Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
    Someone earlier made the point of 3 BBs being equivalent to 1 round, which I agree with on principle, due to the inherent inaccuracies of the BBs.

However, imo a better way to do it would be 2 to 1; people looking for realism should have their gun shoot at about double the RPS of the real gun with about double the magazine capacity; mags last the same time as in real life for covering fire yet you can actually hit the opponent.
    I just based it on my experience, I think 3:1 is the closest I can really get with my guns, may be poor tech skills or may just be that AEGs are inaccurate in general. Might not make sense, it works in my head... haha.

Anyway I think you're pretty much spot on. I use 75rd mags filled to about 60, I feel it equates as close to reality as I can be bothered with while still being reasonable (giving lee-way for airsoft guns inherent inaccuracy).

Comment

• 60rps is only FUN for the person that finds it FUNNY planting 60+ rounds into someone with a single trigger pull.
      Yes it is about having fun and enjoying the game, but its supposed to be FUN for EVERYONE.

Comment

I think it is also interesting to note that many people assume that because we have a high rate of fire that we are going to use this to throw tons of ammo at people. When you spot a guy and he spots you, you raise your guns and tap the trigger Two or Three shots come your way Six, Eight or Ten may go his way But! we no more hold the trigger down then any other sensible player would. Granted the consequences of 40rps held down against 14rps are different but it does not mean we hose people down just because we could.

I personally have never played at a CQB site that lets you use full auto indoors and as I am a coward at heart I probably never will. Plus when the corners get very tight or a stairwell looms I go for my pistol regardless of how quick the trigger response on my AEG might be.

If we all liked the same thing what a bloody boring place this would be. So play in the spirit of the game and within the rules you have agreed to play under. And when the mood takes me I will pick up the Lipo powered beast and enjoy my day. :D

Comment

I have my cxp at 30rps with my 11.1 - mainly for the trigger response - plus with the slight drop in accuracy the tk twist barrel gives, I find the ROF makes up for this. Saying that, I have never found that I've actually used more than a 1 second burst - It's just not needed!

When playing cqb I pop a 7.4 lipo inside the handguard, as it means that A) my gun doesn't have a peq hanging off and is more streamlined, B) there is no need for the high rate of fire.

Comment

Why should we compromise this game is all about advantage.

So long as who ever has the gun is not acting the fool so what.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
              Because unless you're running a DMR, the BB you fire is unlikely to go exactly where you want it to, especially at further ranges.
              It's easy to have any upgraded gun to shoot like a DMR (minus the extra fps obv) however I think a lot of people here are overlooking something

People think it's ok to have a HIGH ROF to make up the unrealism of bbs and accuracy. So 60rounds down range is the same as 10? Well maybe.... Noone seems too of mentioned that with a real gun ( as this is what your benchmarking your AEG against since you have your own ratios going ) that 20 rounds downrange with a real gun, aren't going to br as accurate is an AEG doing 60 rounds are they? Not when your looking at people slamming 60 rounds down on full auto. Imagine where your rounds would go with the recoil?

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Except, as has already been said multiple times, we're not necessarily using auto...

You don't have to agree, but in my mind a short burst of two or three BBs is closest I can get to one shot from an actual firearm.

Comment

Agreed there are some here who only use semi ( I appreciate the responsible ones yo want the trigger respond and immediate fire and not to lace people )

Let's accept that regardless of weather you think it's overkill ( not pointing this at you Robin ) or not. Or wether you are intentionally or unintentially hosing people with xx amount of rounds. If your running high ROF and shooting at someone within 25 m let's say your gonna hit them, a lot. If your running 60 rounds per second, and you shoot for two seconds. Your hitting them a he'll of a lot more than is enough.
                  Forget all this I pay to get shot crap. I pay to play Airsoft and I expect to get shot. But I wouldn't go boxing and expect to get punched after I'm already knocked out would I? I pay car insurance but don't make it ok to wreck my car ?

