Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

Looking at that video it just looks STUPID with that high ROF! seems people have lost the plot, where is the skill of aiming, ive been hit in the face with a very high ROF systema and it flipping hurt!! Airsoft is for fun, while having a high ROF isnt WRONG, it certainly raises the questions whether you ever understood the sport in the first place

Comment

Discuss, don't insult, or it will get closed!
      sigpic

Comment

I like high rof setups since they annoy people who just want to play hide and seek in the woods.
        Originally posted by "jonny lovegrove"
        And on semi i always hit the target usually within about 5 shots...

Comment

OK, last chance.

I've deleted any posts I've seen with insulting or inflamatory comments in them - the whole post and not just the insults etc. If you can't avoid an argument, don't expect the perfectly valid part of your comment to stay on the thread as well. If you think I've missed something you find offensive, report it and I will get rid of it.

You may not agree with people on this subject, but the next person who attacks another user's inteligence/common sense/sportsmanship etc will receive an infraction and the thread will go.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a massive urge to say something. Funny but I won't :-( not that it's going to offend anyone lol.

Robin is right, this thread is a discussion and not a slam. A debated (sometimes heated) but that's what these forums are for. No different to pub chat :-)

Having a high ROF doesn't mean your being a (insert own thought here) but if your happy enough to totally lace people with 10+ rounds like you would of call of duty then that's your decision. But if I saw it where I marshal you would br taken aside and explained the real point of Airsoft. And that it's not to hurt people! Getting paid to get shot is not an excuse. We all pay to get shot but why do some people think they can shoot people more than needed. I see people 10 metres from a corner and advancing, and just hosing the corner. Very impressive you have no idea what your doing. And of course 3 bbs for one live round doesn't make any difference at that range. So why not have 30 round mags or even mid caps. Quite simply because if people would have to use them, they would get no kills. The only way they get kills is by hosing at every moving object around them, regardless of CBS gem I appreciate some people here don't go around like this but let's be honest. 80% of people do. And if they were limited on how much ammo they can chuck out from one mag and at what ROF then they simply would quit Airsoft. People love going to a game and get 50 kills. Makes them feel good. Well if everyone had the attitude of that then it would be a very poor day.
            I often see people go "yeah boy got him, boom hedshot, woo eat my 40rps etc." the other guy didn't stand a chance because he was trying to play the way Airsoft was intended! Realistically. Keeping Airsoft realistic is obviously hard. And this crap about the guns not being as accurate blah blah. Well we aren't playing at the ranges they are for a start. And just because we can't have every little thing correct like if you get hit it's hometime. But that doesn't mean because we can't get real realist we have the right to blow the whole concept of realism out the water. Why not? We are usig guns with redonkulous amounts of ammo, why can't we walk through the middle of the game as say you can't shoot me I have shields on, or I'm flying, I have invisibility cloak? You try to get as close to the real thing as reasonably practical and logical.
            I think too many people are avoiding this because in all honestly most would suck at it if they couldnt have it like that. These people need huge amounts of ammo, huge ROFS because without. They would suck. And you know what? I feel sorry for them.

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Why do dogs lick their gonads?

because they can

why do people build very high rof guns

because they can
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

It has been knocked and kicked arround for ages, people have their own ideas and aims. It is a subject that ALWAYS degenerates due to people being so passionate for opposite reasons. Some like me love it, personnaly I couldn't care less what anyone else thoughts are but it is so annoying to see people blasting high rof and go on about realism. Others hate it.

Seriously people, realism comes down to quite a few factors some of them being in good physical condition. For some of us older ones that has been a few years.

Using some kind of communication system so you can work as a team.

Using some kind of tactics so you can out wit and manoevre others.

Most importantly those who dissagree with it seem to blame any one but them selves for getting hit. In your tactics maybe you shuold have considered staying in cover untill it is safe to move up.

Lastly befor I get told off like a naughty boy, not every one with a high rof gun is a numpty. Most are used sensibly. I bet there are less people with a high rof gun using them irresponsibly than there are standard guns and people who hold their fingers on the trigger for seconds on end. Winding their hi cap as they go.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  Why do dogs lick their gonads?

because they can

why do people build very high rof guns

because they can
                  Well I hope there is a lot more skill in building a reliable high rof gun than there is in a dogs ability to lick his gonads!
                  Gun tech.

Comment

So it's all down to over-compensation :P
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Whilst I agree with some of what you saying,

Most importantly those who dissagree with it seem to blame any one but them selves for getting hit. In your tactics maybe you shuold have considered staying in cover untill it is safe to move up.
                      How can you stay in cover long enough when someone has 400 rounds a mag with about 7 mags on them ?

I would consider that as cheating. Support gunner is fine to have plenty of rounds. But any gun coupled with a hicap becomes a support gunner essentially.

I agree some want the realism and some don't. Personally I don't. However due to the high number of people who aren't interested in the realism it's difficult for others due to there bring not enough milsim games that are affordable. Even the likes of sterling events have their own ROF maniacs. Often seen worse there than at normal open days!

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                        Whilst I agree with some of what you saying,

How can you stay in cover long enough when someone has 400 rounds a mag with about 7 mags on them ?

I would consider that as cheating. Support gunner is fine to have plenty of rounds. But any gun coupled with a hicap becomes a support gunner essentially.

I agree some want the realism and some don't. Personally I don't. However due to the high number of people who aren't interested in the realism it's difficult for others due to there bring not enough milsim games that are affordable. Even the likes of sterling events have their own ROF maniacs. Often seen worse there than at normal open days!

erm...tactics, another of your team mates who should be off flanking to get a shot in at an angle...simple enough.

Just going to copy and paste this.

I agree some want the realism and some don't. Personally I don't.

You are contradicting yourself. If you don't want realism why are we even discussing this issue???????
                        Gun tech.

Comment

Lol. That was a typo :-( personally I do ! Hehe.

Comment

oops! Well at least I'm not the only one who does daft things then.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

Far from! Daft things included putting photos of you in a thong, silly videos of you doing silly things, shooting yourself in the face with your own AEG are a very small preview of a very long list lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                                you in a thong doing silly things and shooting yourself in the face with your own AEG

That gave me a hilarious idea!

The Mankini Marine Corps! Next NAE will be legen... wait for it... dary! :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X