sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping tactics

don't get to play a great deal these days because of funds and uni. when im back in dorset i tend to hunt more than play airsoft.

i either play at the rock or at GZ - though will be doing a lot at GZ this summer.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

what about when your in scotland? may have bumped into you before
      user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

played at section 8 a few times. but didn't find the site any good imo.

going to try out airsoft asylum at some point in the future - which probably won't be for a while as my airsofting flatmate just broke his leg. lol.

but on the plus side i have a shite load of time to play about with my kit.
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

yeah i didnt like section 8,as its too dence for sniping.
          asylum ,ive only played once aswell,but that was the oppositeto section 8.
          its far to open i found even .43g bbs were geting dragged of target by the amount of wind.

its normal the fort i play at(when it was open,its currently closed)

Comment

yeah it is a bit dense at S8. - i just didn't like the site - thought it was very badly run.
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I sniped for the 1st time last weekend at gunman, and honestly i was dog S***, but as said many times before i no i have to go back home wait and keep trying and practicing at different distances to see what the rifle does (spin left at 30m etc etc) and then and only then after months i might be able to say I'm OK at sniping. but its true noobs may think oh yh I'm going to be a sniper and think you can just look through the scope see your target squeeze and hit, this is sooo not the case but hey each to there own.

Comment

newbieC you was laughing at me and that was a rather poor attempt at covering it after i shot you down because you had no reason to laugh other than band wagon so you have been reported for trolling.

reported to be cleaned etc.

Ghost it takes time to learn what your doing it aint like cod4 there are actually quite a few variables in airsoft sniper shooting similar to that in real life, maybe not clicks of scopes etc, but wind and bb (bullet) weight all play a part

Comment

aye - thing with airsoft is that there are so many variables it can be a pain in the arse.

you can have it shooting perfectly straight then get one fly left then another fly right. etc etc.

have a read of the stuff i have written - it should be of use to you mate.
                  if you really go into it - there is a lot more to it than just point and shoot.
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

as i tell everyone wanting to start sniping, start with a stock rifle, not a 500fps rifle.
                    if you start with a stock-350fps rifle you wont rely on range like 90% of boltaction users do.
                    you will learn how to shoot and will learn ALOT more field craft as you will have to rely on it to get closer,without being seen or heard.

to me being a sniper isnt having a boltaction or a long range rifle its about being able to use your fieldcraft to engage targets without being see or taken out.
                    relaying info that will help your team or taking important targets out that others cant get.
                    to many people beleave using a boltaction at 500fps makes them a sniper it doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                      is that open sights mate? or with a scope?

when i did the full bore stuff it was with a .303 bolty P14. great fun but didn't hit much past 200yrds. lol.

its a shame we can't get that kid of range with airsoft. - then sniping would be more realistic.

all good fun though.
                      nice one its scoped lol, dnt think i could even hit the target at that range with the iron sights lol. ive even got a spoter to constantly change the scope for wind. its amasing how much the wind can have an effect

only older rifle ive had practice with is a .22 No.8 riffle. its like a water pistol wen it went off tho, more kick in my GBB pistol. Although saying that, its 100x more accurate than the current version of the SA80.

Comment

yeah? i thought the sa80 was pretty good when i used it.

its quite cool using the irons but the actual target we were shooting at was huge! lol.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Was shooting the sa80 a2 at jersey camp with both iron sights and susat, ended up having better results with the iron sights

Comment

how random. i thought it was pretty damn accurate when i was using it. maybe your susat wasn't set up properly.

oh well.
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I am still interested to hear from people who snipe in a pair.

do you both snipe? or do you use the spotter/sniper team? do you switch about? etc etc.

lets also get a kit list up.

Rifle: TM VSR 10
                              Scope: cheapo 4x 32
                              Ammo: .25's
                              Backup: none
                              Mags: 1

Camo: custom ghillie suit, two piece construction with dpm base. separate hat.

additional kit: £3 pen knife, munchies.
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

i prefer to snipe alone but have sniped in a pair before

my kit

gun: tanaka m24 with 3.5-10 x 40 m3 scope

side arm: tm mk23

camo: i use flecktarn as my base layer and i also use a web-tex concealment vest.

additional kit:i take spare ammo and water and depends on game style maybe some food.
                                Last edited by snipertom; 12 February, 2010, 13:29. Reason: spelling

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X