Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

but a low rof gun can shoot on a hi cap for much much longer then a high rof gun.

We should start a threat "low rof what`s the point ?" lol
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
      but a low rof gun can shoot on a hi cap for much much longer then a high rof gun.

We should start a threat "low rof what`s the point ?" lol

Lol yeah or maybe "why hicaps are horrible devices" :-P I'm not pretending to be elitist. I just hate thesuper unreal. And come on.
      Thekonasaur I saw your video of your gun ( on your missing AEG thread, of which I both hope you get it, and don't lol) it's ridiculously stupidly horrendeously fast. Clearly MIDAS knows his stuff. How you get that from a 7.4 I don't know.

However with ROF that fast in a skirmish you going to use very short bursts I guess. So someone is going to get hit ALOT very quickly and if reasonably close in a very small area.

Bare in mind I'm not saying your deliberately not going to shoot someone close with FA. However I see all the time people just keep there guns on full auto. Especially at sites like the asylum and Anzio. Where you have open ranges and areas. Then suddenly someone attacks from a different angel and your FAing someone 20 ft away. Put your head around the corner and get a mouthful of that? Ouch. Even with my full face on I reckon I would have an accident from my bum :-(

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Please note that gun was built to be used at EBZ where almost every game is a semi game, it was also to be pimped to look a bit like a pulse rifle the PF`s long lost great granddad so to speak so it needed to make a funny sound when shooting hence the high rof

A rof that fast makes a 300rd hi cap last around the same as a 30rd mag would in a real gun, no one was going to get laced up badly buy it they did not when I used it on an 11.1v before midas had it, but I did get laced up by someone shooting around 30rps when I was using it and shooting at his mate did`nt see him.

The nice thing about being able to let that many bb`s fly that quick if you have to is this, you know that a tiny burst will do the job there`s no chance of a missing or the bb getting over spun by the hop or hitting something on course.

With a stock rof when you shoot if your 1st bb don`t hit then they guy will have moved before the 2nd the unrealistic part of airsoft is how inconsistent and inaccurate bb`s are and that you can`t blast holes in the wall.

The few times I do play a full auto game I want to make sure that 3 to 5 bb`s will land on my target before he has a chance to move I`ll shoot 3 as I expect this one won`t hit just due to the wind or other bad luck factors, the second may hit but he may not notice it and the 3rd to be sure or sometimes the 3rd hits his mate.

Close up of-course one round will do and far away if your gun is not hot it does not hurt so you may as well put a few rounds at him to make sure your going to get the hit.

It`s hard as unlike real ammo you don`t know that he`s going to call it or that its going to hit him for sure. I know loads of people keep shooting until the person calls hit and I respect why most people do that, its not my style I shoot and if I dont hear hit I shoot again and then if I`m sure I hit them twice I ask "was that a hit" 90% of the time I get a "yes hit" back and they get a "thank you" from me.

I do get why a lot of people keep shooting till they hear hit or a hand go up and on the odd occasion I have done it too but not with a high rof gun, the best thing about a high rof gun is that you know you just need a short burst and your target should be hit.

If use correctly it leads to less spraying but I will admit that there are people out there who get a high rof gun to just hold the trigger down, if I did that on mine my mag would be empty and my gearbox might crack lol

Lucky for us most of the trigger pullers seam to think that 25rps or so is "fast" maybe a few have over 30 but I think when it comes to the science of building a gun over 30rps it means the person holding it normally won`t be an idiot.

As I doubt midas and others would build a dsg rig for someone who wrote them an email like "yo yo your guns go well fast can u do mine so I can lace up peeps ?"

I notice a lot of midas`s speed builds were done for himself or was him finishing off work the owners had started, having an understanding of the internals of your gun makes you a lot less likely to abuse it and of-course being shot by it makes you less likely to hose down others lol

Sorry looking back that is a tad long
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
          OK, last chance.

I've deleted any posts I've seen with insulting or inflamatory comments in them - the whole post and not just the insults etc. If you can't avoid an argument, don't expect the perfectly valid part of your comment to stay on the thread as well. If you think I've missed something you find offensive, report it and I will get rid of it.