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I certainly see your point. I just buy into the idea that it's not the tool that causes the problem. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Plus I'd like to think any half decent marshal would do something about it if they had someone repeatedly lighting players up with a couple hundred rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by danhc View Post
                      its usefull for a supporting role, where you are firing from a static position to keep heads down or to divert peoples attention
                      But its not though...

If your spraying rounds over somebodys head to keep it down, putting a hundred rounds over their head is exactly the same as putting 10, over a longer time. Only difference is that you still have 90 bb's in the mag.

Suppressing fire is normally ONE round every 2 seconds. Deliberate rate is one every 6 seconds. I find that its much more effective to put a quick burst towards somebody, and if they dont get hit, and go to ground, a couple of rounds every 5-10 seconds means they dont stick their head back up. If they do, at least if i do shoot them its only going to be a single or double, opposed to like 7 or 8 rounds.

Ive never understood high ROF. I understand people wanting to see how their guns work, how far they can push it. But in a game, its needless. A waste of rounds = waste of money. Also, less satisfaction. Anybody can smash a whole mid cap in a few seconds and kill one or two people, but i prefer to fire a slack handful of rounds and get the same number of kills.

Classic example of this was when Jockjay and myself both had recoil TM rifles. He had the AK, i had the Sopmod. We got into a contact with maybe 6 blokes. A quick 2-3 second burst from both of us (About 10-15 rounds each) and two were dead. After that, we both flicked to semi and popped away the rest of a mag each, killing the other 4 guys. At one point i had his BB's flipping past my ear about an inch away. It was epic, such a great memory of the scary noises recoil rifles make, the sheer panic on the other guys faces, and the satisfaction of getting people on those semi only shots.

If you want to run a high ROF gun, fine, do it. But your battery will run out quicker, your gearbox will take a massive battering, your going to waste a stack of ammo, and you wont get so much satisfaction of managing to get that guy centre of mass with a short double tap. Just my opinion.

Comment

Laws of probability say if you put enough rounds in a direction, your bound to hit something. Its statistics.

I've only seen the point of a high ROF for supression purposes. In airsoft (more oftern then not, a high ROF is unnecessary. Waste of money unless you're that bad of a shot.
                        Kiran Payne
                        TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                        Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                          your battery will run out quicker, your gearbox will take a massive battering, your going to waste a stack of ammo, and you wont get so much satisfaction of managing to get that guy centre of mass with a short double tap.
                          Well actually that is not entirely correct.

Due to the fact that we know just how fast some of our guns run we are actually more aware of our ammo usage due to the rate at which it disappears.

Our battery's last as long as normal guns, again because we are careful with our shots.

If your intention is to go shooting and save ammo then perhaps you should take up Archery.

Hi-speed gearbox's take no more of a battering than any other gearbox. It happens over a much shorter period of time but essentially 10,000 rounds through a stock gearbox has the same wear as a fast one.

Trust me the satisfaction of landing a little line of BB's in the middle of someones body armour and watching them looking confused and shocked as they did not see the first BB let alone the next ten is priceless. And if you really want to see a confused Airsofter use high speed and black ammo! :D

Comment

• So if a Gearbox lasts for example 10k rounds, thats 2 years for me 6 months for you...mmmmmmmm

Another argument against stupid high ROF me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              So if a Gearbox lasts for example 10k rounds, thats 2 years for me 6 months for you...mmmmmmmm

Another argument against stupid high ROF me thinks
                              lol...

I said comparable wear over 10,000 rounds not that the gearbox would only last 10,000 rounds. So it would be the same for 100,000 or 1,000,000 rounds just the time scale is different.

Actually I stripped a piston in my quick'ish P90 on Sunday Still as it was the original TM and it's over three years old I can't complain.

Comment

• However you word it a low RPS 330fps gearbox is a lot more likley to last longer than a silly high RPS 330fps setup.
                                Im more than happy to delve into my gearbox but not every five mins...lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X