Sniper rifle hit taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper rifle hit taking?

well if they dont take their hits, go for the head shot, and keep going at them
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

frankly, at my old local site, sniping was next to impossible. im sure HEXAS will back me when saying at TWA there are always complaints that involve the same culprats every game date.

back to sniping. i have owned countless sniper rifles ranging from standard double eagle m50s up to snow wolf barretts and none of them seem to cut it.

IMO, i feel the only real answer is using some form of DMR platform, being able to send an accurate burst down range is a big plus despite the possibility of giving your position away.

Comment

had is countless ammount of times, just tend to shoot them, if they don't take the hit then shoot them in a more fleshy part of their body that isn't armoured they soon take their hits then.

Comment

ive been using a vsr at 350fps for a while. and would shoot at its very limit so the bbs must have been barely touching them. unless it hit their face or hands they wouldnt even know it hit them.
          my main preferance while sniping is to be a squad support, as im part of a small team it was useful to have someone who could sit just out of their range. but the lack of hit taking has driven me to fork out on the upgrades to make it 500fps. so really its their own fault's for not taking my hits when i was a softie!!!!

as for dmr's i have one. but i have been called up by a marshal on my rate of fire. apparently im not allowed to fire faster than i can cycle a boltie :-/ which seems pointless to have them restricted more, so i have my sr25 at 350 and re opened to the worlds of full auto :-)

hit taking is frankly the flaw of airsoft, but being completely honest i would prefer to have a few guys a day not taking the hits, to resorting to paintballs etc.
          lastly, im never a fan of terrible games. but the good games are worth the wait im sure you will all agree :-)
          TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

I'm a relatively new sniper myself, and I have the luxury of a good site/quality of players.

As a personal rule, anything that COULD be a hit, IS a hit. I took a friggin' hit from a falling pinecone before!

I use a 2 Joule boltie, with 0.3g ammo, and a 3-9x32 scope zeroed perfectly on 7x32 zoom (best for my eyes).
            I can get good/definite hits from range, but I know how my rifle works, I know roughly at what point the BB's begin to fall, and that they often begin to swing to the right after 50m or so.

I think snipers understand best about hits. We have the longest guns that are prone to catching stray or aimed BBs, we know the shame of being gunned down by an AEG and the honor of being counter sniped by another sniper.
            We also know how delicate hit taking is.

my 0.3g's usually make people flinch, when travelling at 400 fps, and 99% of them take the hit immediately. no pondering. no hiding. no blind firing. They're dead.

What ever way you look at it, there's always some P***head that thinks he's playing CoD.

And what ever you do in life, there'll always be someone that thinks he's above the law/authority.
            I ask: "Why else are there prisons?"
            sigpic

Comment

personally, i love sniping, hopefull this time soon ill have myself a nice tanaka m700 :D

if people dont take their hits i usually take another shot if they continue to not take their hit i will inform a marshal.

i play at ultimate wargames mostly now, i have never had any problems with hit taking there, hopefully i didnt curse it, however, at TWA many many rentals there thinking its some kind of call of duty game.

or, take an air rifle :D

please dont.
              Originally posted by jonnyhal
              For Sale: very nice heavy springer
              Originally posted by soulflame2
              when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Barret50carrot which UWG you play at?

On topic: When sniping as im using a ghillie suit i understand that its sometimes hard to feel hits through gear and i like to give most plaers the benefit of the doubt and ill take another shot.

Although after me definatly hiting them 5 times now their taking the Pi*s i used to have a nice gas boltie and have the fps dialed at 425 on .3's but if hey didnt take hits id whack it up to the site limit (500) and see them say no then.

Regards,

Sam
                Originally Posted by balaclava ben
                i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
                sigpic

Comment

500 FPS on .3's??? interesting!

It happens a hell of a lot with ranged shots, even if the player is honest there's still the adrenaline pumping because of all the action, people wearing plate carriers etc etc..

as for what to do about it? well take another shot in a more "noticable" area by all acounts, eventually the player will get fed up of being hit.. if that fails get on the radio get the assault lads in and light them up!

if the range isn't working use the Recon and bring the rain! either way you'll win!
                  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
                    i am sure that anyone on here who uses a sniper rifle frequently has come across this, basically you shoot follow the BB through your scope see it hit them they then look around to see where it came from consider it a stray and just carry on playing.

i was just wondering what do you do in those cases? i then go for a headshot.

It is just that people who use these rifles including myself usually put alot of time and money into their rifles and it just seems a massive waste to see people then ignoring hits. sorry if there is already a thread like this i couldn't find one.
                    maybe some not all of them migh think there not hit thinking they felt nothing because that they cant see that someones shooting at them.

