Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

i dont normally mind high rof guns, cus when i hear them and as the bush im behind dissapears! i get the norah out of there! but i have been sat defending the valley from charlie up to our base at stag, when two guys whove pimped their guns up to a rof that can only be described as a hum... come walking casually along the path towards us, trigger pulled, box mags wound and quite literally have so many bbs that they found their way through 3 metres of dense bush onto me and 3 others, before storming the base.

2 guys with such sustained fire that they literally forced their way past a good 20 people before being flanked by a few guys that were just spawning in.

now a support weapon maybe, but 2 m4's! thats just not cricket... also think of the real world guys, firing that sustained would not only cause the barrell to pretty much melt! but would end up destroying your shoulder! a full on boltie war! now thats sporting!
    TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

I just like the fact that with a HT motor and HS gears you can get 3-4 shops off by the time one AEG fires 1 shot. 3RD ftw!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

well i went down this route now my gun wont bloody feed!
        sigpic

Comment

User error!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

haha
            sigpic

Comment

Meh. I hate it. Mainly because I see too many people mention trigger response? A gun at 25rps will have more than enough trigger response. I see to many people spraying full auto out when it's totally unneccsary.
              There is no point in support guns. I rarely see people use them to support properly. Normally just see them hosing people with them. Keep a SG At nice low ROF and chug those rounds down,
              Real ROFs FTW!!!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Oh and if you fit high torque stuff and a decent battery coupled with the SW computer. Epic trigger respsonse with the HIGH ROF

Comment

Originally posted by neverseemecoming View Post

2 guys with such sustained fire that they literally forced their way past a good 20 people before being flanked by a few guys that were just spawning in.

now a support weapon maybe, but 2 m4's! thats just not cricket... also think of the real world guys, firing that sustained would not only cause the barrell to pretty much melt! but would end up destroying your shoulder! a full on boltie war! now thats sporting!

Someone with a 30rps AEG who uses midcaps is fine.... you would need to be a good player to make ever burst count.

But there are morons out there with a 30rps gun (usually a stubby M4) with a 1000+round electric box bag who realy need to look up the definition of "sportsmanship".

Airsoft is a game based on honor and sportsmanship ... Someone who spawn camps with an insane ROF + HiCaps probably thinks that is OK not to take a hit as well

Comment

my idea is 50rps but no full auto just 3-5 round burst mode. with lo cap mags.
                    sigpic
                    View iTrader Rating Here
                    Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

i used a high rof with ca mid caps most of the time i use semi but when in cbq and there more than one person in site normally do a short burst of around 3-4 rounds or 3 second burst if im covering
                      When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your Friend!!!

Comment

I'll take your high ROF and raise you 400+fps.

Comment

Originally posted by revell55 View Post
                          my idea is 50rps but no full auto just 3-5 round burst mode. with lo cap mags.
                          Anything above 30 ish and the life expectancy drops like a lead weight. 50 is much harder to reach than 40.

40 is a respectible level of performance, 30 is really enough for skirmishing. With the burst you may well be better with something arround the 30, would you see much difference using burst? Not sure you would.

I only really do it because I can and I want to push it as far as it will go.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i think its the strafer mark 4 or something? 125rps?

Comment

No mate that runs off a divers bottle...
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by goldeye101 View Post
                                i used a high rof with ca mid caps most of the time i use semi but when in cbq and there more than one person in site normally do a short burst of around 3-4 rounds or 3 second burst if im covering
                                High ROF and a 3 second burst, isn't really a burst. Three seconds is a long time. And 90 rounds (going on the basis of the 30rps) is a lot of ammo.

I don't see how people think they putting 400 rounds down of cover is better than 100 rounds? Like a guy said it's not like they will get there headnup in 0.1 seconds lol.
                                Maybe just me ?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X