You may not agree with people on this subject, but the next person who attacks another user's inteligence/common sense/sportsmanship etc will receive an infraction and the thread will go.
          And on that note i think i shall leave you guys to it.

I know how i see high ROF setups, and the thread as a whole to me shows exactly why certain users want a high ROF setup
          I myself have both the knowledge and the funds to give any of my AEGs a high ROF setup but as can be seen dont see the point in it, beyond trigger response, and that i am quite happy with as my AEGs stand.

Comment

I doubt midas and others would build a dsg rig for someone who wrote them an email like "yo yo your guns go well fast can u do mine so I can lace up peeps ?"
            Bahaha that's epic!

Comment

How does it feel to you when someone shoots you with a gun you built or one of your own guns in a game ?

I rarely play against people who are using my guns or who`s guns I`ve fixed but it hurts my pride more then anything else lol
              sigpic

Comment

This entire thread boils down to a few points:
                1. Why? Because we can-it's a choice
                2. If you have high rof then you have a responsibility to others and yourself to apply common sense when using it- anything else is just unsportsmanlike and dangerous
                3. There are pro's and cons to this upgrade i.e. trigger response versus durability/reliability

remember, just because you have it doesn't mean you have to use it.

My 2P's worth
                "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Tbh, most people with those rof's, only do it for the trigger response so you can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Comment

I agree the trigger response sells it for me
                    sigpic

Comment

How does it feel to you when someone shoots you with a gun you built or one of your own guns in a game ?

I rarely play against people who are using my guns or who`s guns I`ve fixed but it hurts my pride more then anything else lol
                      I have done range time in front of my Minigun, first at 30m, then at 15m, simply so I knew how it felt to be shot by it, now I know how careful I have to be with it. Anything sub 20m is only going to get shot by a strafing shot, otherwise it'll hurt like hell.

Comment

i like to be shot at with all my guns....its like an initiation....and also if i cant take it, i wont dish it out
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I roll basic AK47s.....Because that's all you need in Airsoft

But i'm going to build a HROF gun to learn about the V3 Box Limits and I like the tinkering . Saying that i'm not going to sit in an out building unloading my balls in someone's face.

Comment

Holy necropost batman.
                            Although to continue, ive swapped the motor in my m16, so i can get a better trigger response, and if Shtf im not firing at like 5rps, its now about 15rps
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

How far you taking your v3 build ? 13:1`s or short stroking 13:1`s or dsg`ing it ?

I did a build for a friend on a g36 around 6 months to a year ago. 13:1`s m100 spring pretty standard stuff stuck a g&p m160 in it and it was doing around 25rps on a 7.4v bat with the mini tammy connector still. Never tried it on an 11.1v

Ever noticed since 11.1 lipos and bigger came to airsoft people have just had a higher rof ? and gun techs have been way more busy fixing their guns lol

I remember when all a gun needed was 16:1 gears, a eg1000 and a 9.6v 3600mah nimh battery to be rof king.
                              sigpic

Comment

What's the point... because they can.

Among my usual airsoft group we play very high fps with heavy weight bb, rate of fire is pretty much irrelevant as we almost always play semi-auto even if we can play full, most of them are ptw super max owners, yet we almost never bruise to break skin. We enjoy the ability to have an accurate point of aim and point of impact up to 40m, and if everybody take their hits immediately, this makes games a lot more tactical and "realistic". It's about who you play with and what type of game you play, when I'm here playing at those woodland sites with no ammo limit, everyone's holding their stock next to their face spraying without looking down the sight, the only advantage left you can have is having higher rps than the others, yes you can compensate with skills, but if someone with better skills also have a gun with higher fps and ammo count, they will do that much better. I consider those games paintballing with airsoft guns, not to mention sometimes people not taking their hits unless they have been hit multiple times. I own a high rps real sword with lonex flash mags, something I only use in those woodland fast pace airsoft-speedball games, they are different tools for different games, neither is "better", just depends what you like more.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X