Comment

i have to say i have a very low pain threshold :P so normaly when i am hit my hand gose up fast! :L but i am no whimp the amount of times i have been hit my self and freinds have had to say i have been hit because i could not feel a think from 500fps snipers

Comment

i use a 500fps vsr and understand what its like when people don't take their hits, that was until i went hi powered! :D the marshalls at my local site will sometimes carry a gas pistol with them and if anyone has been flagged up for not taking the hits, will take a crack at them, if they don't take it they're off the site. Even this method as a deterent seems to work VERY well, certainly improves games where there are lots of people not taking hits. obviously the marshalls dont just use this method if one guy compains, its if 3 or more people all complain about the same guy otherwise people would just get marshalls to get kills for them!
                        BB
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Just a quick one on the flip side of this coin...

Was creeping up the fence line on one skirmish when out of no-where a BB hits the brim of my boonie.

Knowing that the next one is aimed at my face, I stuck my hand in the air; a "bush" at my 7 o'clock then stands up, walks over to me, shakes my hand, and disappears into the undergrowth.

Some would describe it as a surreal experience... I however got a warm glow that I'd just made that kid's day...

Not playing the "I take my hits" card, but sometimes just accepting it makes life happier; especially if, as has been pointed out further up the thread, that young fella has spent time and money working up to that one shot.

Food for thought
                          Originally posted by andre the giant
                          ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

I've got a variation on this, at an old site my team used to frequent, where hit taking seemed to be an optional rule as the teams sniper I was often called in over comms to "make" someone take a hit. A good example of this, two of my team mates, "Troll" and "Sugarplum" laying on a mound, 35-40 meters away from their target (an enemy player on a hill) Troll was using an ICS M4 with a 4x short scope, I forget what Plum was using. Plum took the first shot, a burst in the opfor players chest. From what I was told he flinched and backed off a bit, dropped to a knee and returned fire. His shots were falling short. Troll confirmed the shot through his scope. He took the second shot, another burst that was a confirmed hit. The player flinched again and continued to return fire. I was called over comms to assist. I arrived. Using my finely tuned APS2SV (500 on .2 - using .43 it chronoes around 370) I lay next to my team mates and watched through my scope (on 9x) the rounds hitting this guy. I let my Roys take a few burst at him, he was deffinatley hit and was obviously taking the pi.s, I put a shot into his neck. He jumped way up into the air and threw his hand up even higher. He learned his lesson!

I've also (at the same site) been on the opposite side of a sniper. Myself and Troll had flanked the opfor sniper. He was ghillied to the nines and well hidden. He was putting some harrasing fire down on our guys. He was completely oblivious to our position. Troll opened up on him. Lit up his left side with a nice burst. He flinched and carried on. Troll lit him up again and the same result. It wasn't a case of him not feeling it through his ghillie. He FELT it. It was obvious. I laced him with my SAW until he gave in.

That might have been overkill, granted. But we had had so much of the same all day. Even after reporting players they still didn't take their hits.

The long and short of it, some people are just dicks.

Back on topic, I rarely have people not take hits when I'm using my BA. If they do neglect to take it, I just put another round down range and see what happens. I try to never take headshots unless they are wearing full face masks.
                            CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

I Totally agree with all of you, ive had one game where I would hit one, they would go behind a wall, 2 seconds later they are back shooting at me, I dont know if that counts but it still reli pissed me off, even more so that i have been working myself into position for the last 10 mins, Then after that some noob from the other team came down a hill, i spotted him and shot him twice on semi, yet he didnt take it and was still running down the hill firing on full auto at my face!!!, then i met up with 4 guys from my team so they all hit him, but he was still carrying on firing at us on full auto, Worst day eva!!

Anyway im getting into sniping when my tm l96 with full PDI upgrades is finished, so best way to get round people not taking hits is to aim for the head?

Comment

All I can say is I think it's a shame.

Rather than resorting to 'Old Faithful' (slamming a Hi-Cap in and going for the face), surely we should be educating the n00bs...?

On a couple of occasions I've wandered over to a couple of them in the safe zone and had a quiet chat:
                                "Look fella, you know I hit you, I know I hit you... If you don't take your hits it's going to end badly; obviously we don't want that now do we?"

I just think that going auto on them isn't solving the problem... Just makes you as bad as them on the sportsmanship angle...

Obviously though, if it's not a newbie, Frag him ;-)
                                Originally posted by andre the giant
                                ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GREG_BURTON Find out more about GREG_BURTON
                                Working...
                                X