Sniper rifle hit taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper rifle hit taking?

i am sure that anyone on here who uses a sniper rifle frequently has come across this, basically you shoot follow the BB through your scope see it hit them they then look around to see where it came from consider it a stray and just carry on playing.

i was just wondering what do you do in those cases? i then go for a headshot.

It is just that people who use these rifles including myself usually put alot of time and money into their rifles and it just seems a massive waste to see people then ignoring hits. sorry if there is already a thread like this i couldn't find one.
    trader rating

Re: Sniper rifle hit taking?

Definitely something I notice too mate. Really does annoy me; it's such a good feeling watching the bb through your scope just hit someone, and for them to see they've been hit and then just ignore it ruins it completely.

Usually I'll take another shot aiming somewhere more...sensitive. Or tell a marshall. You'll br surprised how easy tags are to see through a scope.

Comment

Plenty of threads about hit taking with similar points to yours.

For me though, Airsoft is an honour sport. If your first reaction is to go for a headshot, rather than another body shot or report it to a marshall then your honour is also damaged.

Non-hit taking is the sort of thing that winds people up so much that they leave airsoft altogether, which is why sites and clubs should make the quality of their game play as high as possible. Especially when you're back in most games quite quickly. It just makes it better for everyone.

Headshots should be reserved for when people are only showing their heads because that's their choice.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

I've also had this problem...and pretty much echo Keeper's post - i'll aim for flesh and if that doesn't work, i'll report them. My local site doens't use a tag system though.

If not, switch targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Genista View Post
          Plenty of threads about hit taking with similar points to yours.

For me though, Airsoft is an honour sport. If your first reaction is to go for a headshot, rather than another body shot or report it to a marshall then your honour is also damaged.

Non-hit taking is the sort of thing that winds people up so much that they leave airsoft altogether, which is why sites and clubs should make the quality of their game play as high as possible. Especially when you're back in most games quite quickly. It just makes it better for everyone.

Headshots should be reserved for when people are only showing their heads because that's their choice.
          hmm i see where you are coming from with the headshot scenario mate but it just annoys me. now that you mention it it does seem like going for headshots after a confirmed hit is a bit "well if he's not going to play properly neither am i" but it is the only way i can personally get them to take their hit with out wasting 5 rounds on them hitting until they realise that someone is actually aiming for them. and that is annoying when using guarder high precision BBs.
          trader rating

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
            Definitely something I notice too mate. Really does annoy me; it's such a good feeling watching the bb through your scope just hit someone, and for them to see they've been hit and then just ignore it ruins it completely.

Usually I'll take another shot aiming somewhere more...sensitive. Or tell a marshall. You'll br surprised how easy tags are to see through a scope.
            when you say tags do you mean the tape that goes around your arm?
            trader rating

Comment

I haven't been to a site other than GZ which uses tags. - it is usually just coloured tape.

as said - aim for something fleshy. - if not tell a marshal or if they have really pissed you of then walk up to them and explain the error of their ways.
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
                when you say tags do you mean the tape that goes around your arm?
                I was referring to GZ tags I suppose. But at Gunman or indeed anywhere else you can just as easily spend a few seconds memorising the player's face/kit to tell a marshall later.

Comment

No I think he means numbered tags that some sites use.

As for the cost of high grade BB's I totally hear you! That's why getting hits witnessed by marshalls works well with someone you suspect is not taking their hits; they can't argue with it.

That said, and this is not aimed at anyone, for everyshot someone thought they had hit a player with, there are plenty of shots where it didn't.
                  Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                  Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Non-hit taking is something that really annoys me too. Especially when you know that your shots are hitting and they refuse to take them and just keep firing back at you more and more.

Generally if I think that I've been hit but I'm not sure I will take it as a hit just because I know how frustrating it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Genista View Post
                      That said, and this is not aimed at anyone, for everyshot someone thought they had hit a player with, there are plenty of shots where it didn't.
                      yeah i used green WE high grade .36g BBs which i could still see clearly hitting people but now moved to black guarder high precision black .43g bbs as i found the .36g a little inconsistent. but even when i couldn't directly see the bb hitting them the person would jump with a little bit of shock ad look around which they wouldn't normally do if they weren't hit.

TKOS will back me up on this i can be laying down quite far away as i can easily reach out to 80m+ with my sniper rifle, accurately, and because it is a gas rifle they is no chance of them hearing it either so they do think it is a stray BB but that is still no excuse for ignoring it.
                      trader rating

Comment

I go you one further. Last weekend my mate was playing at a site, he got hit and stood there and the medic rule was in place, he got brought back into the game. He then shot the guy that shot him, who looked at him before opening up on full auto, even though my mate and the guy who healed him had both seen the two bb's bounce off his chest.

With players like that, it's no wonder we see a lot of "quitting airsoft" threads really.
                        It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Non hit taking is a pain for both snipers and anyone else, there will allways be not hit takers which is unfortunate,

altho you could record it. for example http://www.youtube.com/user/rogue999.../0/AwB9xu3IoPM at about 10sec the guy is hit but dosent take it so my friend shoot him agian. problem solved.
                          Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue9 View Post
                            Non hit taking is a pain for both snipers and anyone else, there will allways be not hit takers which is unfortunate,
                            yeah i know it is a major problem but i find it especially bad when using my tanaka as people usually can't see or hear where it came from so they just ignore it. with AEGs you can usually hear them further away than they can shoot so people can tell it was a deliberate shot they also get hit numerous times etc.
                            trader rating

Comment

I think the point is where you dont hear the gun fire and its only 1 BB hitting you, some people dont know whats hit them and ignore it, where with an aeg, you hear full auto and get a fair few bbs fly your way you know youve been hit.

Im with you though, as i hit someone in the head last game (was only head visible above a barracade) and he didnt take it, that was with a .4 and he flinched and then ducked back down.

Originally posted by Metalbody
                              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GREG_BURTON Find out more about GREG_BURTON
                              Working...
                              X