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Bisley mate in the process of doing my NRA probation so im still a grass hopper.

would love to learn a few things off you as well

Comment

What film ?? if it is a film is that from BravoTwoZero mate? regarding the minimalistic ghillies
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 8 February, 2010, 07:19.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                            Bisley mate in the process of doing my NRA probation so im still a grass hopper.

would love to learn a few things off you as well
                            nice one, i started a few years ago through the air cadets using a l81A2 (M81). got into the NI team a while back ( although im staff now lol). got the 100 badge last time i was at the bisley comp :D. kinda puts airsoft into perspective when your shooting over 600m with 7.62 rounds lol !

Comment

Originally posted by chriscam10 View Post
                              nice one, i started a few years ago through the air cadets using a l81A2 (M81). got into the NI team a while back ( although im staff now lol). got the 100 badge last time i was at the bisley comp :D. kinda puts airsoft into perspective when your shooting over 600m with 7.62 rounds lol !
                              is that open sights mate? or with a scope?

when i did the full bore stuff it was with a .303 bolty P14. great fun but didn't hit much past 200yrds. lol.

its a shame we can't get that kid of range with airsoft. - then sniping would be more realistic.

all good fun though.
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

lol, where do you normally play Macka by the way?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X