Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

I like Shreding bushes(and the people behind them) at 24 rps xD
    sigpic
    View iTrader Rating Here
    Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

24 rps ? was that a boast ? Ive seen aeg`s kicking out 60rps but you get some feeding issues after 45-55 rps
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I Denmark, it quite normal to play with 420 fps at ROF 25.
        Some people take it a bit to far though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYLPn7vV50 Notice around 5:15
        I play at the some place as in the video, and againt the same guys.

IMO High ROF is only for scaring newbs and so. I cant find any reason at all to go past ROF 30.

I keep my guns at ROF 25-28 for normal games, and 15 for Milsim games.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsv2tuff View Post
          heard a interesting theory last weekend that high rof may increase range due to the slipstream much like a car doing 180mph max being passed by the same car behinde due to less air resistance. on the bb's so when one falls the one behinde has a bit more momentum from the one that was infront carrying it slightly further this can continue for a few bb's maybe giving a possible extra few yards range i havnt realy thought that hard about it but it did kind of make sense in theory. since with a high rof there would be a much smaller gap between each bb.
          For that to work the 2nd bb would have to follow the 1st's trajectory to the millimetre and would have to have exactly the same velocity. You think about the variances you get when you chrono between shots.

In a perfect world then maybe, but practically speaking I don't think it would ever happen to be honest!

Comment

if your rate of fire is stupidly high then you will make a path of calm air in-front of the bb`s at the back but it would just make a small difference, I think someone else's point that it helps deal with anything soft that may be between you and the target leaves for example is a good point.
            sigpic

Comment

• Yeah... I still don't think it's going to make any noticeable difference. Because they're a sphere they are going to leave very little slipstream. I really think it would have to be a gap of roughly 2-3mm at the most to have any real effect and even then surely the 2nd bb would only go at best a foot further?

I think slicing through bushes is a much more practical use lol.

Comment

Maybe but maybe the whole cloud of bb`s in front of the few behind make a tunnel of clean air for the back few to travel down ?

Maybe the main answer for high rof should be just "cos its cool" lol
                sigpic

Comment

my m4 does about 22 which is more than enough for me but i only use it as a back up

Comment

Im around the low 30`s on my new`st m4 still on 16:1 gears can`t be asked to buy 13:1`s this guns just for a few weeks till my new project comes then it go`s in the back up pile lol
                    sigpic

Comment

I suspect most of the people who are saying that there is no point in having a really high ROF have never used an AEG that is shooting above 45 to 50 RPS.

When the Minigun was in development the designers noticed that as you increase the rate of fire the accuracy (per round) stays the same or goes down but they discovered that at extremely high rates of fire the accuracy shoots up.
                      This "sweet spot" happened at around 50 rps - the ROF of helo mounted miniguns is not just a guess.

When you tune up your AEG to those levels of ROF you get huge benefits.

1 Not every target you shoot at is stationary, if you move the barrel of your weapon whilst firing at a moving target you get more shots per degree of travel with high rate of fire weapons meaning the range at which the horizontal separation of your rounds is wider than a torso is increased.
                      Therefore your hit rate on moving targets goes up (with high ROF applications and in my experience) by a factor of 10.

2 Like it or not there are a lot of people out there who will ignore a single hit, a cluster of 5 is harder to ignore, feeling as it does "more deliberate".

3 Fear factor - I've seen people freeze up when fired upon with a high rof weapon, even when not hit, the screaming noise is quite scary, in the safe zone dry firing (with a muzzle bag on of course) to check a battery gets a lot of attention.

4 Trigger response - big one this, pull the trigger and a round will discharge within 0.02 seconds.

5 Not for everyone but there is a certain cachet to having one. Most of the time you have to build it yourself. When you have spent months of experimentation trying to find the parts that will work together, MT Haynes box, Riot SC dual sector gears, custom wound motors, expensive wire, prototype MOSFETS, in line capacitance etc. you want to feel proud of your efforts.
                      There is a certain buzz you get from hearing "HIT!-----WTF was that?"

That's just a brief answer but there are reasons, gameplay reasons, for having a high ROF setup.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                        my m4 does about 22 which is more than enough for me but i only use it as a back up
                        And for a gun to skirmish with it is fast enough for anyone really.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

It's like asking "Why do men like fast cars, when there are speed limits?"
                          We can make up all the stupid excuses we want, but at the end of the day, having High ROF guns makes us feel manly.

/thread

Comment

More bb's in the air= Higher chance of a hit
                            Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

mine does about 18 or so I think and never had any issues or felt the need for more, if you cant hit someone with 36 bb's with a 2 second burst then you are a bit dim unless your spraying which for me is a no no as there is no skill involved
                              sigpic

Comment

In the past I was all for High ROF setups, though they never really interested me as anything other than a technical exercise. However I recently encountered someone using a 30+ RPS M4 at a very up close and personal CQB site. Being laced with a 2 second burst to the face/neck somewhat changed my perspective on the matter. Despite wearing full face I came away with a fair number of welts purely because the amount of rounds in the air managed to find gaps between the mask, scrim and my BDU's. The sheer weight of fire hitting the goggles at that range too certainly caught my attention :p

With a high ROF setup I believe that a player has the same responsibility for safety as someone with a high velocity setup. Anyone that thinks that sort of setup is CQB friendly is not someone that I'd want to play against. Why use 70 rounds when 2 will do?

There is one other thing that is starting to bother me about high ROF setups and that's realism. Whilst I accept that it's only a game and we're firing plastic balls at eachother, but a 2500 round per minute M4 tends to break the suspension of disbelief for me.

That said, it is only a game and anone can choose to play it however they want. A 3000rpm M4 has just as much place as a two tone L96 or an MP5K with a double drum mag.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X