• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "squad" sizes

Shouting works quite well ... .
    I did use my mobile once or twice until it nearly got shot >.<
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Re: &quot;squad&quot; sizes

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
      Shouting works quite well ... .
      I did use my mobile once or twice until it nearly got shot >.<

lol well we now know where and how much you get shot lol

and lol why a mobile lmao waste of credit and might get smashed to peices lol

hand signal i think is best as its quiet and if you have a sniper you can see him from a long range doing hand signals lol

(im a sniper ) lol

Comment

At my local sites, usually roll around in 2-3man teams. Mainly using assualt rifles. Sometimes I willl break out my Aw338, thus giving us some degree of sniper cover.

When playing a GZ weekender/ walk-on (When we make it over) We can have up to a platoon of people (40+). But generally we split down in to our own groups. These mainly consist of 5-6 people.

5 people on assualt rifles/SMG's
        1 person maybe with a sniper rifle.

But then sometimes our squad can be smaller consisting of me and two mates. We all use the same gun (MC-51), meaning we can hand out mags if need be. We are also the type of people thatwe either have to say nothing, or very few words for us to understand the plan. Sometimes we just move independantly and the plan falls in to place.

After playing in a degree of squad sizes I would say 5-6 is the best. You have just enough people to be able to carry out a successful assualt on a position with great numbers. But you also have the right amount that if it goes a bit pete tong you can just vanish back in to the undergrowth. Means you can finish an attack as quickly as it starts. Great for testing how good the enemy defences are.
        TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
        Maruzen APS Type 96
        TM P226, Tac Master .
        WE SCAR + VFC UGL
        KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

At the moment im in a 2m an squad but we should have 4 in very soon which is an ideal number.

2 rifleman
          1 support gunner
          and a sniper

The plan while until we get more members is split the team into 2 and the 2 riflemen will assault the objective while the sniper and support gunner will will act as our FSG probably from ideal ground nearby.

Comment

In my squad we have 6/7 usually splits up into 2 small groups, (this seems to be the favoured method for larger squads)
            1IC
            2IC
            3 Riflemen
            Sniper
            Support Gunner

enough to get things done on our own, but not too many to make command and moving about difficult
            "Its a control column not a joystick"
            Secretary - University of Warwick Airsoft Society

Comment

In ours its

IC
              Sniper
              Riflemen

Comment

Depends on who's playing and what we're doing. Usually we end up in a group of between 4 and 6 guys. No set roles, we just go play :D
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'd say 5-6.

IC + 3 riflemen, 1 Sniper, (optional spotter or support gunner, or both if one rifleman becomes the other).
                  Generic boring Sig that is duly ignored.

Comment

we operate a five man team but we keep it felixable and split dowm into charlie a delta when needed with a wide range of weapon assult to sniper it works quite well

Comment

If you wanted realistic sizes/structure then it would be something similar to this:

Section:

X2 fire teams:

Fireteam Charlie:

NCO 1st in command
                      Rifleman
                      rifleman
                      LMG gunner

Fireteam delta:

NCO second in command
                      Rifleman
                      rifleman
                      LMG gunner

Now, imagine 3 or 4 of these and you have a platoon size unit :D

It works well in real life atleast

Comment

I would go round in a small squad, but normally I find that my mates and I are the only ones with comms, so generally get split up so as the whole team can keep on contact.
                        However, when we do get a chance to work together, we do very well, since we know each other.
                        It's normally 3 guys,
                        myself as rifleman/assault
                        my mate as rifleman/DMR
                        the other as sniper/recon

And then whoever else we take with us on the day, which can vary from 1 to 3 people.

Comment

I think 3 is enough spread 7-10 metres apart one guy whos fast with a high speed aeg e.g. MP5 etc. then 2 guys with a M4 or equivalent always worked for us.
                          "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                          Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by MistroJoe View Post
                            a high speed aeg e.g. MP5 etc. then 2 guys with a M4 or equivalent always worked for us.

You do realise in Airsoft, Rates of fire do not normally correspond with the type of gun your firing?

Comment

I have found me and my mate work best as a pair, we sneak around, avoiding contact headlong and opt for the sneaky approach, and outflank and get behind, normally we can take on a much bigger team with just the 2 of us and then dissapear again, so you may say hit and run tactics, or harrassing fire, it annoys the hell out of people when they dont know what they are shooting at or how many there is, we have heard in the past someone shout theres about 8 or 9 of them over there, when there was actually 2 of us using the black BBs (invisible BBs) so they could even pinpoint the direction of us.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

usually 2 or 3 of us. sometimes split from mates but that doesn't stop us from our cover being blown when another guy joins us with 100 round bursts
                                Originally posted by hellbound
                                Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
                                Working...
                                X