Sniper rifle hit taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper rifle hit taking?

I did like the "info pack" that you collected at the weekenders - generally telling you about what's going on..

BUT one point was informing people about what a Sniper hit feels like, which I think is a nice touch as apparantly, not many people do!

Don't know if that's a regular thing at GZ, as i'm not local there, but still - good idea..... question is, do people read it!?

Comment

i didnt make the weekender, anyone have a scan of that?

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

'If in doubt, call your self out' :D
        sigpic

Comment

Yep, that's how it works at my local site.

"If you're not sure whether that little flick you just felt was a hit, it probably was, always call it"

But until we move onto the laser guns and body suits that tell people they've just been shot we'll always have this problem
          It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

I find this happens far too often, in most cases i just keep shooting them until they give in, normally 2-3 shots i find

if still nothing then i will inform a marshal....after going for a headshot!
            Originally posted by massey666
            I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

hey Gundude i played urban assault recently, was a game a weekend or two ago didn't really enjoy sniping there myself the 400 FPS limit kind of took away the range off my rifle.
              trader rating

Comment

I've heard a lot of snipers complaining about hit taking while on site over the years. I think one problem that dosen't help the situation is a lot of snipers assuming they have hit the target because they were in the crosshair. You cant always see the BB hit your target at long range, or at all sometimes. Clearly if they jump and start rubbing an arm thats already beggining to show a welt, then fair enough. But I dont think anyone here could honestly say at some point they think they have hit someone but on reflection perhaps not. This is something I think everyone does, not just snipers. It's more annoying when people with AEGs do it from a fair distance, because they cant actually see whats going on down range, at least snipers can.

I for one fully support 'if you think you might have been hit, you've been hit'. If everyone stuck to that, then there wouldn't be a problem. A question of rebounds and similar can always be a dificult one to judge but unless you actually see the round bounce before hitting you, or its coming from an impossible angle (through a wall say) then just take a hit. Its only 5 or 10 minutes. Take up smoking or carry tea everywhere. You will look forward to dead time then.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
                  I've heard a lot of snipers complaining about hit taking while on site over the years. I think one problem that dosen't help the situation is a lot of snipers assuming they have hit the target because they were in the crosshair. You cant always see the BB hit your target at long range, or at all sometimes. Clearly if they jump and start rubbing an arm thats already beggining to show a welt, then fair enough. But I dont think anyone here could honestly say at some point they think they have hit someone but on reflection perhaps not.
                  i know what you mean mate. if i can't see the BB and they don't move at all then i assume the BB did not hit. i know what to look for etc but i am talking about when you definenetly see the BB hit you see a reaction then they don't take the hit and sometimes even have the nerve to shoot back.
                  trader rating

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
                    hey Gundude i played urban assault recently, was a game a weekend or two ago didn't really enjoy sniping there myself the 400 FPS limit kind of took away the range off my rifle.
                    Try a milsim event. You can use a 500fps sniper rifle. There's one next month.

Comment

seen this many times before at many sites,

and also threads started on here ,

being blunt mate, if the site safety brief say's head shots ARE allowed then bloody take them

if the cheats dont take them, keep hitting them , but be sure you tell the marshall after the second SURE hit , some site have the Tag system where the plastic tag is coloured with the players number on it ,

so if they say they not cheating , jot down the number and say face shots applied,
                      if they have more then one face shot more on them for cheating ,

but head shots if allowed by the site, or finger/hand shots or even their scope's

Comment

yeah never been to a site where they specifically say NO headshots heard if teh body is out aim for the body but if you can only see the head go for that. but never been to a site where headshots have not been allowed. i mean it can easily happen by accident. i go for hands and fingers instead of head during winter usually but only if they don't take their hits first time.
                        trader rating

Comment

greg, i hardly use the sniper rifle @ urban i much prefer up close and personal stuff there, but when im @ FFZ i like sniping for a few games :D
                          Originally posted by massey666
                          I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

this is why i like designated marksman a little more, just get the semi-auto 425fps gun out and just whack 'em 5 times at the same range as a sniper rifle. They cant say its not hitting them then
                            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                              this is why i like designated marksman a little more, just get the semi-auto 425fps gun out and just whack 'em 5 times at the same range as a sniper rifle. They cant say its not hitting them then
                              my local site's limits are 370 for single and 350 for full auto so a DMR would not be great. DMRs just don't go as far as my sniper rifle i found they have great range compared to normal AEGs but compared to serious sniper rifles then they are not in the same league imo.
                              trader rating

Comment

Hi fellz sorry for jumping on your thread but hit taking...I'm not a sniper but iv got to say I played the worst game of my airsoft life today with so many cheaters I had to give up half way through...it got so bad that almost the other whole team were not takining it...I was sat in the car park "mad as he'll" looked up and saw a guy moving down a hall through the glass...he puts his hand up runs down the hall into a room then straight out and in play...AHHHH!, so what did my guys have to do...full auto madness "over kill". I couldn't imagine how you guys put up with it. Having one shot only. It would drive me mad

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GREG_BURTON Find out more about GREG_BURTON
                                Working...
                                X